X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Important Notices

I was mistaken. Confused Caster Level with Spell Level.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
    I hope my feat selection makes a lot more sense now to you...
    It still doesn't. Your feat selection would be good no matter what class you chose. Why you chose wizard still confuses me. If you had selected Ranger, you'd have access to a second attack/round by now, 2 Favored Enemies (assuredly Human and Goblin by now), 2 Bonus Combat-style feats, 1 favored terrain, Hunters Bond, Endurance, a higher BaB, Higher Saving Throws... and you'd have access to first level spells starting at level 4.

Considering how infrequently you use spells at all, it just doesn't make any sense to me. You min-max your stats and then choose a class/attack style combination that doesn't compliment the min-maxed stats.

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Good sweet jesus Pathfinder nerfed Wizards.
    I hope my feat selection makes alot more sense now to you...

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

No Yyging.

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

If you are then that totally fucks up my character outline for leveling and feats, i was going by the pathfinder rules. If they are being Yyg'ed I'd like to reset at least one if my picked feats since I'm just becoming aware of it now.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Good sweet jesus Pathfinder nerfed Wizards.

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

And let me know if you're Yyg'ing the metamagic feats.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Start time for tomorrow will be 6:00pm EST

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

double post

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Can he even take Rapid Reload? He needs Weapon Proficiency.
    "Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Wizards are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, and quarterstaff, but not with any type of armor or shield. Armor interferes with a wizard's movements, which can cause his spells with somatic components to fail."

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

Did we ever get a start time for tomorrow's session?

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

I update my sheet every session, and metamagic is useful once i get access to the useful metamagic feats with the proper spells. At our current level, its not worth it. At later levels, as Yyg pointed out, its very worth it.

*edit* almost every session

- - - Updated - - -

Heavy uses up the movement action in order to work.
    Ok, so dont acrobatics past them, take a 5 foot step and lean past them, then fire the 2 bolts.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't get why he doesn't actually cast spells. Maximize Spell: Fireball
    Maximizes the variable damage range of a spell.
    At 6th Level that means a 6d6 Fireball becomes a 10d6 Fireball.
    I couldnt do a maximized fireball spell until level 11, we are still a long ways from that..

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind i can fire 2 bolts with an attack roll of (1d20+8 within 30 feet and with Heroism active) with a damage roll of 2d6+1+3+1d6. A 1d20+8 is a damn good attack roll for the majority of the mobs we go up against, so both bolts hitting is usually a prety good chance. My base damage if both hit is 14-44. I prefer this approach and save the few magic spells I have for more of a boss mob.

- - - Updated - - -

BUT!!!! An empowered, maximized spell gains the separate benefits of each feat: the maximum result plus half the normally rolled result.
    So at 6th Level that means a 6d6 Fireball becomes a 13d6 Fireball. Maxed out at Level 10, that becomes a 15d6 Fireball.
    I dont think you understand the way the metamagic spells work unless you are changing the gameplay as Yyg the DM. At 6th level you cant use empowered or maximized metamagic feats with fireball... Empowered requires a spell slot 2 levels higher than the 3rd level spell of fireball. So I'd need to be a level 9 wizard (which I'm not,) and a maximized metamagic feat requieres a spell slot 3 levels above, so it would be a 6th level spell, I'd need to be at level 11. Now let me know if these rules are being Yyg'ed and I'll start loading up on metamgic feats, LOL! But until i can use them with a good spell (like fireball) it's just not worth it at level 5 or 6...
    Last edited by Mezlo; 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

I have them. They're on my PC at home. Im at work and wanted to just add them to the Campaign info thread.

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

Jarre :: (Read-Only) - Myth-Weavers

Should I be concerned that I have all the character sheets but the DM does not?

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Ok. I see that all his Feats are in order. He did indeed take all of them. However, Rapid Reload will still negate his move for the round. Light crossbows and Bows allow movement, Heavy uses up the movement action in order to work.

- - - Updated - - -

What's Jarre's sheet link btw

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

But then we'd have to use him to bazooka every encounter.

Anyway, character sheet. Write it down this time: Yyg's game Pathfinder :: (Read-Only) - Myth-Weavers

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

I still don't get why he doesn't actually cast spells. Jesus Christ. A kid played in one of my campaigns once before and utilized a meta-magic combo that was just... well... devastating. I'm looking at it right now under Pathfinder rules and it's even more beastly now. Lets assume for a minute that you're a 6th Level Wizard

Spell (3rd Level): Fireball
    1d6 Damage / Caster Level (maximum of 10d6)

Enhance Spell: Fireball
    Enhances the variable damage range of a spell by half (rounded down).
    At 6th level that means a 6d6 Fireball becomes a 9d6 Fireball

Maximize Spell: Fireball
    Maximizes the variable damage range of a spell.
    At 6th Level that means a 6d6 Fireball becomes a 10d6 Fireball.

BUT!!!! An empowered, maximized spell gains the separate benefits of each feat: the maximum result plus half the normally rolled result.
    So at 6th Level that means a 6d6 Fireball becomes a 13d6 Fireball. Maxed out at Level 10, that becomes a 15d6 Fireball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X