This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiding?

Hello all! I'm new to the game, and will be starting in a few days. I'm an old hand to MMOG's...I played DAoC for a year or so, and EQ for 5. I'm looking for a server with alot of LS's that raid, if that's a viable option in this game. Feel free to drop a line with any server suggestions or eventual LS's I should shoot for. I prefer to play tanking classes, so likely I'll play a Pal/War combo or something with a Dark Knight
    Nueinx

"And behold, a pale horse strode forth. And upon him rode death, and Hades followed with him."

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Raiding?

There is no "raiding", but there is a new thing called Assault, and it's onlly with 3 people, so I hear.

Comment

Well, I had read in another forum about FFXI, something about killing the Gods... I had thought that meant some type of raid, or perhaps something different from what I'm thinking. Any thoughts?
      Nueinx

"And behold, a pale horse strode forth. And upon him rode death, and Hades followed with him."

Comment

Ah, yes. HNM LSs. Every server has them. Some are better than others, etc. But all that is end-game stuff, level 70+ usually.

Comment

Ok then, so here's another n00bish question. What does HNM and NM stand for? I assume "Named Mob" or something the like for NM, but correct me if I'm wrong. As far as it being end game, I know, and that's what I'm asking about. Basically, I'd like to find the FFXI equivalent of a LS that is slightly below EQs Triton/FoH guilds. A top notch group, that isn't ONLY about power gaming....especially if it means not having fun.
          Nueinx

Comment

NM = Notorious Monster

HNM = Highly/Hyper/etc Notorious Monster

NM = badarse

HNM = SUPER bad arse

The endgame ls's that are the type you seek are particularly picky. You will have to keep your nose clean in game, learn your job VERY well and play it VERY well, and then you'll have to apply, be tested, and wait to see if your accepted.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I remember EQ and DAoC used the same terms didn't they?

NM Notorious monsters. I used to read it named-mobs long ago ^^ Basicly, a mob with it's own name. Like a bee but has a name "Bob" instead of "Killer Bee."

HNM - Hyper NM. Stronger version of NM. Some are cosidered Gods.

The big daddies HNM (do you call the grand dragons HNM?) require a lot of people. As the game's system goes, only 18 people in the alliance are allowed to actually land offensive moves on one HNM. But on the stronger ones we need back up parties to take care of links or switch members in and out when death happens. Like Kirin, usually we use around 40 people to fight it. Some grand dragon you'll need even more to clear the crazy links.

Dynamis is a special zone up to 64 members can participate in any battles that happen inside.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Ah ok, thanks. Well that answers that=). Now I just have to pick a higher level LS to shoot for=p.

Nueinx

"Find the cost of Freedom....buried in the ground."
                Nueinx

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                  Like Kirin, usually we use around 40 people to fight it. Some grand dragon you'll need even more to clear the crazy links.

Dynamis is a special zone up to 64 members can participate in any battles that happen inside.
                  My ls does Kirin with 18. We do Dynamis Beaucidine with 20. You just have to find a good tight well rounded ls with good players. Thats the kicker. You don't really know much until you get into the ls and no one likes an ls "hopper" which is someone that stays for a while and then moves on to another. So its important to "test" the ls your applying to also. A good way to do this is to know some of the members and then go to some of the hunts they do and watch their skill in action. Good luck with endgame because it is fun but its also a pain in the patoots.
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

lol I can deal with end game. 5+ years of EQ has trained me for it=P.
                    Nueinx

Comment

hehe i left my HNM LS because of drama before they get to fight kirin ^^

But the other reason some bigger LS use many people is not because they lack skill.
                      People wants to participate for points. They show up at the hunt whether they are required or not. To get the points from participation. So those back up people are always there.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                        hehe i left my HNM LS because of drama before they get to fight kirin ^^

But the other reason some bigger LS use many people is not because they lack skill.
                        People wants to participate for points. They show up at the hunt whether they are required or not. To get the points from participation. So those back up people are always there.
                        Good point, thats another thing the OP should look into. The system that the ls uses to award items. VERY important to know. Our ls does not use a point system. Leader and sacs vote on drops before a fight. We also have a mature ls and people realize who needs what the most and who should get what to benefit the ls the most.

Comment

Working...
                        X