Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DSi - I has it!

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    because it's not like Nintendo has ever made it possible to play portable games on your home system before. clearly unrealistic.
    No shit? And here all this time I've been playing them on handhelds! What was I thinking?

Yeah, they could put GBA games on Wii. They could make PS2 games playable on PS3, too, but they don't. Sometimes companies, as backward as it may seem, want to make money and have control over how they profit.

Plus what if they wanted to add some DS features to the GBA games? Touch screen functionality would be quite practical for some GBA titles. No reason not to include such features.

Comment

1- Big difference between PS2 downloads and GBA downloads.
      A- PS2 games are still largely viable retail titles. No developer in their right mind would try to make a GBA game at this point.
      B- Because of A, it's much easier to convince rights owners to release their GBA games than PS2 ones.
      C- The PS2 is still largely a part of Sony's strategy. Again, the GBA is far in the dust
      D- PS2 games take up entire DVDs (that's up to 8.5GB). GBA games are significantly smaller. The largest download I am aware of on PSN is around 3-4GB (Burnout Paradise)
      2- Sure, they could add DS features. They could add Wii features too. However, Nintendo has NEVER made significant alterations to a Virtual Console title. Most Virtual Console changes are minor things like tweaked save systems, or changing text and images for licensing purposes. The only use of Wii features I'm aware of in a virtual console game are putting a part of the gameplay into the Operations Guide (which is to emulate a piece of paper that shipped with the game at retail), and printing pictures from Pokémon Snap to the Wii message board (which is also emulating the ability to print stickers).

Comment

OK, Biff.

Comment

Screw you both @.@

But I agree that'd be awesome. (The Metroid Fusion on Wii)
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I was just using it as an example. There are other games I'd rather see, and I'd actually probably not buy it at all.

Comment

Cool i think i mite get one especially the blue one

Comment

Got to play around with some of the other features a bit more.

The DSi Browser is downloaded free from the DSi Ware Store. It does the job OK, but its a portable browser and like any other can get overwhelmed pretty easy and run slowly. I wouldn't use it to constantly post on forums and its not compatible with all web plug-ins but its nice enough for reading news, forums or doing small emails.

The music player accepts AAC/MPEG-4 files. Found an SD Thumbdrive for my old rickety PC and loaded up some music. Plays great and there are some fun filters and visualizations to play with (Excitebike is the best one), but there's no equalizers to tweak music aside from the filters. Something they could update later, I guess.

When you close the system, the screens and speakers will still go to sleep mode, but the music player will remain active and you can slip the DSi into your pocket and listen to your files on headphones.

IGN reported Wii and DSi will be seeing a video download service in the future, so there's yet another thing to add to the list of things DSi can do.

Comment

Ok, I got one. My son got his first paycheck from his new job and went and bought one for himself. So I whined. And I whined. And I used my pouty lip. And I got one for an early Mother's Day gift from my kids and hubby. LOL

I haven't had time to play with it yet because its on the charger in the other room. ; ;
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                    I haven't had time to play with it yet because its on the charger in the other room. ; ;
                    Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, I hate that feeling.

Unwrapping a shiny new gadget, jumping off the walls with happiness, and then having to wait hours for it to charge.

Comment

Ya I got to set it up...you know with my name, date, time, etc and then it died. ; ; Now its time for events...going for Dark Ixion right now...so I won't get to "play" with it for a few more hours. /sigh
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm bringin' sexy back:

Comment

OMG Kitten! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it! I wanna play with my DSi!

Comment

Was actually gonna go to Kinko's and make copies of that, then tape them across every month of my co-worker's calender just to annoy her while I was out on my furlough week, but I never got around to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X