X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Registration Code Issue

I am having a problem.

A while back, I purchased a PS2 version of the game. Since I already had a PC version and one account, I felt I did not need to pay for a second account. I could play FFXI on my PS2 using the existing PlayOnline ID.

Now, tonight, I decided I want a second account. So, I registered the POL code from the PS2 version. No problem. I set up all my billing information, email settings and miscellaneous other things. Cool.

I selected Final Fantasy XI from the games menu in the POL Viewer. When I selected the play option, a message warned me that I needed to first purchase a content ID before I am able to continue. So, I backed out and went into the content ID area.

I log in, using my new PlayOnline ID. No problems. I then selected the option to purchase a content ID. The first window that comes up is the Registration Code window, where it promptly asked me to enter my Registration Code for FFXI. I'm assuming they meant the "core" FFXI code, not the Rise of the Zilart expansion code. I entered my code and in the 3rd block, I kind of stopped, trying to note if the 3rd character was an "O" or a zero. Well, I'll try with an "O" this first time.

It immediately returned with a "invalid registration code" error. Okay, maybe it's not an "O" and it's a zero. I quickly edited that and submit again. "invalid registration code" again. I'm carefully noting down if I made any typos. Weird.

I then went to select the options "reactivate content ID" and "review content ID" and I wasn't surprised when the message showed up as I don't have any content ID. D'oh. Now ... I am puzzled, why is it not taking?

I then tried to register the expanded service for RotZ. The code took! WTF?

I then tried again and again and again to purchase an ID and still, my FFXI code got rejected. I even tried using the PlayOnline code and the RotZ code with no luck.

Now, why in hell would just THIS code of ALL codes not work? Did anyone experience this issue? I cannot contact SE since it is already too late and Monday would be the earliest at which I can call.

I'm kind of upset ... this was after all the FFXI+Hard Drive combo for the PS2, of which I shelled out $115 for.

Re: FFXI Registration Code Issue

Kinda hard to understand what you are saying, but maybe you arent putting the codes in right, maybe you have the wrong box, etc? I havent really done any content ID stuff since the game came out, but i have deactivated/reactivated a few times. Try removing the account and then re-adding it ( the PS2 one )

if i dont know what im talking about, plz excuse me, im prolly just not understanding.
    Never fear Death... simply become it...
    http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
    Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
    All our times have come
    Here but now they're gone
    Seasons don't fear the reaper
    Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
    Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
    Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
    We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
    Baby I'm your man...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
      Kinda hard to understand what you are saying, but maybe you arent putting the codes in right, maybe you have the wrong box, etc? I havent really done any content ID stuff since the game came out, but i have deactivated/reactivated a few times. Try removing the account and then re-adding it ( the PS2 one )

if i dont know what im talking about, plz excuse me, im prolly just not understanding.
      No, I'm putting the codes in right and after many attempts, it is still not working. I even tried to do this on the PC and nada. It's like either someone has used my content ID, SE deleted this key from the database or it's a bad key that was put in with my copy of FFXI.

Comment

that sucks.. looks like you're gonna have to wait until monday. The whole pol registration system needs an overhaul imo

Originally posted by SevIfrit
        we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

iam really sorry to ask u all but i just registerd on playonline comunity site. and it said the aplication will come on your email and i have waited for two days then i tried it on my other email and it still didnt work maybe some one nos wuts my problem plz help me ty

Comment

Originally posted by mathias22
            iam really sorry to ask u all but i just registerd on playonline comunity site. and it said the aplication will come on your email and i have waited for two days then i tried it on my other email and it still didnt work maybe some one nos wuts my problem plz help me ty
            Wait ... why are you applying for a PlayOnline Community Site recognition? Do you have a website and are just wanted to get listed on POL's Community Directory? Because what you filled out is just for that - for webmasters who want exposure to their FFXI related website.

In any event, two days means two business days. That means if you emailed on Friday, you won't get to see any response until Monday afternoon at the earliest (Might well be Tuesday or Wednesday before you get a response)

Comment

Working...
            X