This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Important Notices

Any word on if we are playing this week?
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

so far. plan on it.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
        Just a heads up, I'm not going to be available on the 22nd and I'd like the EAW to play my character.
        I'll hold it down for you...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
        so far. plan on it.
        I can be on around 8-8:30pm EST. We are attending an 8 hour baby training class at our hospital.
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

well we'll keep your character going until you get here as thats like 1:30am here!

Comment

I'm gonna be working this Saturday. I'll still show up for this session (flexible hours since it's overtime), but it'd be nice to have an idea of the time we're starting ASAP so I know if I'm working early in the day or late at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
              well we'll keep your character going until you get here as thats like 1:30am here!
              Fire can control the EAW if you play while I'm gone. A few things to remember:

1. keep gravity bow up, prepare it before netering combat so it wont take an action move
              2. my bolts are +1d6 fire
              3. fire 2 bolts since the penalty is negligible with Heroism up, lasts a long time
              4. kill all monsters that get in your way. errr... anything that gets in your way.

~EAW
              RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I'm hoping no later than 11pm GMT (6pm EST) preferbly 10pm GMT (5pm EST) depends on ygg and TM.

Comment

Well if that's the case, I could get on around 9pm EST, you guys should still be going by then.
                  RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                    3. fire 2 bolts since the penalty is negligible with Heroism up, lasts a long time
                    But not if a party member is standing right in front of you. If that's the case, the random number gods will make you critical fail and kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                      But not if a party member is standing right in front of you. If that's the case, the random number gods will make you critical fail and kill them.
                      Agreed. If this is the case, acrobatics passed them then fire 2 bolts.

~EAW

- - - Updated - - -
                      RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Wouldn't that use up your move action and prevent you from using a full attack?
                        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                        Name: Drjones
                        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

it would.

Comment

i though you could move and then attack. its what lily does when she acrobatics through something and then attacks. whats the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

keep in mind me firing 2 bolts is one action its not 2 attack rounds, just one round 2 attacks.
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

keep in mind me firing 2 bolts is one action its not 2 attack rounds, just one round 2 attacks.
                              Under normal circumstances, you need to do a Full Attack - which uses up your movement AND standard action - to do more than one hit.

There are feats and spells that let you bend the rules, but Rapid Shot isn't one of them.
                              Benefit: When making a full-attack action with a ranged weapon, you can fire one additional time this round. All of your attack rolls take a –2 penalty when using Rapid Shot.
                              The most you can do is take a 5 foot step, since that doesn't count as a move action.

I think it's a stupid mechanic, since it decreases your options and puts dual wielders at an even greater disadvantage to two-handers (you need feats to dual wield in the first place.) IMO a Full Attack should grant you an attack roll bonus or higher chance to crit instead of being the only way to actually fight normally, but we're playing by the rules unless Yyg says otherwise.
                              Last edited by Armando; 12-14-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Action Types
                                An action's type essentially tells you how long the action takes to perform (within the framework of the 6-second combat round) and how movement is treated. There are six types of actions: standard actions, move actions, full-round actions, swift actions, immediate actions, and free actions.

In a normal round, you can perform a standard action and a move action, or you can perform a full-round action. You can also perform one swift action and one or more free actions. You can always take a move action in place of a standard action.

In some situations (such as in a surprise round), you may be limited to taking only a single move action or standard action.

Standard Action: A standard action allows you to do something, most commonly to make an attack or cast a spell. See Table: Actions in Combat for other standard actions.

Move Action: A move action allows you to move up to your speed or perform an action that takes a similar amount of time. See Table: Actions in Combat for other move actions.

You can take a move action in place of a standard action. If you move no actual distance in a round (commonly because you have swapped your move action for one or more equivalent actions), you can take one 5-foot step either before, during, or after the action.

Full-Round Action: A full-round action consumes all your effort during a round. The only movement you can take during a full-round action is a 5-foot step before, during, or after the action. You can also perform free actions and swift actions (see below). See Table: Actions in Combat for a list of full-round actions.

Some full-round actions do not allow you to take a 5-foot step.

Some full-round actions can be taken as standard actions, but only in situations when you are limited to performing only a standard action during your round. The descriptions of specific actions detail which actions allow this option.

Free Action: Free actions consume a very small amount of time and effort. You can perform one or more free actions while taking another action normally. However, there are reasonable limits on what you can really do for free, as decided by the GM.

Swift Action: A swift action consumes a very small amount of time, but represents a larger expenditure of effort and energy than a free action. You can perform only a single swift action per turn.

Immediate Action: An immediate action is very similar to a swift action, but can be performed at any time—even if it's not your turn.

Not an Action: Some activities are so minor that they are not even considered free actions. They literally don't take any time at all to do and are considered an inherent part of doing something else, such as nocking an arrow as part of an attack with a bow.

Restricted Activity: In some situations, you may be unable to take a full round's worth of actions. In such cases, you are restricted to taking only a single standard action or a single move action (plus free and swift actions as normal). You can't take a full-round action (though you can start or complete a full-round action by using a standard action; see below).

- - - Updated - - -

Full-Round Actions (Attack of Opportunity Y/N)

Full attack (No)
                                Charge (No)
                                Deliver coup de grace (Yes)
                                Escape from a net (Yes)
                                Extinguish flames (No)
                                Light a torch (Yes)
                                Load a heavy or repeating crossbow (Yes) <---This one I was unaware of
                                Lock or unlock weapon in locked gauntlet (Yes)
                                Prepare to throw splash weapon (Yes)
                                Run (Yes)
                                Use skill that takes 1 round (Usually)
                                Use a touch spell on up to six friends (Yes)
                                Withdraw (No)

With this new information regarding the full round actions and their connection to Heavy Crossbow loading... suddenly the damage that thing deals makes a whole lot more sense. In all reality, Mezlo should have been spending a full round to load, then a full round to attack, then a full round to load. All this movement before and after each attack... and not using the round needed to reload clears everything up.
                                Last edited by Yygdrasil; 12-14-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X