Xbox 360 slim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xbox 360 slim

But no one is defending the lousy design. They are merely confused by people completely aware of said bad design and not making allowances for it or just not buying the equipment to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      YouTube- Xbox 360 "Slim"- Disc Scratch (E3 2010)

Preventable? Sure.

Was the dude giving the poor xBox slim a flying drop kick? Um... No. That was definitely not any sort of harsh treatment.

Any one remember portable CD players? You can shake those things up-and-down, and depending on the amount of buffer memory they have, the music may not even skip. The discs definitely didn't get scratched up over that.

Faulting Microsoft for not incorporating useful design features well repented in consumer electronics (for two decades? Longer?) is pretty much all I'm doing here.

Consumer products should be able withstand an occasional stupidity or two. I don't feel the least bit bad making fun of the people who engineered them or the dumb users who defend the lousy designs.
      Ok that guy is a total idiot. I( also believe that looked staged as well.) I can not believe any mature person would think that guy did no wrong. And why did he do it? The purpose was?? They even point out the warning clearly posted on the front of the damn machine. Seriously, you think that you should be able to man handle your game system while it has a disc spinning in it!? Seriously? If you do I feel sorry for you.

Psst...guess what? A console game system is not portable so comparing it to a portable CD player proves exactly what? A portable CD player was meant to be moved around while in use so if it scratched discs then you'd have a right to be pissed.. This console game system IS NOT MEANT TO BE MOVED WHEN IN USE...hence the warning right on the front of the machine.

Yes people will make the occasional mistake and there will be consequences...but if you are warned (hence the sticker) and it happens then who's fault is it? Yours, own it and stop the whining. Lesson learned, you won't do that again, time to move on.

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
      But no one is defending the lousy design. They are merely confused by people completely aware of said bad design and not making allowances for it or just not buying the equipment to begin with.
      This. It's their choice to save money and not put extra stuff in it. I imagine they are thinking "No ones going to move it while they are playing a game so do we really need this?" If people are so outraged by this defect then they vote where it hurts MS, don't buy it. But it's too late now, the system is doing very well so I guess people don't really mind not moving their console around while playing a game.
      Last edited by TheGrandMom; 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
        Psst...guess what? A console game system is not portable so comparing it to a portable CD player proves exactly what? A portable CD player was meant to be moved around while in use so if it scratched discs then you'd have a right to be pissed.. This console game system IS NOT MEANT TO BE MOVED WHEN IN USE...hence the warning right on the front of the machine.
        It's a sad world we live in. Whatever happened to natural selection...
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

oh please, the guy in the video did not "man handle" the 360, I can (but of course dont) handle my PS2, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, hell even my PS1 like that when a disk is in it, and that will never happen.

but just breath on the damn 360 with a disk in it, and your screwed.

I love all my systems, but I will not deny it when a company does something stupid.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
            oh please, the guy in the video did not "man handle" the 360, I can (but of course dont) handle my PS2, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, hell even my PS1 like that when a disk is in it, and that will never happen.

but just breath on the damn 360 with a disk in it, and your screwed.

I love all my systems, but I will not deny it when a company does something stupid.
            But NO ONE is denying that it's stupid. They are just saying "HEY WE ARE AWARE OF THIS AND MANAGE, WHY CAN'T EVERYONE ELSE?" The other option is don't buy a damn 360.

And though your hyperbole is delightful, breathing on your 360 will not screw you. Though maybe if you breathe on it the right way and loosen it up with a few drinks beforehand...

Comment

Or, you know, you could not be completely retarded and just handle it with the respect any piece of technology deserves.
              sigpic

Comment

How Does The New Xbox 360 Perform Compared To The Old One?

"In broad terms, the new Xbox 360 "S" model is the same as the previous console; it plays the same games, does the same stuff. But under the hood, there have been changes, and mostly for the better.

AnandTech have put the new Xbox to the test, comparing it to three previous iterations of the 360 to see how it stacked up in terms of power consumption and noise. You can see the results below. In short, it uses a lot less power, and is a bit quieter as well ("noticeably" quieter, according to AnandTech), spinning game discs at 51 dB(A) instead of 54 dB(A).
                "

Attached Files
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  Well, just so happens last Friday I had my Wii running Monster hunter and I had laid my USB keyboard to the side on the floor and got up to go get a drink out of the fridge. Foot got caught on the wire and brought the Wii down on the floor. Amazingly it landed on the floor in its cradle and still upright. The game just kept on running.
                  I trip on my 360 cords all the time (Size 15 shoe, so yeah I'm clumsy ), but because they're in the front of the machine the 360 has never fallen. Majority of the time the cords come out and the 360 doesn't even move. If it was in the back of the system like the wii then yeah it would fall over alot.

Since people seem to be worried about getting the disc scratched from a falling machine, why not just copy them to the 250GB hard drive? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't they stop spinning if you run it from the Hard Drive?

WTF!? Do you think people are going to jump up and down on it??
                  That's what I was wondering.
                  Last edited by Durahansolo; 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                    Majority of the time the cords come out
                    Wait, did MS not continue the break-away cords from the original Xbox?

/barelytouches360s

//hadfivegamesonXboxandonlylikedone

///Shenmue2

////Fuckingworthit

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                      Wait, did MS not continue the break-away cords from the original Xbox?
                      Nope they didn't bring back the break-away cords, but the USB cords for the 360 don't really snap in snugly tight. I actually sorta liked the idea of the break-away cords on the original Xbox, and I'm pretty sure I tripped over those as well.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

You know they're bringing DC titles to XBLA right? Wouldn't be surprised to see Shenmue 1 and 2 show up, but so far I only know of Sonic Adventure as confirmed.
                        sigpic

Comment

If you have kids and/or pets, your electronics should not be accessible to either. If they are so out in the open that kids or pets can knock them around then that's YOUR fault. I have both, pets and grandsons and I've never ever had this issue.
                          My friends daughter put a PB&J sandwich inside his vcr when she was like 1 1/2. So sad, but so funny.
                          "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                            My friends daughter put a PB&J sandwich inside his vcr when she was like 1 1/2. So sad, but so funny.
                            Must not've been Peanut Butter Jelly Time.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              You know they're bringing DC titles to XBLA right? Wouldn't be surprised to see Shenmue 1 and 2 show up
                              So you're suggesting I buy a 360 so I can download two games I already own for two consoles I already own, even though I haven't played (or very much wanted to play) either of them in years?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                                But NO ONE is denying that it's stupid. They are just saying "HEY WE ARE AWARE OF THIS AND MANAGE, WHY CAN'T EVERYONE ELSE?" The other option is don't buy a damn 360.
                                It's more of the fact that people are pointing out an actual system fault, which other systems really don't have (I've seen PS2s and 3s accidentally knocked off their cabinets and the discs and systems still worked fine) and wondering why a simple problem was never actually fixed. Perhaps it's just frustration of people who watched MS put out a product with obvious defaults and really not do anything to fix them.

Speaking of which:

Gamasutra - News - Microsoft: No More 'Red Ring Of Death' With Xbox 360 S

They've officially fixed it so you will never, ever get the RRoD again.

Instead, you just get a Red Dot of Death.
                                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                                X