General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D&D

I liked the google doc I'd been using. But I prefer to be consistenr with you guys.

Comment

Same.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I don't mind what we use. I was just using Myth Weavers due to the auto fill features and that it's easy for Ygg to print off them as a sheet.

I'm fine with using either really.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I dunno, the print preview on those pages looks pretty wonky to me. I do like the auto-fill feature though. I'm probably gonna stick with the 3.5 sheets for my own hard copies and use Myth Weaver for the online copy.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Passing my time until the game thusly:

Comment

Alright. I have a mission for all of you. In preparation for the actual starting day, I need everyone to download OpenRPG. Simply go to OpenRPG.com and click the link on the right hand side to access the downloader. Install it, play with it and try and familiarize yourself with the mechanics. It's relatively simple to use and self explanatory... but it comes preloaded with tutorials, readmes and links to the webpage's information archives.

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out why I am incapable of making a dedicated server that works. I've followed all the instructions and so has TM... but we both keep receiving a 404 Error about halfway through the patching and updating process.

If anyone can figure out how to get it to work and explain what it is I'm doing wrong... awesome (looking at you, Cid).

Let me know if you're undertaking this mission and if you think you can figure it out.

Either way... everyone should at least download and install the program and become familiarized with it.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Why are you looking at me like that?

/panic

Comment

I'll figure it out between solving the maze and curing AIDS.

EDIT: After I get home that is.

Comment

If it's any consolation I can't even get it to open. Command line crashes every time.
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I'm working on it with a friend of mine at the moment. We'll hopefully have it sorted out with a designated server built by the end of the night.

If all else fails, I've already shot off a brief email to the DEV team for the program to see if they know the reason why it's not working.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                      If it's any consolation I can't even get it to open. Command line crashes every time.
                      You can't get OpenRPG to open? Or the Designated Server Creation Function?

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                        That is like the opposite of consolation.

Comment

I certainly would hope so based on the name, but does OpenRPG have a Linux version?

Comment

If you've downloaded it and installed it correctly, you should at least be able to open the program.

When you double click the icon it puts on your desktop as a shortcut... it should take you to 2 screens. One is a DOS screen that you can just pretty much ignore and the other is the updater screen. It should realistically start updating all on its own, but there are 2 check boxes where you can ask it to auto-update.

Alternatively (and I wouldn't suggest it) you can click "skip updates" in the lower right and that should prompt OpenRPG's UI to kick on.

The 404 Error that TM and I are getting is when that updater screen appears and tries to update things. About halfway through, it gives and HTML 404 Error and stops all updates. The only way to continue is to "skip".

Although, when it 404's, something seems to go wrong where I can't enter any of the servers that are currently running and the program shuts itself down.

When I try and create a designated Server, I'm following the instructions laid out on the website's "how to" section. From what they say there and in the Read Me file, it should be as simple as this:

Start Menu > OpenRPG folder > Server

That opens the DOS window like it should and starts all the updates like it should... but somewhere around 15 seconds in... it suddenly closes the window and stops everything.

According to the Youtube video put out by the DEVs, at the end of that update barrage, it should prompt you for a Server name and ask you if you want to make your server part of the MetaServer list. Since the window closes... of course I'm not getting that prompt.

Nothing on the site denotes that I would need to open a port on my PC to allow the designated server... nor does anything in the ReadMe or instructions tell me which port it would require.

At this point... I'm just fucking with things until it works.

Any else have any ideas?

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

It does have a Linux option. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                              At this point... I'm just fucking with things until it works.
                              Ah, the time honored tradition of troubleshooting...

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                                I'm working on it with a friend of mine at the moment. We'll hopefully have it sorted out with a designated server built by the end of the night.

If all else fails, I've already shot off a brief email to the DEV team for the program to see if they know the reason why it's not working.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

You can't get OpenRPG to open? Or the Designated Server Creation Function?
                                OpenRPG. It installs but does not open. A command Line prompt appears and then closes and nothing else happens.

If I open it mansually then same thing happens except the command line crashes and closes when I try to execute OpenRPG.
                                Reiko Takahashi
                                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                                X