• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Story trailers!

scenes

system

trailer

Hmm I dunno. the art direction reminds me of White Knight Chronicles, but the only thing that stood out in the cutscenes was kicking a door open. The battle systems looks very interesting though, very interactive things. Much better battle system than FFXIII for sure. I also like how they confirmed that equippable stuff are viewable on character and you can main anyone as the leader (like FFXII.)

well this person went to the conference

(feel asleep trying to listen)

but ya I think it might be a Japanese exclusive maybe. It's hard to gauge how good the actual story will be, but it feels like Sakaguchi could have recruited better writers and a more gripping plot and art director because it just feels I dunno, not really generic but kind of mute in its atmosphere. But ya there is still much to learn about it, so far there's hardly much about this last story that would make it a really memorable story. Maybe the characters are more interesting than they look, maybe there some really brilliant antagonist in there that rivals the best iconic villains, but I dunno, story and character design has never been one of Sakaguchi's strong points (Spirits Within), he mostly leaves that up to others in the team to take care of,
    but if those in charge don't do an over the top job, then the project as a whole will barely stay afloat, no matter who's name is on the project.

Comment

Re: The Last Story trailers!

Please learn to use the search function, we have topics for this already.

Also, Sakaguichi has expressed interest in bringing it to the US multiple times. If you think Nintendo is sleeping on the opportunity to publish this all over the world, you're a fool. There's already a big push from Nintendo to move a lot of JRPGs to the US on DS and Wii, straight from the desk of Iwata himself.

Also, how fucking dare you say Story and Character aren't Sakaguchi's strong points. You're talking about the guy that made Yoshinori Kitase's hackjob writing into masterpieces. Sakaguchi guided the direction of every major character concept and assisted with story element right up to FFXI and it really shows with memorable characters like Shantotto, Aldo, Auron, Lulu, Zidane, Vivi, Squall and Seifer, etc.

The role of a director and sometimes even producer is to help advice those creative types beneath you. Sakaguchi gets involved with this people, Kitase doesn't. Seems Nomura learned a bit more from Sakaguchi, given his suceess with craft stories (Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With You).

Now, go cry in the corner that this is a Wii game and will always only be a Wii game. Nintendo people are working on it with Mistwalker, so yeah, never going to see it on PS3 or 360. Actually, I'm thankful for that, because it means for once this generation, we get a nice, big RPG on a console instead of tiny little HD ones that perpetually recycle content.

Comment

Re: The Last Story trailers!

I actually liked the battle system.

Too bad is Wii onry.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Re: Mistwalker announces "The Last Story" for Wii

Threads merged.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The famitsu scores are in and The Last Story debuted at #1 on the sales chart for its first week of release.

Here's the score:

Last Story (Wii, Nintendo): 10, 10, 9, 9 - (38/40)

Now all we need is Western release confirmation.

Mistwalker keeps tweeting in English for interested parties to "stay tuned."

They want a US release, that much is certain, I think they're just obligated to play quiet for now.

Comment

this game is a serious want.

srsly
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                Now all we need is Western release confirmation.
                We don't need it, it's pretty obvious.

Also if they don't, there will be piracy and probably a fan translation patch.

Comment

Well, yeah, I just hate NOA saying there are "no plans" for it when there so totally are plans for this.

They're just doing everything to keep 3DS in the spotlight right now while they work out Summer/Fall for the Wii. Wouldn't kill them to give a date for Zelda: Skyward Sword, though.

Comment

O...m...g.... I NEED THIS GAME.

My frothing demand for this game increases.
                    Hume M - War lv.10 - Bastok

Comment

NOE claims the game is "too complicated" for them to localize, given they have so many languages to deal with in Europe.

To be fair, voice localization isn't totally Nintendo's thing anyway. Metroid: Other M was their biggest foray into doing that on their own. Kojima just used his connections to do MGS: The Twin Snakes' recording.

I still see a solution. Get Atlus USA to localize it like they did Demon's Souls.

Much like The Last Story is a Nintendo/Mistwalker collaboration, Demon's souls was a SCEJ/From Software mash-up. In Demon's Souls' case, SCEA didn't want to localize publish it themselves because it was too niche and "too hard" for PS3 games.

Which is why Demon's souls went on to sell 500k and make a nice little profit for Atlus USA.

So just get Atlus to do the text and dubs, hell, you don't even have to do the dubs. I need this game, yo.

Personally, I still think all this is just a staged drama by Nintendo and the game is still happening.

Comment

Yeah, subtitles would be both better and cheaper.

I don't see why they are using such an excuse.

Unless English speaking countries' aversion towards subs is that strong, that is.
                        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Well, like I said, even with text, NOE localizes more languages than NOA does.

NOA just as to worry about English. And French on the box for Quebec, because they made a stupid law about that in Canada. Quebec wants the back of all games to be cluttered and ugly and cut down countless poor trees so there's French in each instruction manual. And if Nintendo of America had to ugly it up for the French, they figured to go with Spanish as well.

(at least Sony and MS just publish those boxarts and manuals speficially for Canada)

Oh look, I made a criticism of Nintendo - and people thought I didn't have it in me.

Europe? All sorts of languages to deal with, everyone needing it to be suited to taste. i sort of understand, but then, I met a lot of Germans and French people that knew English.

I mean, really, the romance languages aren't really a stretch once you have dabbled in a second one. I may not be fluent in speaking, but reading and figuring it out isn't a leap for me, so i'd think the reverse would be true for others.

Its just when you have a whole different alphabet that I get lost, really. I'm good until you stop using Roman characters.
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 01-20-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

subtitles is the way to go.

enough with the lame excuses, Japan.
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

No kidding.

I mean text and menu localization (options) I can understand, because not everyone speaks foreign languages, but dubbing is just a huge no. It's bad quality, it's expensive and many times it demands changing the original content to fit said subpar localization.

And that thing with Nintendo trying to cram all the languages in the same cover is kinda odd. I mean why not just print the cover with one side in English and the other in Quebecois French or something?

And last but not least Spanish localization* outside of text and menus (mostly for RPGs) and subtitles is stupid and shouldn't even be considered. If there's one thing we have here and in the rest of Latinamerica is that we are very used to reading subtitles due to TV and movies from the US and Europe. So any dubbing or changes in content to fit localization are just unnecessary and a waste of resources. Same with covers, let them in English, no one will complain about it or even notice.

*In the American continent, since Spanish in Europe seem to be very stubborn about it.
                              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

In the American continent, since Spanish in Europe seem to be very stubborn about it.
                                Its because you guys have American cooties all over you, even if you've never been there, you were closer to it than Spain was. Someone in Spain being in Latin American is probably like sending someone from France to New Orleans. Sure, the language is similar, but everything else is different (except Latin America also loves soccer).

Food's better, too. They just gave us the building blocks, the American continents perfected it.

Comment

Working...
                                X