Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 is hacked? pirates are downloading free games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 is hacked? pirates are downloading free games?

sending request
    Invite a friend to comment

Most people don't realize the gravity of this. To better illustrate what it means to be able to sign and run your own code on any PS3 under the sun, without any modification of any kind, take this concept.

You can virtually "mod" your PS3 via the built-in browser.

A hacker develops a small ISO Loader of sorts which is illegitimately signed and the PS3 will treat it as authentic code, and run it. This ISO loader can be like a theme file or something. You can download it via the browser and your PS3 will install/run it. The code inside will create an icon under the "GAME" category which is called "ISO Loader". You then run that ISO Loader, connect your external storage medium (like a Terrabyte hard disk) with the pirated game ISOs on it, and the software will let you play whichever game you have there.

Pirating PS3 games could be as simple as using the Internet Browser to download that file from now on.

This is freakin' HUGE.
    Oh mew, maybe they are misinformed. I think that hack key encoder thingy really won't affect much. Maybe that will cause people to use the browser to download free PS3 games, but think Sony will react by using firmware update to remove the browser feature (resulting in no internet, oh that would be terrible, mew. The browser is a nice comfy way to look up websites when not using pc.)

but ya who knows what this means?

Re: PS3 is hacked? pirates are downloading free games?

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    esulting in no internet, oh that would be terrible, mew. The browser is a nice comfy way to look up websites when not using pc
    You can't use the browser anyways while playing a game. And the only thing I would use the browser while being on my PS3 where to look up a guide on how to get out of a situation in a game, or to find out how something works if there explanation in game or the guide doesn't work. I can live without the browser. Also... The browser on the PS3 is slow as hell lol

Comment

If they take away the browser people will just find another way to get the code into the PS3.

Comment

the browser is fast! Loads youtube videos faster too!

Comment

Working...
        X