Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D&D

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    You have to be careful with neutral. Especially with True Neutral.

A True neutral character isn't motivated by anything. I mean NOTHING. They're in it for themselves but will neither break nor follow the law deliberately. They do things for only 1 reason.

Say for instance... you take an action like.... uhhh.... killing a small helpless child.

A Chaotic Neutral PC would do it because it served some means to an end. Whether that end is selfish or not would be irrelevant.

A Neutral Good PC would kill the child only in a circumstance where their morality was conflicted. For example... killing the child would save his own family from being killed.

A Neutral Evil Character would kill the child without hesitation... but would need a reason. Pride... Ego... as an example of power. Either way... the decision would be made for a selfish reason.

A Lawful Neutral PC would stand against it because it's wrong. They either fear the repercussions of their actions or simply simply don't consider the outcome worth the risk.

A True Neutral PC is a wildcard. Their decisions are based 100% on a selfish standpoint. They could care less if an action is evil, good, lawful, chaotic. They typically have 1 goal in mind and it's a personal internal resolve. If killing the child would benefit their ultimate goal, they would. If it wouldn't they wont.
    That actually describes my character fairly well. His main concern is pretty much looking after his own hide. He's not inherently malicious, but he's done some nasty things in his day because it was a way to survive and he doesn't really regret it but he doesn't revel in it either.

It really sounds like you're making True Neutral out to be worse than Neutral Evil, which I find mildly confusing.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Well, a True Neutral person can just as easily do benevolent and helpful acts as much as bad ones. If it's of benefit, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
        Also I plan to develop my character via RP and take class choices and talent choices that make in character sense. Basically I have no build progression typed up, just going to wing it since it tends to turn out fun characters. I once ended up with a Cleric/Sorceress/Paladin in one campaign. Underpowered yes but a lot of fun.

cid: I prefer to flesh out a character first THEN go for an alignment that bets fits it. The three neutral alignments are always a safe bet though if you aren't sure where you fit on the Law/Chaos side. Too many people base characters purely on alignment which is not a good way to do it.
        GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Comment

Yeah, a heavy crossbow firing mage halfling that will probably turn into a dragon at the end. >:O So what page are we using the google doc page for stats or the one firewind was using?
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok
          CoP: Done
          ZM: Done
          ToA: Done
          Assault rank: Captain
          Campaign Medal: Medals
          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            Yeah, but I generally come up with who they are THEN decide which alignment that idea fits into, rather than the other way around.
            Your mom told me she prefers it the other way around.

Comment

I respectfully disagree.

Also: I don't care if you guys are both Rogues. The idea of having 2 in the same party is actually an intriguing mechanic. I'm encouraging everyone to pick the class they want to play and the alignment that best suits their RPing personality.
              Well like I pointed out, the pathfinder system allows for a ridiculous amount of customisation due to the number of feats and talents and how multiclassing has no XP penalties so you can do it freely. Chances are, cid and I will have two very different Rogues both in terms of mechanics and in terms of roleplaying.
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Was Yyg disagreeing with that point?

Comment

Like other spellcasters, a sorcerer can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Sorcerer. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.

How many additional spells per CHA score?
                  75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                  RANK 10 Bastok
                  CoP: Done
                  ZM: Done
                  ToA: Done
                  Assault rank: Captain
                  Campaign Medal: Medals
                  Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                  This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Ability Scores - Pathfinder_OGC

Comment

Hammering out the new Pathfinder character sheet. Can someone look this over and make sure I've not botched it?

Vince :: (Read-Only) - Myth-Weavers

Comment

Someone do me a favor. I have a buddy working on building a dedicated server.

Someone log on and browse servers and try and join Lyulf0's Place.

Let me know if you can connect.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Someone do me a favor. I have a buddy working on building a dedicated server.

Someone log on and browse servers and try and join Lyulf0's Place.

Let me know if you can connect.
                          Connected.
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Score. Worked the bugs out. I'll have my own up and running by tomorrow afternoon now. We figured out the problem.

Thanks Tm

Comment

So what was the problem?

Comment

My good friend Adam has been gracious enough to solve the problems that TM and I were experiencing with OPENrpg and Traipse this morning. I just got his email containing stupid-proof instructions to replicate his steps.

Once I double check his directions and see that they work as expected, I'll pass them along to you guys here.

Comment

Working...
                                X