A Boy and his Blob Wiimake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Boy and his Blob Wiimake!

[ame="http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14326534/a-boy-his-blob/videos/ABoyandHisBlobIGN_2.html"]IGN Video: A Boy and His Blob Nintendo Wii Gameplay - Underground[/ame]

Click the top link on the video to be taken to the actual video, dunno why IGN puts you through another video.

Loved this game when it was on the NES back in the day. I was hoping to see this remade someday, its a great concept to revisit.

Re: A Boy and his Blob Wiimake!

Looks cool. I was a child of the SNES, so I never got to see what "back in the day" was really like.

Of course, I have the strangest desire to see what it was like, so seeing classic stuff like this be brought back in to a new light makes me happy.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Oh god yes
      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Needs some polish (lolfallingoverholes), but could be very promising.

I do fear the resurgence of NES games, as well as other classic gaming genres (I'm looking at you, Zack and Wiki) on the Wii.

What is quite probably the most common video game console in children's homes ever combined with gameplay which made all of us crazy, and designed largely by people who are crazy themselves because of having played maddening games?

Our children are going to need therapists. Lots of them.

also game genies.

Comment

Well, we can have crazy people or we can have the Playstation generation keep spreading their emo.

I'll take crazy, thanks.

I put A Boy and his Blob in a very slim genre of games, matching up only with the likes of Metroid, the classic PoP games and even Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Also what Castlevania has now beaten to death. They're not so much action-titles as about pure exploration and overcoming obstacles. Some still have tons of action, but even then its somewhat of a sideshow.

These games also tend to let the player interpret the story for themselves rather than beat you over the head with high production values. The real threat these games present is raising a new generation of gamers with an actual imagination.
          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-07-2009, 06:46 AM.

Comment

'Kitten, out of curiosity, do you have an interest in the classic theater?
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Hadn't seen this game before, and I grew up with an NES. Looks like good clean fun, I'm looking forward to it. Reminds me a bit of Jerry Boy (aka Smartball in the US), Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV (didn't come out in the US. That game.)

EDIT: I really dig that hand-drawn look, too. It's a bit reminiscent of Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                'Kitten, out of curiosity, do you have an interest in the classic theater?
                Not a keen interest, but I'm no stranger to classic theater, silent film, musicals, chorus or plays. I tend to appreciate things on their own merits rather than expect Hollywood out of everything.

Edit: A Boy and his Blob is supposedly a WiiWare title, by the way. The original creator of the game isn't on the project, but said to be supportive of it. The team doing the game seems to have a solid concept of the originals (there was a GB sequel as well, I had it "The Search for Princess Blobette" I think it was).

Comment

I loved this game so much. My brother and I played the crap out of it.

I am leery, though, of the constant recycling of what's old (she posts on a forum for a game titled the eleventh in a series).
                  Server: Unicorn | Main: Yara | LS: Peacekeepers
                  RDM 49 · BLM 40 · WHM 36 · DNC 34 · DRG 24

Comment

I've heard of the game but I never had a copy or played it. This might be interesting...
                    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                    (have fun MMO players ^^)
                    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Hah! This looks pretty interesting.

Is there any fighting or anything like that in this game? If not, it might be one my Mom might enjoy.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

There wasn't really any combat that i remembered. You just found ways to avoid enemies and overcome obstacles by using jelly beans and Blob

Comment

Working...
                        X