Finally a game to play in the dark...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a game to play in the dark...

[ame=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39968.html]Gametrailers.com - Silent Hill: Homecoming - Preview[/ame]

I am so going to play this at night all alone in the dark and scare the crap out of myself! FYI, release date is 9/22.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Finally a game to play in the dark...

o.O all the past silent hills were great games to play at night mom..

im kinda meh'ing at this game... i gotta say the awkward fighting in past games kinda helped setting them apart from other games of the same genre... you felt the character because you kinda relate to that character, this time its some army guy or whatever and it takes that sense of helplessness away from the game, still, ill prolly play it and enjoy it thoroughly.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I remember when my mate got an optical cable for his ps2 and we played silent hill with surround sound at 2am a door opened behind us in game and in real life, made us jump, we slowly turned around......

It was the cat..

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
        and scare the crap out of myself!
        Well, on the bright side, old ladies probably don't get a second glance buying diapers at Wal-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
          o.O all the past silent hills (except 4)were great games to play at night mom..
          ftfy
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
            o.O all the past silent hills were great games to play at night mom.
            Yep I've played them. I remember one time when a "thing" came skittering out from under a car at me in game and I screamed bloody murder and shut down that system so frickin fast. Then I ran through the dark house to my upstairs bedroom so fast it wasn't funny. I am NOT a scary fan as far as movies go but games I like.

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            Well, on the bright side, old ladies probably don't get a second glance buying diapers at Wal-Mart.
            Nah I can go in and blame it on my husband "Damn old man won't stop pissing himself!"
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

This game has nothing visually on any of the previous Silent Hill games. It looks terrible.

I'll give it a shot, but I have a feeling an import of the Siren: Blood Curse on Blu-ray is more worth my money for the survival horror genre.
              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
              Currently Playing:
              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                This game has nothing visually on any of the previous Silent Hill games. It looks terrible.
                I don't see anything about Silent Hill Homecoming that puts it a step behind the others visually, in fact, its closer to the look and feel of the first two than the second two. Freaky nurses, creature kids... all they need is pyramid heads, which I'm sure will be there too.

People who are making a fuss about the combat should remember that Silent Hill isn't exactly as generous as Resident Evil is about stockpiling ammo and just because the controls had restricted movements didn't make them better, more suspenseful games. Just because you were scared at the time didn't mean the controls didn't suck. The only reason they did them that way was because we had to deal with pre-rendered backgrounds and shit like that.

"Tank" controls can stay dead for all I care, I'm not going back to the way it was before RE4 again in terms of controls.

Also, I don't see why someone would take Siren over Silent Hill. Siren was the biggest pile of a horror game I've ever played.

Comment

Pyramid head makes an appearance they say. I'm not stuck on graphics, I still play and enjoy my PS1 games....hell I still play NES games. As long as a game entertains me, its got my vote.

Comment

UFO ending!!!!

If it doesn't have that, I'm not getting it.

Comment

Silent Hill: Homecoming: Skinned Bodies Ahoy!

"I spent a little bit of time with Silent Hill: Homecoming on the 360 yesterday at Konami's NYC event. I've been kind of lukewarm on the series since The Room, so my expectations weren't extremely high going in. I must say, however, Silent Hill might be coming back on the upswing after this. The series has always looked great, and Homecoming certainly does as well, but the vastly improved combat mechanics will make this iteration stand out from the rest and, hopefully, capture a bigger audience.

So we start out back in a dreary, dark hospital again. Everything will be fine, right? Of course not! Hospitals and Silent Hill going together are never a good thing for anybody, let alone the protagonist. The first thing I wanted to know about this game is how much "Silent Hill" is actually in it. By that I mean, how much disturbing crap is there for me to look at that will make my brain throw up? Well, I almost immediately noticed a skinned body hanging from the ceiling. So, it's looking like this really is a homecoming!

Now, one of the biggest complaints about the series was the combat and the controls. I won't got as far as to say they are "fixed" this time around, but they're way better. The first weapon I managed to get my hands on was a knife. When you draw it, the camera pans behind you and off to the right, much like any over-the-shoulder angle, but a bit further back so you can see more of the environment. I can then start stabbing away, unlike in previous games where I had to randomly swing a weapon and hope I hit something. It almost makes the game easier now that the combat is better, as sad as that sounds.

I will forever contend that what makes any Silent Hill game great is the atmosphere it creates. That's why I still consider the first game in the series to be best one. That game scares the crap out of me, even 10 years later. I can't play it without turning off the sound, and sometimes, will just turn the whole thing off entirely. Homecoming didn't make me change my pants, however, a very cool effect was the when the 'normal world' changes to the 'underworld.' It's very much like the movie - which yinz should see - where everything is peeling off the walls and floor revealing all the in creepy, fucked up cages and spinning fans and shit.

Overall, it looks like Konami learned from The Room and is taking trying to take everything back to the early titles in the series. Everything that should make a good Silent Hill game is here. How the story holds up, or, if it makes any sense at all, remains to be seen. The improved combat and player mobility should position this game towards the more mainstream audience and will give me hope for a survival-horror renaissance.
                      "

Comment

Fatal Frame was a fun "Play in the dark game" when i was like 16

Never really picked up on Silent Hill honestly so I can't give an opinion. I did play a bit of Silent Hill Origins though.

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
                        Is a woman's heart.

Comment

This is probably one of the few games that has made me regret not having a console in the past. With this title coming to the 360, I am hoping it doesn't disappoint.

...but the camera looks a little clunky in that preview. Hope its not like Ninja Gaiden 2.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

I looking forward to play Dead Space in the dark.
                            PSN ID: Kelshan
                            Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                            Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one too. I will not pre-order it and probably won't buy it until I'm 100% sure it doesn't blow.

Comment

Working...
                              X