This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specifically Midgardsormr...

I quit FFXI almost a full year ago. A month or so after CoP was released. Mainly due to burn out and intense drama from participating with a number of HNM Guilds on the Server: Fairy. I joined WoW on the Feathermoon RP Server and have been there since. However, while having found a great guild and clearing endgame content (molten core and blackwing's lair) I want to come back to FFXI. WoW gives me no sense of accomplishment, something FFXI had a lot of for me.

I want to avoid joining a high drama server such as Fairy. I have a character on the server already who has a 75 WHM but I am not going to be returning to him. I just don't want to deal with anyone from that server. I understand a lot of people that read and participate on these forums are members of Midgardsormr and would like to know what they think of this server.

Are any of the RP LSs actively involved in the end game (sky, promathia, dynamis)?

Is it difficult to find people to do nation missions, zilaart missions, promathia missions?

How is the end game relationship between the popular HNM LSs?

Do any of the good HNM LSs run a DKP System?

How is the economy? Will I as a new player be farming gil for 6 months to get my valkurm/crawler's nest/garlaige/boyadah tree leveling gear?

How crowded is the server?

Im very curious to find these answers. I would like to befriend and join an RP LS or even an non-RP LS that has a good community of members. I would really like to complete the national missions, the zilaart missions and also the promathia missions. Im not incredibly interested in HNM LSs as my availability is very strict at the moment due to a full time job and school but I would like any LS I join to have a fair system in place to distribute loot (such as DKP) if the fun RP LS happens to be an HNM LS who also help members run missions.

Thank you all in advance for helping enlighten me on this server. I hear this server has a large RP demographic and I would love to make some friends here.

-Osun

Re: Specifically Midgardsormr...

Well firstly, let me just say Midgardsormr is a pretty decent server. Its a very large server so getting help with missions and quests is almost never a problem.

There are plenty of RP end game LSs - but without getting all excited, i have to mention the single word that drives people away. . . DRAMA. Midgardsormr has drama just like other servers - to the point where some people will not even talk to you because you are in a certain LS. Other than those select few assholes on the server, everyone acts very respectfully towards eachother - as long as you act that way to them of course.

The economy... wow.... well... lets just say this... Do you check the Auction House, farm for a month and expect the item to be close to the same price? LoL Yes, it can get that bad. Like... for example. I bought my Iquira Weskit for my BLM when it was at 1 million gil. Two months later, its up to 4.3 million. Another example... a friend of mine farmed for a month just to buy 3 elemental staffs. When he got the money (according to the price history it was a month ago), he went to buy them. Well... he found out the prices dropped so much that he was able to buy 5 staffs instead of 3. So the economy is kinda screwy... but its livable.

Dispite all the downfalls and assholes on the server... Midgardsormr is where I call home, and I wouldnt change it for the world.
    ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Is the drama between LSs mainly the end game LSs? Is it with all the end game LSs? I understand drama is everywhere and Im sure every server has some. Fairy though wow... I was introduced to drama on whole new levels. Nidhogg ping ponging back forth between 4 LSs (2 JP LSs) for over 24 hours, even with GM intervention. (The JP LSs actually told the NA GM to go away they wanted JP GM only. and he did!) A number of accounts in the end game HNM LSs were subject to robbery (LS Leaders taking all the LS Bank Gil and items such as Kirin's Osode and jumping servers for instance. LS members borrowing another guild members Kraken Club and then keeping it and switching LSs.)

I mean wow, Fairy took things to whole new levels. It was amazing. I really want to avoid anything like that. Even if it means I'll never be truly end game because I won't camp HNMs.

Scary economies don't bother me so much. I just want to have fun! I want to explore Vana'diel again and adventure with new friends completing all the missions. High end items are nice but I won't really require any of the abjuration gear. Although Im not shy of Tu'Lia/Sky because it doesn't involve camping but actually spawning encounters and farming items.

I think I would like to join the server if the drama isnt *too* bad. I'll probably request a gold worldpass sometime in the next few weeks.

Comment

Yes there is drama... but considering what you are coming from.... it will be heaven on earth lol. And no its not will ALL LS's.

Comment

Fantastic! =] Would you mind if I PM you within the next few weeks for a gold worldpass? Maybe we could talk ingame and you could tell me about some RP LSs and recommend some names, ect. and who to avoid (drama). To help get me oriented socially on the server.

Comment

Surely. You can also send me an email - Spazz_man@pol.com. I will hook ya up

Comment

Working...
            X