Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any heavily populated servers left?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any heavily populated servers left?

I'm posting here because the Returning players section doesn't look like it gets much use.

I'm looking for a server that has people to group with all the time and not just during peak hours. I played from the US PC release up until around the time Chains of Promathia came out. I just came back a few days ago. I registered the expansions on a new account and linked it to my Xbox Live gamer tag. I can't move my characters from my old account over to my new, and I'm not going to buy the expansions for my PC as I just bought the all in one for the Xbox360.

Anyway, I'm looking for a server with lots of people on it. I was assigned to Lakshmi and this morning, (I'm on US central timezone) there was a total of 2 groups in valkurm at my lvl. I logged out after a few. I logged back 2 hours later and there was no groups my lvl in Valkurm. Granted there is some traffic on Lakshmi during peak times, but I'd really like to start over on full server where I can find a group during the day as well as peak times. The more people the better.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a World to try to get a pass for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Are there any heavily populated servers left?

/sea all. 2605 found.
    not bad considering it's only thursday afternoon
    Most servers are still well populated. On prime time Titan shoots up to nearly 4k on week ends.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I think the better question at this point would be to ask which servers are not highly populated.

Lakshmi has a lot of people on it. The last time I saw the server population below 2,800 people was just after a maint was over. Lower Jeuno is always packed, and now so is Aht Urhgan. Midgardsormr and Ragnarok are big servers. I'm a citizen of Lakshmi, and I've thought for a really long time our server was over populated.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Yeah, if i were you, i would look for the emptiest server you could find. 10-20 r the only levels that are negatively affected by low population, which..actually probably sucks on most servers at this point. My suggestion, is stay on the server that u just got onto, tough it out, maybe solo to 20, yeh ive done this XD and then im sure that u could get pts pretty easy in qufim.

Comment

Tdh, I don't know how you can say that unless you pretty much only play during prime time and at night. There's no one on during the day. Or at least for the past 2 days there hasn't.

Comment

2610 online right now in Carby. Not too bad, pretty respectable. We have a pretty big split between JPs and NAs though.

Expect to see a lot of 'JP pt only' promts in peoples' search messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaeden
              Tdh, I don't know how you can say that unless you pretty much only play during prime time and at night. There's no one on during the day. Or at least for the past 2 days there hasn't.
              It's probably not that there's no one on during the day, but more that there's no one trying to level a lower level job during the day because a lot of people are at work or at school. Most people that are on are probably either leveling higher level jobs or farming and crafting.

BTW Kujata right now
              /sea all - 2705
              /sea Valkurm Dunes 10-20 - 113
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah, later in the evening, and early morning I find that the Dunes are so packed you can't get a camp. And since there are a lotta new people on, and a lotta people leveling the three new jobs, some people are having a helluva time getting a camp and/or mobs to kill. A LS did a party in the Dunes the other day and they were fighting for mobs. Just so many people there. Now a lot of that has moved to Qufim. It's the mid-50's that are a pain now. Even when there are 3500 people on the server, there are hardly any people seeking in the Lv.52~55 range.
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Shiva
                  /sea all 2727
                  all those lv 20 and below:518
                  time: 7:39 pm est
                  BST 56/ WHM 28/ NIN 28/ THF 16/ COR 11
                  Shiva

Comment

Right now, there are 2574 people online on Remora. I wouldn't really recommend this server however, as the economy is really screwy. On top of that we seem to be the favourite server for emigration which results in a lot of scam artists landing here.

Comment

Asura's usually still pretty packed and with everyone leveling the new jobs the dunes have actually been rather busy lately. Econmy could be better so you might be better off where you are

http://www.s14.invisionfree.com/gauntlet
                      [Kaliet-RDM] [Tryn-WHM] [Sowilo-WAR]

Comment

Caitsith - /sea all = 2785

Comment

With how SE mantinences the servers and how you generally land on them just about every server should be closely populated with similar numbers of people. Given the right time of day one server may appear to be larger then the rest and at other parts of the day one may seem to be empty.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

This sucks. I wish I had of registered the expansions with my old ID instead of starting from scratch. It didn't even occur to me as I was doing it that I would have a hard time lvling through the lower lvls and getting all the components for the sub job quest.

I've got a character on Caitsith and another one on Bahamut, both of which have almost every job unlocked.

I called customer service and asked if there was anyway to move my characters from that ID to my new one, or to cancel this one and then reregister the expansions with my old account. Maybe I can try again and find someone alittle more helpful. I don't see why they won't do it. I have all the info for both accounts. I know they still have my payment info. My last name hasn't changed... ... this sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaeden
                              I called customer service and asked if there was anyway to move my characters from that ID to my new one, or to cancel this one and then reregister the expansions with my old account. Maybe I can try again and find someone alittle more helpful. I don't see why they won't do it. I have all the info for both accounts. I know they still have my payment info. My last name hasn't changed... ... this sucks.
                              No matter who you contact they're gonna tell you no sadly. If they allowed character transfers it would make life much easier for account sellers and whatnot. I had a problem kinda like this. My brother had a character on my account but when I moved out he had to buy his own account and couldn't take his character... no manner of pleading begging or yelling helped.

Chances are if you ask around you'll find the help you need to get back up as long as you're polite. It's rough to start over but fun at the same time, so good luck ^^

http://www.s14.invisionfree.com/gauntlet
                              [Kaliet-RDM] [Tryn-WHM] [Sowilo-WAR]

Comment

Working...
                              X