Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SE buys Eidos

Sure, if it weren't for the following quote on the article:

The deal will see the likes of Tomb Raider and Kane & Lynch, two heavily westernised franchises, join Square Enix’s Japan-centric stable of properties such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Developer and Publisher are two different things. SE are publishing Disgaea 3 in the UK but SE didn't dvelop the game, Nippon Ichi did.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
        Developer and Publisher are two different things. SE are publishing Disgaea 3 in the UK but SE didn't dvelop the game, Nippon Ichi did.
        Not exactly. Eidos is a franchise succubus.

Ion Storm, Kronos, Core and Silicon Knights all used to be studios under Eidos. SK is the only one to survive Eidos, but at the end of the day, even as a publisher, Eidos ended up holding the rights to a lot of thier franchises.

Franchises they have ruined or let rot, I might add.

The assests for the Deus Ex multiplayer project was turned into a heap of crap Crystal Dynamics called "Project: Snowblind." Fear Effect 3 never came to be because they were forced to close down. Ion Storm closed shop after Thief 3. When SK parted ways with Eidos, they had to leave Legacy of Kain with Eidos.

No one at Eidos created any of those franchises, but they currently own the rights to all of them.
        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-16-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Ah I didn't know that Crystal Dynamics are wholly owned by Eidos. I thought they jusy had a share i nthat company. You learn something new every day I guess.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

You people know way too damn much about these things.
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
            X