Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor about SE's next MMO...

Quoted from EGM:

"Scuttlebutt around the industry suggests that Square Enix will finally unveil the follow up to their almost 7 year old MMORPG, Final Fantasy XI, at this June's E3 convention in Los Angeles. It's designed to co-exist with (i.e. not replace) Square's long running MMO and FFXI producer, Hiromichi Tanaka tells us that "the next generation MMO that we're working on is going to be different from Final Fantasy XI. And even though we have the same staff working on the project, we're not going to make something that will be exactly like FFXI."

Talk amongst yourselves!
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Rumor about SE's next MMO...

Read that when I recieved my EGM mag the other day. I can't wait! Just the thought of sinking months / years of my life in a virtual world makes me excited!... That's not bad, is it?

Comment

{That's interesting.}
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Dragon Quest Online.

Comment

They've always been saying that Square Enix will reveal more about their next MMO at their next event. Always, for the last couple of years...

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Building hype should be a crime.
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

They've been alluding to this for a long time. It's only to be expected, really.

But I wonder how well it will work out for them, since their current audience seems to be "Square fans that don't hate MMOs"...

Comment

I just wonder if the new MMO will be the death knell for FFXI. I know there are die hard FF fans that won't give up on it but would that be enough to keep it going?
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Its been enough for other MMOs, really. I just hope its not another Final Fantasy MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    Its been enough for other MMOs, really. I just hope its not another Final Fantasy MMO.
                    See thats where I disagree, I DO hope it is another Final Fantasy MMO!

Comment

I agree, I would not mind a similar concept done in the FF universe, but done better.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Heck SE could just make a remake of XI for Windows and next gen consoles and people would flock there in masses. Specially if it offered the chance to keep their character data unchanged.

This game is that Rapture game they were talking about like 3 years ago right? o_O

PS > Just to clarify, it better be FF based. A VIII prequel would be really nice for that, with Gardens and different countries at war (something like a FFVIII-Zero)
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

It's supposed to exist alongside FFXI, so would they really try to tap their FF fanbase twice? It would be smarter to appeal to fans of other IPs, and hope there's minimal overlap.

Comment

They tried straying away from FF with Fantasy Earth and it didn't work at all. So I doubt they would try to go that route again. The game even had to be sold and turned into a free-to-play game for it to have any relative success.

(And there are a LOT of FF fans out there who don't play XI, so the new game could actually help tap into that audience instead)

But let's see what happens this time, at least whatever it is that they do it will be relased worldwide.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

There are a lot of people that don't play FFXI because they object to the notion of paying monthly fees or don't like MMOs, period. Making a new FF MMO isn't going to change their minds if that's the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X