No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur IV Officially Makes Up for the Excess Boobage: YODA AND VADER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soul Calibur IV Officially Makes Up for the Excess Boobage: YODA AND VADER

TGM: actually that happened like two or three decades ago.

Comment

Not as rampant as it is now. If we didn't have a plethora of quality games back in the day, the gaming industry wouldn't have made it to today. I'd say there was 25% crap put out to make a quick buck compared to the 50% + of stuff nowadays. And this trend doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. Compound that with the tight fist that publishers wield over gaming magazines and the greed it just out of hand.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

TGM: Sure it would've. Look at the video game crash in 83 (or was it 84?), people were just flooded with crappy games.

Comment

He's the last one they'll be publicly unveiling anyway, since all the character slots are on the website are full (and the game is only a month away from release now, if that)

Heads will roll if the blue bomber isn't in there.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The video game industry crash in the 80's wasn't based solely on games. The industry was flooded with a ton of different consoles and pc's were also making a dent in the industry. Between all three of these things, consumers were bogged down with "should I buy a console or pc", "what console should I buy", and "is this just another crappy game". Sometimes competition isn't a good thing and the crash was proof of that.

Since this isn't the topic for this discussion, feel free to make a new thread if you feel like it Feba or anyone who feels like it. I won't respond to any more posts about this in this topic.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Game magazines hardly have any pressure on them now, most of them chose to sell out last generation willingly. Gamespot and EGM are rather glaring examples.

Much to Icemage's chagrin, tossing Star Wars onto Soul Calibur just shows how third parties like Namco have to use cheap gimmicks like licensed movie characters to draw in players to balance the cost of making such expensive games. This isn't anything about console attractiveness to third parties, its about third parties breaking even on production.

SCIII didn't sell for crap and SCII had marginal sales even though it had rather respectable Gamecube sales with the Link in it. Namco could have just let the franchise die with pride, but no.

Heads will roll if the blue bomber isn't in there.
              No, they won't.

Megaman is so whored out he's not even a credible character in the eyes of gamers anymore. The fact that I wretch at the sight of any Megaman game these days - even the classics - is proof of that.

Comment

Megaman is so whored out he's not even a credible character in the eyes of gamers anymore. The fact that I wretch at the sight of any Megaman game these days - even the classics - is proof of that.
                Now, I generally avoid being an ass, but BBQ, speak for yourself. The Zero series was great, I want to get ZX, and I really wish Capcom would let Inafune give us Mega Man Legends 3 once and for all. Fucking Capcom.

There are still plenty of Mega Man fans out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  There are still plenty of Mega Man fans out there.
                  Its more like a support group now. Like AA.

Comment

Mario and Sonic have been whored out about as much as Mega Man, so I really don't see your point.

Comment

Malacite: People said that before. Then they added another line.

Comment

You can't throw most (not quite all yet) of the Iconic videogame stars and not include Mega Man.

Aside from MM, the only other missing character from that generation is Simon Belmont. I'd be sooooo happy to see the two of them added (much as I'd like to see either Ryu, Dante or Master Chief, it probably won't happen XD)
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          Mario and Sonic have been whored out about as much as Mega Man, so I really don't see your point.
                          Yes, but when Mario is whored out, its usually quality whoring.

Can't say the same for Sonic and Megaman.

Megaman Soccer anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            Yes, but when Mario is whored out, its usually quality whoring.
                            Hilarious, but true.

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                            I have a Wii. I've had it since December 2006. 3rd party games, as a whole, suck more lemons than a lemonade stand on it.

You want to see how much Namco "respects" the Wii?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...caliburlegends

Average metacritic score: 53%

THIS is what Wii owners got in lieu of Soul Calibur IV.

Icemage
                            Okay, let me change my statement, then: they must have been asleep for the past year or something.
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

The more I look at SC IV Vader, the more I hate it.

Derail: Did anyone else noticed that "Yoda" and "Vader" are actually words in Firefox's built-in spell checker? (But, "Firefox" itself isnt'?)
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Firefox . . . it appears on my spell checker just fine.

Yoda and Darth Vader are also all on there, as well. Kinda funny, but kinda expected, as well. ("Kinda" is on there, as well. So is every single word in this post for that matter.)

/derail
                                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                                X