X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewind
    replied
    Re: Important Notices

Yyg can we get a definite ruling on the Skill Points thing so we can have everything sorted by next session?

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
    I thought you could put points into any skill when you leveled up and that something being a class skill just meant you got the extra 3 points of effectiveness for having any ranks in it.
    Same. This is how i interpretted it. You can put points into any skill, but with class skills you get a bonus +3. So 1 point into a class skill gives it a +4, 2 ranks would be a +5 and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Armando
    replied

I thought you could put points into any skill when you leveled up and that something being a class skill just meant you got the extra 3 points of effectiveness for having any ranks in it.
    That's what I took away from the rules as well.

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

Honestly I have no idea, I'm also not sure what Mezlo did with his skill points anyway. The pathfinder skill rules are incredibly vague and ambiguous.

Either way, Yyg is the DM and whatever he rules, I will go with.

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

blargh I lost my original post because my laptop battery is completely dead, can't hold a charge and even with the adaptor in, likes to randomly go "Nope!" and turn off.

To sum up:
    1. Skills - Pathfinder_OGC "Acquiring Skills" is very ambiguous in its wording. It is basically only two sentences.
    2. Armando and I have been going with the "You can put Skill Ranks into anything that is a class skill" interpretation. I have put ranks into Stealth with Wizard levels as one example and I can remember Armando taking ranks in Intimidate with Cleric levels.
    3. In the Short term it will be pretty significant to change my character's stuff. In the long term it won't matter too much when I get a few Arcane Trickster levels since I only have 6 ranks in 2 skills.
    4. Whatever you rule is fine, just let me know if you are going with the "You can only take ranks in the class skills of the Class you picked at level up" interpretation

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
    If I recall correctly you were okay with this but if there is a problem with this then by all means let us both know.
    I don't recall making any such house rule. If you wouldn't mind adjusting it, I'd appreciate it. Again... it won't make a hell of a lot of difference in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    I figured it would update itself when I updated my cleric level.
    I noticed the same problem when building NPCs. It seems that the moment you add an additional class to the class line, the system suddenly refuses to auto-calculate anything regarding either of the classes in question. It became clear when I originally tried to "auto-populate" the class skills after building the base stats and then even more clear when parameters like Caster Level remained conspicuously blank after the sheet should have been completed.

Also keep an eye out for your AC and BaB. When making some changes to my NPCs over the past few days I've seen certain things drop off the formula and require me to manually re-enter them. Specifically this happened a lot to my Dodge bonus to AC granted by the Dodge Feat. The +1 kept resetting to 0 and I can't figure out why. Just something to keep an eye out for.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah you have to do Caster Level manually. it is a pain but it doesn't actually detect that (and only detects class skills automatically if you are a single class)
    this part is important. Once you fill in a second class to that line, the Myth-Weavers auto populate system stops recognizing any future changes to either class... or at least most of them... unless they directly relate to Fort/Will/Reflex or other largely universal stats.

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

Nah you have to do Caster Level manually. it is a pain but it doesn't actually detect that (and only detects class skills automatically if you are a single class)

Leave a comment:

• Armando
    replied

If I recall correctly you were okay with this but if there is a problem with this then by all means let us both know.
    The only house rules I remember concerning skills were about which skills you could take 10/20 with.

I'll fix my sheet soon. I forgot about the caster level field. I figured it would update itself when I updated my cleric level.

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

I made the change. My Charisma is now 12.

As for the Skill Points, both Armando and I have been going by the Rules As Written and been assigning skill points to all class skills made available by the Class combinations we have (for example taking points in Stealth with a Wizard level). If I recall correctly you were okay with this but if there is a problem with this then by all means let us both know.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Elves have -2 to CON
    Adjusted

If the math doesn't work out then I typoed somewhere in those calculations, meh take it off my CHA. I really can't afford to lose out on even MORE Hit Points and I have enough points in the "Face" skills to make the hit less noticeable..
    Make it so. It shouldn't make a ton of difference anyway. So you're slightly less handsome... meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually Yyg you Typoed, my WIS is 10 not 12...
    I inverted your WIS and CON scores. Once fixed, the problem still exists.

- - - Updated - - -

1. There is no dex bonus to ranged damage, it only applies to the attack roll in vanilla rules.

2. It is a Composite Longbow, which allows him to add his strength modifier, which is 3.

I seem to recall you ruling that worn equipment didn't count against our total weight carried. Did that change or was I simply mistaken?
    This is why I like you. Touche' on both counts. I neglected to notice the bow was Composite and I had forgotten that I had ruled as such in regards to worn armor and equipment.

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Jarre
    Your rolls for Ranged Attack and Damage for your bow appear to be wrong. You formula reads as 1d20+7 when (unless you're calculating in something I'm not seeing) it should be +8. Likewise, your damage formula for the bow is 1d8+3 when it should be +2 (dex modifier to ranged damage) unless I'm not seeing something.
    1. There is no dex bonus to ranged damage, it only applies to the attack roll in vanilla rules.

2. It is a Composite Longbow, which allows him to add his strength modifier, which is 3.

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Recording your armor and weapons in your "possessions" list helps to populate the full burden of your character for easier math. I suggest everyone take a minute to do the same. Although Jarre is the worst offender, others among you are also walking the line.
    I seem to recall you ruling that worn equipment didn't count against our total weight carried. Did that change or was I simply mistaken?

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

Actually Yyg you Typoed, my WIS is 10 not 12...

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

That's automatically generated, I definitely have not been filling that in manually. After some fiddling it looks like it is adding my Dodge bonus.

According to the entry I found here:Combat - Pathfinder_OGC
    it looks like that's normal.
    After further review, that checks out. The same thing is happening to Armando anyway, I just assumed his was some kind of magical Jesus thing.

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

Elves have -2 to CON. If the math doesn't work out then I typoed somewhere in those calculations, meh take it off my CHA. I really can't afford to lose out on even MORE Hit Points and I have enough points in the "Face" skills to make the hit less noticable..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X