Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo

I miss zombies =(

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      Silent Hill: Homecoming o.o

lolSilent Hill 2

The final boss is... my sick wife doing freaky Tool video spasms.

Yeah, that was brilliant.

Silent Hill just makes me wonder why I bothered to play them at all. No continuity, just random freaky shit.

I'll give Pyramid Head props, but the evil zombie kindergartners in the first game were much more frightening. They were all short and had knives and were naked and evil and coming after you even though you only had like three bullets.

RE5 should have just been Sheva, Rebecca and Ada wrestling in a pool of banana pudding. Much better than having to look at Mr. Roid Rage Redfield and probably not getting a Wesker subplot at all.
      Resident Evil Extreme Volleyball? ;p
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
        Resident Evil Extreme Volleyball? ;p
        Don't even need the game, just a few pieces of fan art would do...

Comment

So all that symbolism from arguably 1 of the best games ever made was lost on you.

Well, that sure explains a lot.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            So all that symbolism from arguably 1 of the best games ever made was lost on you.

Well, that sure explains a lot.
            It explains the following - I'm not as easy to please as you are. If I want symbolism, there are franchises that do that waaaaaaay better.

Comment

You mean make it more obvious?

I'll admit, I didn't quite catch on to everything at first, but when you examine the game it's almost scary how much nearly every little thing in the game is symbolic and builds the atmosphere.

SH2 was Survival Horror done right. Maybe not perfect but damned close. The concept of the town twisting to the individual rather being another cliche demonic entity was inspiring and a welcome change. I wish they would go back to that, especially since that's the only logical way to explain now this place hasn't been quarantined and/or outright destroyed. There's no way the town could go on like that for too long without someone noticing and reporting it in.

The only thing I've never understand is how these people always seem to manage to stay sane. It's complete bullshit. Who here could honestly say they wouldn't be driven nuts after long in Silent Hill?
              sigpic

Comment

Road signs warn of zombies | KXAN.com

I see the advertising campaign is in full swing!
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post

Road signs warn of zombies | KXAN.com

Speculation among the tech-savvy on the Internet is that the signs were inspired by the video game Call of Duty 5, World at War, which is the top game in the country right now and features "nazi zombies," or an upcoming movie about zombies called "Dead Snow" (an official selection at Sundance '09). There are also several online sites that teach people how to break into these construction signs.

or..... maybe it was done by someone who got excited about RE5? ;p
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Why would they be hyped about RE5 and talk about zombies?
                    Unless you mean zombies as in the brain washed kind?
                    Cause I never saw any classic zombie in there, or in 4

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

FYI, this:

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post

was a joke. I know this had nothing to do with RE5.
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

This is what comes with the CE of RE5.
                        • Chris Redfield Figurine
                        • Tricell Messenger Bag
                        • BSAA Patch
                        • Kijuju Keychain
                        • Bonus Disc including a making-of featurette, a digital art gallery and a trailer for Resident Evil Degeneration
                        • The game and bonus disc come packed in a Special Collector's SteelBook Case.

Comment

That collector's stuff looks neat, but I hope Capcom reconsiders about the controls.

I've been spending some quality time with RE5 demo and the more I play it the more I think they need Dead Space controls and menus, while at the same time I think Dead Space really needed RE's 180° turn.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                            I've been spending some quality time with RE5 demo and the more I play it the more I think they need Dead Space controls and menus, while at the same time I think Dead Space really needed RE's 180° turn.
                            I'm pretty sure dead space did have a quick turn if you clicked the left stick. And hurray for Isaac being able to run backwards.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nope no 180°, but you can just rotate the camera fast and target again to turn around.

Is just that it can get messy sometimes when you have a necro pop right behind you.

Edit > Also I think Capcom should release a Resident Evil HD collection of RE 1, 2 and 3 for the PS3 (and the brick box if they can't skip it) with Remake/Zero characters and HD backgrounds (CV doesn't really need it.)
                              Last edited by Raydeus; 02-08-2009, 09:38 PM.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Capcom already said that they aren't changing the controls. I tried to play the demo and it was awful. I think I will wait until I can get a used one $20 next year.
                                Thanks Kazuki.
                                Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Working...
                                X