Re: Weekly Quiz!

I have two folders full of 'em.

One physical, one digital.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

As a side note I will be on FFXI over the weekend so if anyone is interested in FFXI instead of D&D tomorrow let me know.

Will also be on past 9pm EST too tonight, and Saturday, and also on Tuesday.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I miss D&D... and yeah, I'll never get any xp from these weekly quizzes, eventually you guys will lap me a level, LOL... i guess thats a way to nerf the NAW...
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Weekly Quiz 2!!!

Question 1: What spell was the Alchemist in the Feywild bottling when the party first arrived in his shop?
          Reward: 150xp

Question 2: What lame joke did Lord Oran tell when describing his preparations to receive the party?
          Reward: 200xp

Question 3: To the best of your ability, describe the other passengers on board the Yaggerbad Sky House during the party's return trip to the Realm of Existence. (Accuracy and detail determine your final xp reward)
          Reward: 100-250xp

Once again! Submit your answers to me in the form of a PM. Preface your final answers with the words "FINAL ANSWER". Those of you who sat in on last session, please do not participate. DO NOT POST ANSWERS PUBLICLY!

Once I have everyone's answers, I'll post the results.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Wellp, I'm boned!

Comment

Well shit, even I might not get full exp for this one.
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

As an added twist... Armando's experience reward for this quiz will be determined in a way that best fits him. I'll add together the final xp scores of Fire, Cid, Lyulf and Mezlo and divide by 4.

(F+C+M+L)/4 = A
                Last edited by Yygdrasil; 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

F+C+M+L/4 = A
                  Just kidding! Sounds fair...

...Actually, you might want to put some parentheses around that addition.

Comment

touche, salesman.

Comment

Cid's the one who gets everything right anyway. Seriously I think he secretly records the sessions or something...
                      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                        As an added twist... Armando's experience reward for this quiz will be determined in a way that best fits him. I'll add together the final xp scores of Fire, Cid, Lyulf and Mezlo and divide by 4.

(F+C+M+L)/4 = A
                        Ok, then I'd like the same consideration for me and my xp for the session prior.

- - - Updated - - -

One should not get more xp for not attending the session and get free xp from the quiz, than attending the session and just getting the questions incorrect.
                        RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

So I should retroactively reward your ignorance while dolling out penalties for attendance? I'm averaging out Armando's XP based on the combined attentiveness of the party. I came to this decision because during the last quiz, Armando ranked dead smack in the middle of everyone else. Thus... I'm rewarding him with xp in relation to the answers given by the rest of you.

Had it been Cid and not Armando who was absent, I would have adjusted it so that Cid's xp reward would be equal to that of whoever scored highest.

Had it been you I would have adjusted it so that your xp reward was equal to that of whoever scored lowest.

Fairness and equality based on track record.

Comment

So I should retroactively reward your ignorance while dolling out penalties for attendance? I'm averaging out Armando's XP based on the combined attentiveness of the party. I came to this decision because during the last quiz, Armando ranked dead smack in the middle of everyone else. Thus... I'm rewarding him with xp in relation to the answers given by the rest of you.

Had it been Cid and not Armando who was absent, I would have adjusted it so that Cid's xp reward would be equal to that of whoever scored highest.

Had it been you I would have adjusted it so that your xp reward was equal to that of whoever scored lowest.

Fairness and equality based on track record.
                            LOL. Your fairness is bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to make the party better, so it's all good. But this ever-changing XP allocation is cumbersome...
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

If your aim is to sabotage Armando, you're better off flunking your own quiz intentionally.

- - - Updated - - -

For what it's worth... nobody has scored 100% on this week's quiz yet. One person got close... but nobody has hit 100%

Comment

If your aim is to sabotage Armando, you're better off flunking your own quiz intentionally.
                                Sabotaging Aramando has nothing to do with it. Just because I did bad one week, i would get penalized per your "fairness" on upcoming quizzes? WTF is that? That's hardly "fair." And you're going to try and tell me that you are going to be keeping a running tally of each person's quiz scores, and total points earned each week, and apply a year to date weighted balance for someone's weekly XP quiz if they happen to miss a session? Bollocks! (there you go Jarre...)

- - - Updated - - -

So I should retroactively reward your ignorance while dolling out penalties for attendance?
                                And you misspoke here. There are no penalties for attendance.
                                RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Working...
                                X