Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hokuto Musou! The greatest single player videogame ever???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hokuto Musou! The greatest single player videogame ever???

北斗無双

Hokuto No Ken really is the best TV show and most emotional story I love.
    Ya I'm a fan of the anime series, even though the game is directly based on the manga.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imki9F81bus"]YouTube- Hokuto Musou Intro[/ame]

Squee!

preview videos showed a boss fight with Shin, and the intro showed Jagi,
    with the Pyramid and Cassandra confirmed as some locations, Souther
    and maybe Uighur will be definitely be included too. Also the Hokuto Dojo location
    seems to hint Ryuken might be playable as well. Also the intro hinted that the
    Fang King (Kiba Daio) will be in Hokuto Musou as well since his clan members are seen in the intro. That's 11 characters so far. If the 5 Nanto Goshasei are playable in this (Hyui, Shuren, Fudo, Juuza, Rihaku) , that bumps it up to 16 characters.

And even more if memorable villains like the Colonel and Mr. Heart are added too. adding Ryuga and Shuu would be very very cool!
    Ryuga's one of the hottest. xD
    I think Yuda is a must.
    Amiba would be easy.
    Zeed seems like he is a definite.
    Koryuu deserves a spot too

Hmm if they add all those, that bumps it up to 24 characters.

I'm a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors games and I always felt Hokuto No Ken would be best played as something like a DW game but better. This game is said to have a Legend mode that tells the story, and a What If mode which is where we can use
    all of the characters we encountered in the story it seems. Maybe even a Free mode to use any character we want. Legend mode is said to play kind of like a classic beat em up, but with a free camera and classic HNK style. Though I think the What If stages will be played like the DW army battles that may have multiple objectives, people fighting everywhere, and a more non-linear approach to completing it!

Re: Hokuto Musou! The greatest single player videogame ever???

/gets out the weeaboo tranq darts.
    /shoots Jenova_9

Its Christmas morning - either sleep or go spend time with your family.

By the way, here in the states we call this "Fist of the North Star."

And no, being a Dynasty Warriors spin-off pretty much relegates this one to mediocrity at best. It means that this will have not just horrible or bad acting, but horribad acting and only vaguely resemble the plot to Fist of the North Star.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      And no, being a Dynasty Warriors spin-off pretty much relegates this one to mediocrity at best. It means that this will have not just horrible or bad acting, but horribad acting and only vaguely resemble the plot to Fist of the North Star.
      Fist Of The North Star Warriors Video Game, Japanese Pounding Gameplay Reveal | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com saw the gameplay trailer back in october and I agree with BBQ. I especially like the part where he throws the guy and he instantly turns into blood and disappears.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

oh mew! but the gameplay will be fun!

Comment

signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
            Hokuto Musou! The greatest single player videogame ever???
            No.
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
              That's a healthy wench with some nice cans, but I don't believe that alone will make me buy the game.
              Last edited by Durahansolo; 12-26-2009, 07:30 AM.
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Hokuto no Ken too, but a Dynasty Warriors type game? Fuck that. Dynasty Warriors has always been shit tier.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

mew!! Dynasty Warriors games are the most fun and replayable. Well okay DW6 wasn't that great,
                  but Warriors Orochi 2 is a masterpiece and many loved DW Gundam that it released a sequel!
                  Dynasty Warriors style games really are great stress relievers too!

Comment

DW Gundam!
                    I liked DW Gundam and I'm sure there will probably be a DW: Gundam 3 just so they can add more mobile suits lol. DW: Gundam 2 was a little complicated with that friendship system though and that is one thing that I don't have time to handle.
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------

Comment

mew!! Dynasty Warriors games are the most fun and replayable. Well okay DW6 wasn't that great,
                      but Warriors Orochi 2 is a masterpiece and many loved DW Gundam that it released a sequel!
                      Dynasty Warriors style games really are great stress relievers too!
                      All you do is run around mindlessly beating up mostly helpless AI while somebody shouts in your ear about stuff that's largely irrelevant to your experience.

Comment

well ya it's like a modern day game that plays like beat em ups! The voice overs give the battles more meaning and fun humor sometimes.

Comment

I am going to sign this check, you can fill in whatever you want. How much do I have to pay you to stop making topics like this? I will pay anything.
                          Cleverness - Hades
                          75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                          DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Don't even act like you didn't see that coming. >_>
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------

Comment

Aye, admit I did. :X

Never really got into Fist of the North Star. Seems like a huge miss.
                              Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                              Originally posted by Nandito
                              Ponies.

Duh.
                              You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Working...
                              X