Regarding Bismarck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Bismarck

So I'm coming back to FFXI after several years away, reactivated my 48 Taru Dragoon on Bismarck. Now I must ask you guys something.

I'm not sure, but it seems like Bismarck is a beat server. No posts on the Bismarck forums here, and the allakhazam forums are also pretty weak. So, my question... Should I stick around and see what's up, or just jump ship. I've been looking at Kujata, so I could join you guys.

I know there isn't much to be said on the matter, but if anyone has an opinion, voice it. Maybe someone has good things to say about Bismarck?

Re: Regarding Bismarck

Well, just for reference, Bismarck is a really crappy name.

If you don't like it there, keep in mind there are server switches now, so you don't have to give up your old character if you don't want to.

Comment

I can't personally state anything about the server, but I don't think a lack of post on a couple forums is any indication about the people on the forums. For all we know they post on BG, killing ifrit or any other the thousands of various FFXI related forums.

Personally I'd stick around the server a bit and see if you can't find some friends, find a niche in the AH/crafting market for yourself, and get yourself a decent LS.

I believe that a lot of the more notorious servers that you hear about on forums suffer from problems too. I'd hate to be part of the Bahamut endgame scene with as many HNMls that appear to exist there. Exp camps will be more crowed, the AH packed, farming spots taken up. In the end it will probably balance out, but can't really state any factual evidence to support my observations. Just know that there are pros and cons to every server; but for the most part they are all similar.

Forum representation really doesn't show anything. If you looks at the Ifrit section on Alla you'll see it's pretty active, but the vast majority of the post are just drama whores that quit or moved servers trying to continue on an epeen competition. Seems like everyone there has to have the last word, and will argue thier debate beyond death, retirement from the game, or changing servers.

Sevv did start a LS based on this forum when he moved to Kujata, and I'm sure you'd be welcome there. But there are also LSs on every server that are full of friendly people that might be so publically announced here. Perhaps some RL people you know play the game as well; I'd suggest asking your friends if they play FFXI and perhaps they'll have a new home for you there. The options are limitless, hope you find what you're looking for.

Comment

Yeah, that was the other thing, Feba... Bismarck is such a lame name!

Comment

What's wrong with the name? >_>?
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

The name sounds too Germany-ish or like it belongs in a Dakota. >.>;

Who wants to live in a Dakota? <.<

Comment

It is a historical German name; a War War II era battleship and some official of Prussia, I think.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I play on Bismarck. I can say from actual experience that Bismarck probably isn't the most populated server, but it's definitely not a "beat server," whatever that means.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Bismark

Doesn't answer however why it's a crappy name.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I lived in North Dakota once. Necropolis is right.

OP: Since you just got back, I'd suggest sticking it out for a bit and seeing what happens. As mentioned above, lack of forum activity is not necessarily a sign of anything except a lack of players who enjoy posting on forums.

That said, if you decide that you'd rather leave Bismarck, I'm sure there are any number of people here on the forums who would have a server suggestion, or even an invitation for you.

Comment

PaperNinja are you a relative of CardboardNinja? Sorry I don't have anything else to add to what has already been said about the matter.

PS > If you ask me Bismarck sounds like a crappy wrestling name. Just saying.
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

For a little while my little brother used cardboard ninja without me knowing... fortunately he eventually realized how lame that was. Maybe it was my brother, who knows... Where did you know this person?

Comment

That was a really nasty ship....

Originally posted by PaperNinja View Post
                          ....Should I stick around and see what's up, or just jump ship. I've been looking at Kujata, so I could join you guys.

...funny you should mention that.

Someone started started something very evil in the DiV shell.....nice big public place and all. ....it seems to be flooding with people.

Comment

The Evil Army is building.

Nah j/k. DiV is just a good warm welcome to newer (and returning) players, as well as a home to veterans looking for a fresh start. Mainly, it's a "good-ol' boys" club for the members of DiV here (all of whom are welcome to join at any time).

Comment

Originally posted by PaperNinja View Post
                              For a little while my little brother used cardboard ninja without me knowing... fortunately he eventually realized how lame that was. Maybe it was my brother, who knows... Where did you know this person?
                              I knew him from a Matrix Online site.

Well, more like a roleplaying site that was supposed to run events on Matrix Online before Ubi dropped the project and Sega butchered the game.

Edit > That was like 4 years ago. o.O;
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X