X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Important Notices

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Saturday just got really complicated.

My mother just called me and informed me that the family is celebrating my younger sister's birthday on Saturday night from 4:00pm until whenever.

In addition, I was reminded of a promise I made to a co-worker several months ago. A promise to help him move (because he finally closed on a house that's only a block away from mine). As it turns out, he's moving on Saturday and needs my help from 11:00am until who knows when.

So it's highly likely that I'll be occupied all day. I'm trying to work something out where I'll be free at night but even then I don't think it would end up working for you guys. Mezlo maybe... but the Brits... not so much.

Rest assured I'm trying to work with my parents to push my sister's dinner until Sunday (that sounds a lot worse than it is). My parents are the worst kinds of procrastinators. Case in point... they sprung this party on me an hour ago. Chances are they chose Saturday for no specific reason... and Sunday is likely just as good an option.

We'll see. I'll post later when I know for certain. Sorry for this guys. I'm not trying to delay this. I'm so excited for D&D that it takes all my effort not to start vomiting spoilers to you all.

- Yyg

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

If its any concelation I have no plans as of yet for Sunday.

Comment

I appreciate it but I don't think that'll help much. We have plans to see Wendy's sister for her birthday on Sunday. She doesn't live nearly as far away as the past 2 weekends worth of driving I've done... but she's still up in NH. It's about an hour drive and I'm pretty sure we're going to end up staying for a late lunch early dinner that wouldn't land me back at the house until 5 or 6pm EST.

Did I mention I love driving all over creation to visit family? I don't think I did. Because I don't.

Comment

Let's just kick it to next Saturday then.
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok
          CoP: Done
          ZM: Done
          ToA: Done
          Assault rank: Captain
          Campaign Medal: Medals
          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
            Let's just kick it to next Saturday then.
            My friend is in town next Saturday, so I wouldn't be able to make it.

I'm also busy the 27th because work is starting to follow me home, the jerk.
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

It makes me furious that my family waits until last minute to spring something like this on us. They do it all the time.

I can't hold it against my sister though, so I have to make sure I go. After all I tried to teach both my younger siblings to love video games... and my brother (shocker) has no interest. He'd rather *shudder* go outside and play sports. My sister on the other hand... loves RPGs... and at only 17, has already finished every Final Fantasy I own apart from the online ones. She's moved on to the Star Ocean, Lunar and Grandia series now. How can I say no to her? She's the only family I have who understands the same games as me!

Comment

Your sister sounds like a pretty cool person. I don't blame you.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  Your sister sounds like a pretty cool person. I don't blame you.
                  I coached her well. First I got her hooked playing simple games that were a little more cartoony and colorful and most importantly... played in real time. Games like Radiata Stories and Eternal Sonata suited that purpose.

Once baited in, I started having her try her hand at turn based strategy RPGs like Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle, Disgaea and FF Tactics.

As I hoped, she liked Tactics the most. For what? FOR THE STORY. God I love my sister.

When she started asking me things like "How do I get Beowulf?" and "Who is Cloud?" I knew it was time. I coached her only a little bit... but she managed to finish all of Tactics herself... at 14. When she was done, I gave her FF7, then VI, then IV, then II and I. When she beat those, I gave her VIII, IX, X (which she loved), X-2 (which she hated, ha!) and then XII. She hasn't played XIII yet because I still have it. In the meantime, she's ALMOST to the THAT POINT in Star Ocean: TTEOT. If you've played it... you know what point I'm talking about. I think she knows somethings up too... because when she told me where she was in the story... I told her to stop playing until I could come over and sit with her while she played.

She's slowly tearing through my collection. Thankfully for her, I own over 300 RPG titles across all systems. It'll take half her life to get through them all. Thankfully, she'll always have me to talk to about them. I didn't have anyone... at least not until the internet really took off and people started making forums.

Comment

That sounds like a good plan you followed, but I would never inflict Final Fantasy I and II on someone. Also I have not played any Star Ocean unfortunately so I don't know what you're talking about

Comment

Other than Wednesday next week (due to site meeting thursday morning) I can do a weekday night if we can organise it between us.

Comment

It's tempting to spend Saturday playing Pokemon Black/White 2 with my sister then...

Sunday Evening BST is bad for me because I'm helping out with an RP Event with my Guild of SWTOR.

Wednesday nights are raid nights for me on SWTOR but there's other healers in the guild who can replace me and we are just doing Story Mode progression stuff so it's not a massive deal if I miss it since we're just running that to get everyone used to the boss mechanics.
                        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

So apparently I'm going to a wedding in 2 hours...I basically had this conversation with my father while in town.

Him: Oh yeah we're going to a wedding tonight.
                          Me: Wait tonight?
                          Him: Yeah sorry I didn't tell you. I know you like playing Dungeons and Dragons with your friends on Saturdays but I can tell them you can't go.
                          Me: It's okay we're not playing this week as well. Whose wedding is it?
                          Him: Jimmy the Fish.
                          Me: Ah cool. Yeah I'll go.
                          Him: Yeah he's having his honeymoon in Tunisia, he's getting picked up at half past 2.
                          Me: Is that two thirty AM or two thirty tomorrow afternoon and everyone is waking him at two?
                          Him: Knowing Jim...
                          Me: It's anyone's guess?
                          Him: Yeah.
                          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Surprise weddings for everyone!
                            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                            Name: Drjones
                            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Wish we were playing tonight, person I was going to counsel has pulled out and am bored, and lonely.

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                                Him: Jimmy the Fish.
                                There's no fucking way you are throwing this out there and then just pretending like this is a normal person's name. Please explain.
                                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                                RANK 10 Bastok
                                CoP: Done
                                ZM: Done
                                ToA: Done
                                Assault rank: Captain
                                Campaign Medal: Medals
                                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X