• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE buys Eidos

Square Enix swoops for Eidos | Gaming Industry | News by MCV

So, Tomb raider new job class?

Discuss...

EDIT:

I tried posting this in SE news, but I didn't have access? Is that where it should be? HELP?!
    Last edited by ShepardG; 02-12-2009, 08:44 AM. Reason: confusion, and I farted

Re: SE buys Eidos

Nice. They bought someone else recently too I think. Can't remember who.

Square is becoming pretty big.

Comment

Taito.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

zomg
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

If that means Lara will get the SE treatment then I'll probably start playing her games again.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

inb4 Tomb Raider RPG

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

OMFG I'm not sure if i LOVE the idea or ABSOLUTELY hate it.

I'm a big Tomb Raider fan but so far most of the titles always have had a little lack of polish here and there... maybe with SE's attention to detail and Eidos' gameplay and style will be a good merge...

... but then again, I honestly hope nothing seriously messed up comes out of this like Sora and Lara ending up having a relationship, or a phoney Tomb Raider RPG... I doubt it would be suitable really...
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

SE buys Eidos and all you guys care about is Tomb Raider?

They own the rights to Fear Effect, Deus Ex, Thief and Legacy of Kain.

These were franchises by other developers. Developers Eidos slaughtered and consumed the souls of and eventually franchises they took ownership of and let rot. Eidos was the succubus of Western developers and publishers.

If anything, first thing SE needs to do is put Legacy of Kain in proper hands, then rebuild motherfucking Ion Storm and hire Warren Spector. Get him back on Deus Ex and Thief games.

Screw Tomb Raider.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  Legacy of Kain.
                  This.

I've been waiting a long time for another game in the series. Now I'm imaging cut scenes and cg done with SE's flair and it makes me drool. Of course, gameplay is more significant but I still can't stop thinking of the cut scenes/cg!
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Unless SE considers releasing arayDeus Ex remake I'd rather focus on Lara's physique.
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I'd actually love a remake of Deus Ex. It really deserves one, pity it actually didn't age that well, but its still a favorite.

Comment

LoK and Soul Reaver are awesome.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Guys, Age of Conan? Especially if SE decides to fucking do something with POL stateside; content IDs are only $1 a month regardless of game in Japan, IIRC. Could bring a lot of FFXI players into AOC and vice versa. Not to mention finally giving another (REAL, FUCK OFF TETRA MASTER PLAYERS) MMO to NA POL.

More than that, imagine what they could do by trading some developers around.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            SE buys Eidos and all you guys care about is Tomb Raider?

They own the rights to Fear Effect, Deus Ex, Thief and Legacy of Kain.

These were franchises by other developers. Developers Eidos slaughtered and consumed the souls of and eventually franchises they took ownership of and let rot. Eidos was the succubus of Western developers and publishers.

If anything, first thing SE needs to do is put Legacy of Kain in proper hands, then rebuild motherfucking Ion Storm and hire Warren Spector. Get him back on Deus Ex and Thief games.

Screw Tomb Raider.
                            Yes all I care about is Tomb Raider.

Got a problem, punk?

I did forget about LoK which is almost a little bit OK, the rest can go suck a popsicle for all I care.
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Being a fan of the Tomb Raider series since they first came out this would excite me if it was not for one reason.

Crystal Design hold the rights to develop Tomb Raider. Eidos are just the publishers.
                              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                              X