Xbox 360 slim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 slim

I have the regular Xbox 360 - 60 gb hard-drive, I use an HDMI cable to my 32" LCD Vizio.

My question is simply: Will the new Xbox 360 allow for greater screen resolution? And/or better graphics? Faster loading speeds? Or will it ideally be the same?

Also, will SE consider FFXIV for the 360? 'cause right now I'm debating the new 360, or the PS3; and the only deterrent is XIV D:
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: Xbox 360 slim

SE has been in talks with MS about putting FFXIV on the 360 and they haven't yet come to terms they both can agree on. I would say that they won't put it on 360 until 6+ months after launch. But thats just speculation and if you really want to play the game you'll have to wait until there is an official announcement. FYI, they just might have a bundle at launch so you might want to wait till then.

As for your 360 slim questions, you'd have to do some research on the information just released at E3. I don't know if they announced specific specs but I highly doubt that it will be leaps and bounds better than the original. The biggest draw to me is having WiFi included and HD size.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
      I have the regular Xbox 360 - 60 gb hard-drive, I use an HDMI cable to my 32" LCD Vizio.

My question is simply: Will the new Xbox 360 allow for greater screen resolution? And/or better graphics? Faster loading speeds? Or will it ideally be the same?

Also, will SE consider FFXIV for the 360? 'cause right now I'm debating the new 360, or the PS3; and the only deterrent is XIV D:

the 360 Slim is the same thing as the current Xbox, with the exception that it is now using the Valhalla board.

With this new board, the CPU and GPU are merged. Other then that there is no difference, still maxes out at 1080p and nothing new.

On another note, there is suppose to be a new dashboard coming out.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
        the 360 Slim is the same thing as the current Xbox, with the exception that it is now using the Valhalla board.
        Look it up again. There's a lot of changes.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

it still murders discs tho, lawl
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            Look it up again. There's a lot of changes.
            not really, other then using the new board, and the changes I mentioned, along with a different look, its the same damn thing.

oh well I did forget to mention that is has 5 USB ports now and the extra port for Kenect, but thats not really performance related, so I was not really worried about it.

....oh yeah and the switch from two small fans to one big one.

Comment

Ummm...anyone that moves their game system while a disc is in it spinning deserves to get a wrecked disc. All manner of CD players and DVD players also had this issue but I didn't hear a whole lot of stupid ass whining about it. Probably because any mature sane adult knows YOU DON'T MOVE YOUR EQUIPMENT WITH A DISC IN IT THATS SPINNING. Seriously, what is this world coming to....
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post

With this new board, the CPU and GPU are merged. Other then that there is no difference, still maxes out at 1080p and nothing new.

On another note, there is suppose to be a new dashboard coming out.

Touch-sensitive tray like the PS3

Black Gloss & Chrome Finish like the original PS3

Much smaller power source

Built-in Wi-Fi

2 additional USB ports totaling 3

Kinect Ready (doesn't require additional power source unlike current 360 models)

Smaller, internal Hard Drive (also has a nice black gloss to it)

So no, you obviously didn't see Geoff Keighley's unboxing video.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  Ummm...anyone that moves their game system while a disc is in it spinning deserves to get a wrecked disc. All manner of CD players and DVD players also had this issue but I didn't hear a whole lot of stupid ass whining about it. Probably because any mature sane adult knows YOU DON'T MOVE YOUR EQUIPMENT WITH A DISC IN IT THATS SPINNING. Seriously, what is this world coming to....
                  Seriously. At no point while playing a game am I required to pick up my console and juggle it around. Or move or touch it in any way, actually. As a result, my disks are still JUST FINE.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    Seriously. At no point while playing a game am I required to pick up my console and juggle it around. Or move or touch it in any way, actually. As a result, my disks are still JUST FINE.
                    Defending poor design is really sad. Its 2010, everything - PS3 and Wii included - has shock protection built-in and the majority of devices have abandoned disc trays, from the high-end Blu-Ray players to the cheapest DVD players on the market.

And some Kinect games are asking people to physically jump around as they play. I'm not going to bother to point out what kind of potential issues that could create, you should be smart enough to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      Touch-sensitive tray like the PS3

Black Gloss & Chrome Finish like the original PS3

Much smaller power source

Built-in Wi-Fi

2 additional USB ports totaling 3

Kinect Ready (doesn't require additional power source unlike current 360 models)

Smaller, internal Hard Drive (also has a nice black gloss to it)

So no, you obviously didn't see Geoff Keighley's unboxing video.

none of that has anything to do with RRing and disk scratching, which was my main complaint to the new "upgrade"

I have seen that video and honestly the built in HDD is still the proprietary BS, so who cares? and Wifi? sorry but need to plug that into a wire, its better that way.

The new 360 may look new and shiny, but it still is the same system it is now.

Some people are acting like this new 360 is going to solve a lot of problems, and its not.

Comment

Even if you dont need to move the console, let's stay your kids bump into it or your dog rams it or, shit, leave it on your kid's hands and who knows what might happen.

I know people aren't going to pick it up on purpose and juggle it around... but alas, someone did and it happened, can happen to anyone.

Just because something has a low probability of happening doesnt mean it shouldnt be taken into consideration.
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          Defending poor design is really sad. Its 2010, everything - PS3 and Wii included - has shock protection built-in and the majority of devices have abandoned disc trays, from the high-end Blu-Ray players to the cheapest DVD players on the market.

And some Kinect games are asking people to physically jump around as they play. I'm not going to bother to point out what kind of potential issues that could create, you should be smart enough to figure it out.
                          I'm not defending poor design. I'm taking issue with bitching about damaged disks when it's something that you know is a possibility. Sure, I feel bad for people who have this problem, and yeah, MS should take that into account in console design, but it's not as though it's an unavoidable problem or one that can't be mitigated by using some common sense. I'm not going to bother to point out those potential solutions as you should be smart enough to figure it out.

Originally posted by Balfree
                          Even if you dont need to move the console, let's stay your kids bump into it or your dog rams it or, shit, leave it on your kid's hands and who knows what might happen.

I know people aren't going to pick it up on purpose and juggle it around... but alas, someone did and it happened, can happen to anyone.

Just because something has a low probability of happening doesnt mean it shouldnt be taken into consideration.
                          So, put it somewhere where your kids and/or dog aren't going to bump into it. Or don't give it to your kids to use if they can't be responsible enough to not break shit.

Comment

Defending poor design is really sad.
                            Defending idiots is really sad.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

WTF!? Do you think people are going to jump up and down on it??

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                              Defending idiots is really sad.
                              Vibrations from someone walking close to a 360 when a disk is running can cause the circle scratch, how is that someone being an idiot......

and like it was said, some Kenect games have you jumping, how is that going to go with this problem? not to well ;p

my system is on a shelf laying on its side, so I myself dont even have problems, but others do.

The only reason I wanted the new 360, was for the extra USB, motherboard, and HDD, but now that i found out that the HDD still has to be an overpriced MS one, I have no desire (unless my breaks on me) to get one of these new systems.

Comment

Working...
                              X