FF4DS Boss = lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF4DS Boss = lol

Hasted Kain, spammed jump. Everyone else died almost immediately in one hit, but he was in the air during that attack. Only attacks he got kain with was spams of Osmose, and one Whirl.

WIN
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: FF4DS Boss = lol

That's nice, but which boss? FFIV has a lot of them.

Also, you said everyone else died in one hit and you explioted Kain for Jump. Real player skill there. That's been in the earliest versions of the game. How about winning with all party members surviving?

Seems you were more LOL than the boss was, sorry, especially if it was Zeromus.

Comment

FFIV DS was a joke...

IGN said it was by far the "hardest version" ever. I beg to differ. The augments make it waaaaay too easy, and like just about every offline RPG it's not too hard to reach the point where you can simply crush everything save the secret bosses underfoot with little effort.

Fuma Shuriken ftw bitches.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

It was Zeromus.

He wiped my party that did more dmg than my characters had max HP. And my chars were 68-70....

Jump tactic ftw.
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I beat Zeromus with everyone standing most of the fight.

Skill ftw

Comment

But what level were you?

I highly doubt *ANY* amount of skill would have gotten me the win without me grinding at least 10-20 more levels. And really, I have other games to get to.

And besides, what's not skillful about finding what ability is most useful and whoring it? Sure, its not as graceful, but it got the job done.

And for the record, I beat him with everyone standing on "Final Fantasy Chronicles" edition

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
              I highly doubt *ANY* amount of skill would have gotten me the win without me grinding at least 10-20 more levels. And really, I have other games to get to.
              It's ALL about the Shuriken!
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Skill? It's a menu-driven, turn-based RPG. And it's not like there's a point to having everyone alive at the end anyway.
                Last edited by Coinspinner; 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  FFIV DS was a joke...

IGN said it was by far the "hardest version" ever. I beg to differ. The augments make it waaaaay too easy, and like just about every offline RPG it's not too hard to reach the point where you can simply crush everything save the secret bosses underfoot with little effort.
                  The first playthrough can be rough pretty early on. I just got done with Cagnazzo and he kicked me around pretty well the first time I fought him. If anything, it just makes you plan and strategize better.

The only real issue I have with the game so far is Tellah. It's annoying as hell to have him capped at 90mp for a few dungeons just because they couldn't come up with another way to make Meteor unaccessible.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I find this game Challenging.
                    I do think it is hard and i am having a blast with it

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      Fuma Shuriken ftw bitches.
                      I haven't tried the DS version, but in the original that was how I did it, just throw anything and everything in my inventory, and it goes down relatively quickly.
                      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Coinspinner View Post
                        Skill? It's a menu-driven, turn-based RPG.
                        OK, take out Ruby Weapon with no Knights of the Round and get back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          hahah like that would ever happen the hidden bosses in FF7 are hard shit especially Ruby Weapon. I also played FF4DS on my exes DS, but not enough, I wish I had my own DS so I could play it for myself life isn't fair!!

Comment

The DS remake is pretty damn awesome, but definitely a lot more difficult than the original. I do not remember normal enemies being able to 1 shot everyone but Cecil. It's a welcome challenge though, video games are too easy these days.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            Originally posted by Shoope View Post
                            hahah like that would ever happen the hidden bosses in FF7 are hard shit especially Ruby Weapon.
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thFsHr5v1yM"]YouTube - Beating Ruby Weapon the fastest in 1:17[/ame]

Someone seems to have forgotten how broken 7777 fever and the materia system is. Lets not pretend that any part of FF7 was a challenge.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                              Someone seems to have forgotten how broken 7777 fever and the materia system is. Lets not pretend that any part of FF7 was a challenge.
                              Because I'm sure you discovered it, amirite?

Let's not pretend that just because we've beaten a game, that you've somehow mastered it as well.

OP admited to PT wipe save for Kain, then claims the game is too easy. Mmkay, let's just look at the clear contradiction right there. Rosa, Cecil and Edward are on the floor, Kain is still standing. Seems like we had some kind of problem there.

Now, did you die in FFVII? To anything? OK, then you clearly had some kind of problem there. Get back to me when you beat FFVII without a single death.

And that's really me just taking things to an extreme. I dtend to consider mastery of an RPG to have seen and done just about everything you could do with as little outside assistance as possible. I can sit here and call FFX an easy game, but I still haven't beaten the snot out of the Monster Arena, so I can't really say the whole thing is easy.

Did I beat Wind Waker without dying and find everything with no outside assistance? Yep. It was too damn easy. Can't say the same about a game like Majora's Mask, it kicked my ass left and right. Was Devil May Cry 2 too easy? Yeah, that's kinda why no one liked it as much as the other three DMC games.

Sad thing today is I see gamers complain about a game being too easy and when I ask them what setting they had it one, they tell me they picked "Easy."
                              Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 10-20-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X