This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Important Notices

Can't have a dog as I can be out of house for 4 hours so not fair on it, cats are more independant. I have reserved one today, went today instead as couldn't concentrate on work and reserved a 6 year old female cat called Dolly. pick her up on 27th december hwne I'm back from my brothers who I'm spending xmas with. They will make sure her vaccinations are up to date and give me an info pack etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
      I'm gonna go out on a limb and say neither is really better, it depends on the individual animal. I've known dogs who were nasty and cats who were so laid back you could use them as a pillow.
      I have a cousin with a cat so laid back you can use her as a pillow, but only if you're male.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

You could have a dog you would just need a small dog. I wasn't a small dog fan until i met my wife. She had a 3 year old black Pomeranian. I grew up with big dogs and have always loved big dogs, but wouldn't get one in San Diego because my house / yard isn't big enough to accomodate one. The little Pomeranians (we have 2 now, Bear is 6 yrs old now and littlw Wolf is 9 mos old) do just fine in our house. They are alone around 8 hours during the day and the are just fine. Just an FYI for the future. Enjoy your new cat! See if you can teach it to poo in a toilet like that other guy that was one the forums, Ziero was it?
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

In an effort to bring things back on topic... and to provide a discussion topic for the coming week... here's something: I'm officially forcing a change to Mezlo's character alignment.

It was originally chosen as Chaotic Neutral and I've gone over his actions, reactions and behavior in the campaign to date and have come to the conclusion that they are far more in line with an alignment of Neutral Evil... if not Chaotic Evil.

By Definition:

Neutral Evil
          Neutral Evil is called the "Malefactor" alignment. Characters of this alignment are typically selfish and have no qualms about turning on their allies-of-the-moment, and usually make allies primarily to further their own goals exclusively. They have no compunctions about harming others to get what they want, but neither will they go out of their way to cause carnage or mayhem when they see no direct benefit to it. They abide by laws for only as long as it is convenient for them. A character of this alignment can be more dangerous than either Lawful or Chaotic Evil characters, since she or he is neither bound by any sort of honor or tradition nor disorganized and pointlessly violent.

Chaotic Neutral
          Chaotic Neutral is called the "Anarchist" or "Free Spirit" alignment. A character of this alignment is an individualist who follows his or her own heart, and generally shirks rules and traditions. Although they promote the ideals of freedom, it is their own freedom that comes first. Good and Evil come second to their need to be free, and the only reliable thing about them is how totally unreliable they are. Chaotic Neutral characters are free-spirited and do not enjoy the unnecessary suffering of others, but if they join a team, it is because that team's goals happen to coincide with their own at the moment. They invariably resent taking orders and can be very selfish in their pursuit of personal goals. A Chaotic Neutral character does not have to be an aimless wanderer; they may have a specific goal in mind, but their methods of achieving that goal are often disorganized, unorthodox, or entirely unpredictable.

Now don't be confused by the similarities these 2 alignments share. There are differences that make a significant impact on the way characters of each are played. For instance:

Chaotic Neutral characters are more spontanious
          Neutral Evil ones are more calculating.

Chaotic Neutral characters have the capacity for remorse
          Neutral Evil ones would not.

Chaotic Neutral characters have no real structure or set of goals to accomplish outside of self preservation
          Neutral Evil ones have established goals and intentions that they strive to accomplish as a means to some end.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

i dont agree. I still think my character is more chaotic neutral. The only party member i intentionally harmed was Adam, and it was knowing he wouldn't die.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
            Neutral Evil is called the "Malefactor" alignment. Characters of this alignment are typically selfish and have no qualms about turning on their allies-of-the-moment
            And my character is not selfish and would not turn on my allies at any moment. The Adam occurence aside... If anything, that was a reflex move to keep him from hoarding the treasure to himself sinc he wouldn't share the treasure with the party, which is my character's main goal, to divide all treasure evenly among us, which my character made quite obvoius.
            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Killing PCs isn't the issue, it's your character's behavior before, during and after events that by their very nature should illicit some kind of emotional response from him. You killed Fire... and regardless if it was an accident or not, you remained unphased by your actions. I think the most emotional reaction you had was "My bad". Lack of remorse. Lack of guilt. Lack of compassion. Lack of regret. Lack of emotion in general. The only thing your character seems to get really jazzed about is KILLING THINGS and doing it in the most quick and efficient way possible.

There's a lack of chaos to your chaotic side. You try to plan and calculate and strategize with the party in times of battle and act forward, calculating and to the point when speaking with NPCs.

Quotes like "Let's kill them all!", "Why are you holding back? We should be destroying them with out superior power!" and "Fuck you guys, I'm blowing shit up!" come to mind.

Comment

Chaotic Neutral
                Chaotic Neutral is called the "Anarchist" . They invariably resent taking orders and can be very selfish in their pursuit of personal goals. A Chaotic Neutral character does not have to be an aimless wanderer; they may have a specific goal in mind, but their methods of achieving that goal are often disorganized, unorthodox, or entirely unpredictable.
                This summarizes my character to a T. So, not sure why you're leaning towards evil... Nothing I've done is evil, Adam aside. Don't you dare try and call the critical failure mishap with Fire evil. If anything, it's exactly what chaotic neutral is, "their methods of achieving a goal (killing the wizard at the end of the hallway) are often disorganized, unorthodixm and entirely UNPREDICTABLE." Again, that's exactly my character... Not sure what you're trying to do or get at. Oh wait, I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to case more friction amongst party members, adn create a greater division between a few...
                RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                  If anything, that was a reflex move to keep him from hoarding the treasure to himself sinc he wouldn't share the treasure with the party, which is my character's main goal, to divide all treasure evenly among us, which my character made quite obvoius.
                  I appologize for not letting you pick "Communist" as a class.

Comment

You killed Fire... and regardless if it was an accident or not, you remained unphased by your actions. I think the most emotional reaction you had was "My bad". Lack of remorse. Lack of guilt. Lack of compassion. Lack of regret. Lack of emotion in general.
                    Wrong. My character was saddened by this... If anything, by metagaming, i was more pissed at you for making a retarded DM call, that never was called that was before. All other critical failures hurt the person doing the attack, period. This was the only time you said, well fuck it, if you fail this time you hit fire. For what reason you decided to abandon the way you normally call critical failures and change to this I dont know. Oh wait I know, to create more friction and divide the some party members ever further. I'm starting to see a pattern here.... Hmmmm....
                    RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

UNPREDICTABLE
                      You're UNpredictable huh? So you mean to tell me that when we enter the next room, your first action isnt going to be "Gravity bow" and your second isnt going to be "Attack the biggest looking threat with a crossbow attack"?

Comment

I appologize for not letting you pick "Communist" as a class.
                        Still, my character has more traits and plays more along with the chaotic neutral than the evil side, hands down. Now, you're going to do whatever you want to do, because well, you'e the DM and that's what you do. But to try and force party members to be at odds with one another, and to try and ostracize and alienate certain party members is a bit petty, even for you.

- - - Updated - - -

You're UNpredictable huh? So you mean to tell me that when we enter the next room, your first action isnt going to be "Gravity bow" and your second isnt going to be "Attack the biggest looking threat with a crossbow attack"?
                        Might not be. Depends what's in the room. Are you going to get on Armando now for grappling??? Oh wait, probably not. He's kind of predictable with that though don't you think?
                        RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

you said, well fuck it, if you fail this time you hit fire. For what reason you decided to abandon the way you normally call critical failures and change to this
                          Yep, I changed the rule for 1 attack. You heard the terms and were given the chance to choose to do something else. Instead, you said "I'm cool with that" and continued. How is that my fault anymore? You could just as easily picked a different attack or a different target. You assumed you couldn't possibly critically fail (and the odds were 0.08%... we did the math) and yet you did. Hell... Fire is the one who died and he took it on the chin like a champ. His first words were "I guess I'll go re-roll a new character"... while you went off like a hurricane about how "this isn't how it's done" and "that's not fair" and "this is everyone's fault but mine". It's a game dude. You take things too personally, like I'm attacking you and not your character. You have to draw a line in the sand where you understand the differemce between in character and out of character.

Something unfavorable happened to your character. Get over it. Have I nerfed you? No. If anything, I just gave you a free ticket to not have to take shit from the party the next time you kill a party member.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to get on Armando now for grappling??? Oh wait, probably not. He's kind of predictable with that though don't you think?
                          Armando's alignment isn't Chaotic. Yours is.

- - - Updated - - -

But to try and force party members to be at odds with one another, and to try and ostracize and alienate certain party members is a bit petty, even for you.
                          I'm not alienating you. You do a really good job of that all on your own. Your attack on Adam caused the rest of the party to lash out at you. I didn't provoke that. Your behavior and defense of your actions caused the rift between you and the rest of the party, not me. You chose to take the risk of hitting Firewind, I just left you the option to back out. Your behavior afterwords when confronted with Cid's accusations pushed you two at odds.

What I'm doing is what is what I feel needs to be done to stabalize the rational behind your character's actions.

Comment

LOL, ok... But don't cut and paste what the definitions of Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil are, and then say that my character is more evil based upon being predictable, killing Fire by accident, and then not showing remorse in the middle of a fight where we were being bombarded by fireballs. Thinking back on all the sessions we've had, my character is much more aligned with the Chaotic Neutral side rather than the Evil side. But do what you wish.
                            Last edited by Mezlo; 11-30-2012, 03:23 PM.
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I'm also closely watching Armando's actions and determining if it's necessery to alter his alignment as well. Is he Good? Yes, he has nothing but the best intentions in mind. Is he Lawful? It's iffy. For instance, from where he was standing when you shot Firewind, it looked like cold-blooded murder (hence Cid charging you with the battlecry "you bastard"). Why then, would a Lawful Good Cleric, seeing this happen, do nothing to try and interrogate you afterword? Looked to him like you broke the law. Not only that, you broke the law AND killed a party member. He also hasn't chastized the rogues for their thefts... or Jarre for... idk... trying to stuff an old woman in a backpack. Torture, Armor spikes, pinning living creatures to the wall with immovable rods? Nothing about that sounds lawful. Greater GOOD? Poissble... Lawful? No.

Rest assured I'm not JUST watching you.

Comment

Rest assured I'm not JUST watching you.
                                It's ok, I'm over it. We'll see what you come up next to throw at Mez... /popcorn

oh, and sure you are, lol...
                                RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Working...
                                X