No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur IV Officially Makes Up for the Excess Boobage: YODA AND VADER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soul Calibur IV Officially Makes Up for the Excess Boobage: YODA AND VADER

Soul Calibur IV wins - and latest news confirms that 3rd party developers don't treat the Wii seriously (if you don't believe this to be true, go look up the metacritic entry for Soul Calibur Legends for Wii).

Icemage
    Now, this part I don't get: what, were you asleep for the past year or something?
    Last edited by Yellow Mage; 01-09-2008, 04:10 PM. Reason: Removing a failure.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

There's no such thing as excess boobage, because at the point where boobage would become excess it actually turns into baggage.

Comment

Icemage, I wouldn't be so sure. I know that I've never seen Sonic and Snake in a fighting game-- whereas I used to own a Star Wars game on PS1. Apart from that though, as has been pointed out, these models just don't look quite right, and I'm not entirely sure I'd be anything more than annoyed playing them.
        ------------------------------------------
        Icemage, I wouldn't be so sure. I know that I've never seen Sonic and Snake in a fighting game-- whereas I used to own a Star Wars game on PS1. Apart from that though, as has been pointed out, these models just don't look quite right, and I'm not entirely sure I'd be anything more than annoyed playing them.
        Last edited by Feba; 01-09-2008, 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well, apparently Vader is exclusive to PS3, and Yoda to 360. Thanks for nothing, Namco. Gamers everywhere appreciate it.

I expect a 20 page thread with which platform is better based solely off their respective Star Wars character on NeoGAF. *gets popcorn*
          PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
          Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA.

Putting Vader and Yoda in the same game, but not in such a way where they can fight each other? Brilliant.

Totally fucking brilliant.

So Soul Caliber is the new DOA, yes?

Comment

YAY SC3 all over again.

Bravo Namco, bravo... well, we'll always have Xenosaga...

*still holding out for Rockman in SSB*

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO?!

The final challenger is in...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                Now, this part I don't get: what, were you asleep for the past year or something?
                I have a Wii. I've had it since December 2006. 3rd party games, as a whole, suck more lemons than a lemonade stand on it.

You want to see how much Namco "respects" the Wii?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...caliburlegends

Average metacritic score: 53%

THIS is what Wii owners got in lieu of Soul Calibur IV.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
                  Icemage, I wouldn't be so sure. I know that I've never seen Sonic and Snake in a fighting game-- whereas I used to own a Star Wars game on PS1.
                  Actually...

Sonic:
                  - Sonic the Fighters
                  - Sonic Battle (This one was really fun, like a portable Smash Bros, but it didn't catch on.)

Snake:
                  - DreamMix: TV World Fighters
                  Last edited by Armando; 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

When they did the exclusive characters for SCII, it made sense as Heihachi and Link were, you know, video game characters. SCII was also just a more refined version of SC. Little changed, but not much needed to be improved over the original.

SCIII tried to fix things that didn't need fixing.

SCIV has Star Wars characters, but you can't play them against each other. First off, Darth Vader and Yoda are even more out-of-place in this universe than Spawn was. Link and Heihachi were, again, video game character. Link totally fits the fantasy setting, Heihachi gets a pass because he's in another Namco fighter. Yoshimitsu is in both franchises and an enemy of Heihachi's, too, so there's at least a story there.

Now, tell me, what the fuck does Star Wars have to do with Soul Calibur? Yes, both are fantasy but Star Wars sci-fi fantasy. I love Star Wars and I used to like Soul Calibur, but these two great tastes don't quite go together. You see, peanut butter and jelly go together because, they're two good, but complimentary flavors. Little nutty/little sweet. Who makes Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter sandwiches, though? That's what this is, where's the Jelly?

SSBB uses 100% natural video game characters. I stand by SSBB as my brawler this year.

Comment

Sorry, I haven't play console games for a while. What is SSB or SSBB (from above posts) stands for ^^?
                      Server: Quetzalcoatl
                      Race: Hume Rank 7
                      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Super Smash Bros and Super Smash Bros Brawl respectively.

Comment

ic, thx ^^
                          Server: Quetzalcoatl
                          Race: Hume Rank 7
                          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Malacite: What makes you think he's the last one?

Armando: Interesting, but it looks like most US players have at best played on a GBA, which is pretty different.

Comment

What?

Bah, should've done Revan. Screw Vader.

(joke. Honestly, what the fuck?)
                              "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                                Now, tell me, what the fuck does Star Wars have to do with Soul Calibur?
                                Increased sales = $$$$, that's all. Quality in gaming has been replaced by greed.
                                Originally posted by Feba
                                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                                Originally posted by DakAttack
                                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X