• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor about SE's next MMO...

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
    It would be smarter to appeal to fans of other IPs
    VAGRANT STORY!!!

Purty please???

Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-14-2008, 01:37 PM. Reason: With sugar on top, etc...

Comment

O. o

Personally I'd like a Seiken Densetsu MMO, but it'd be fairly similar to FF XI and like won't happen.

Failing that, a Valkyrie Profile MMO would kick fucking ass!

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      There are a lot of people that don't play FFXI because they object to the notion of paying monthly fees or don't like MMOs, period. Making a new FF MMO isn't going to change their minds if that's the case.
      IMO that's the saddest excuse anyone can give. Put it into perspective in regards to whatever else you spend your money on that isn't a necessity and you'll likely find 12.95 isn't much for a month's entertainment.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I simply want it to retain the classic line of jobs that FF titles introduced, that doesn't mean it has to be a FF title.
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Yeah, SE doesn't really need to choose a franchise for it to work.

They could even go the Kingdom Hearts way and make something new that incorporates aspects not only from FF but from any franchise they have. Being marketed worldwide will definetely give them more options to work with.

Still... I'd really like an VIII based MMOG.... or at least SeeD job on XI.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post

Still... I'd really like an VIII based MMOG.... or at least SeeD job on XI.
            Agreed.
            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I'll certainly be signing up when it's released.
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

As long as it isn't developed on a console first and has more freedom of movement than FFXI I will be interested.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

I would love something similar to Ivalice, or perhaps something completely different but still has that nice Final Fantasy art direction. I'd really hope they learnt a lot from Final Fantasy XI, and I hope they don't limit themselves to the Wii.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                    As long as it isn't developed on a console first and has more freedom of movement than FFXI I will be interested.
                    Presumably if they were to release it for consoles as well, they wouldn't be limited like they were for XI with the PS2. Instead, it would be limited to what the PS3/360/Wii/Whatever/(Lowest Common Denominator) can handle, which I assume would be considerably better. Based on how they affiliated themselves with Sony's consoles in the past, I would take any limitations to be based on the PS3.

But, I think the spirit of the message is still something to hope for -- to get rid of major limitations because of consoles. Like... FPS...
                    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                    90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                    52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
                      Presumably if they were to release it for consoles as well, they wouldn't be limited like they were for XI with the PS2. Instead, it would be limited to what the PS3/360/Wii/Whatever/(Lowest Common Denominator) can handle, which I assume would be considerably better. Based on how they affiliated themselves with Sony's consoles in the past, I would take any limitations to be based on the PS3.

But, I think the spirit of the message is still something to hope for -- to get rid of major limitations because of consoles. Like... FPS...

If they did a all system release again,I dout it would be released on the Wii, just on the fact that it has no true HDD support, other then the upcoming USB HDD support..... and so the only system that would "hold it back" would be the 360
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

It's fine if they make it for PS3/Xbox 360, but hopefully they'll learn from FFXI and realize just how powerful computers are. They should at least make a good graphics range for those with less/more powerful systems.
                        Originally posted by Ellipses
                        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                        Originally posted by MCLV
                        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                        More Sig:

Comment

I'm not much up on the current systems on the market. I know a little bit about the PS3 and the 360, but I never payed much attention to the Wii, so I didn't know -- and I don't have nor am I'm not planning on getting any of them, so I don't have a reason to look at them much. I figured I would just throw it in there since it's a major system at this time.
                          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by Neomage View Post
                            It's fine if they make it for PS3/Xbox 360, but hopefully they'll learn from FFXI and realize just how powerful computers are. They should at least make a good graphics range for those with less/more powerful systems.

well the main problem with FFXI on PC, is that FFXI was designed to use the CPU more, since thats how the PS2 works, but since the 360 and PS3 are more like PCs then older systems, then this should be a none issue.

Comment

How would the 360 hold it back? I doubt they would even attempt to push any limits if we're talking about graphics. They have an art style that doesn't need intensive processing power.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                                How would the 360 hold it back? I doubt they would even attempt to push any limits if we're talking about graphics. They have an art style that doesn't need intensive processing power.

thats why I said "hold it back" with the quotes, but yes if they where going for MAX everything, out of 360/PS3/PC the one to hold anything back would be the 360

Comment

Working...
                                X