New 360: some things i like/dislike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 360: some things i like/dislike

Yeah i know, my 32 inch cost about 450. Samsungs HDTVS are really nice but waaay too expensive.
    "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

One thing you can do if you dont know what game you want, a good portion of games have free demos available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace (even if you have free silver account - but you should have the free month of gold anyway). Should help you find something you're interested in.
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

As for a limit on money id say...600 dollars or less..which i know...prolly couldnt get me much... I dont really need it right away i can save up and get it later in the year or maybe even next cristmas.
        My money right now will be going into games for the 360. Once i have compiled a good library ill be looking into a new TV.
        I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
        It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
        We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
        Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
        Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
        Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Comment

Okay... first, it's a "router", second you can get a wireless one, and an adapter for your 360 and set it up that way, so no cable running from where your internet connection is. You could also get a 27ish TV and be good, doesn't even need to be HD, I have a 27" Flat Screen CRT (huge though), with RGB inputs and the 360 looks good, it's no 1080p on a 60" but it's still good

Comment

If i got a Wireless router what changes would have to be made to my pc to also have it on the wireless router?

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

Your PC needs to have a wireless network interface card installed. Some motherboards come with onboard support for it. Unless you have the router near the PC, in which case you can just use ethernet cable anyway.

The setup I have in my apartment is a wireless router next to the cable modem, both sitting behind my HDTV on a stand with the Xbox 360 and Wii (and a PS3 in the very near future). Wireless networking adds a small bit of extra latency due to lost packets from interference which I don't wish to deal with when I'm playing a game. It doesn't help that the 360's wireless adapter is a total ripoff considering how much it costs. That's why I have the router near the game systems, connected with ethernet cables. My PC and iMac are in the office, and they connect to the router wirelessly.
              PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
              Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

So would you say it would be better to just have the wire running from the 360 to router? Cause it would cost less and wouldnt have to worry about interference?

The thing about the wireless is it would be better for my mom cause she could actually use that laptop she bought for things other than Microsoft word. But i wouldnt want to pay more for it if i would have too many interference problems and id rather just have the wire running thru the two rooms.

Ive been at this impass for a while. Talked to my techy dad about it and he thinks that it would be to expesive for the wireless but it would be more convienent. He has wireless router for his pc, x-box,ps2, and dreamcast all in same room and it works fine for him. He says its really up to me. But now knowing that theres a chance for interence im again stuck with choosing.

I dont like choosing...

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

The added latency is minimal. I make it sound like it's terrible, but again... it's minimal. I'm just picky is all.

But here's the next question... where is your modem currently sitting, and what systems/computers do have that you want connected to the internet?

Comment

Ok well the Comp is in the living room next to the entrance to hallway. My door is pretty much 15 feet away from comp then another 7 or 8 feet to the 360 itself. The only thing right now hooked up is the comp.The modem is right next to the comp. If/when i get the router the only other thing hooked up would prolly be the 360 unless my mom wanted the wirless one to hook up her laptop. And i would want the router right next to the comp.

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

gonna add my 2cents...

1st post for me on forums(woohoo!) been watchin from the darkness and decided to jump out and join the conversation... lol

I dunno how to put this but try and find a way to keep your 360 cool... (not NOT tryin to start a flame war *waves white flag*) I dunno how much of a gamer you are but me, I'm had my 360 CONSTANTLY running from all the games I play and FFXI.

My first 360, well, R.I.P. buddy... yeah, it died from over heating... right before I left for an overseas deployment (which I'm on right now). I couldnt live without my games so I bought a Black 360 Elite. but when I get state side I gotta find something to keep it cooler.

I dunno how much of a gamer you are but just a heads up!

Ohh duhhhhhh! My first 360 lasted a little over a year of constantly running and running and running...

Comment

Okay. You want 360 games, here are some decent reviews from a legend guy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ropunctuation/
                        "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

It sounds like you should get a HD CRT. If you are not familiar with that term, it's basically the big heavy tv...the classic one everyone is used to. You can get a decent HD for less than $600. Best Buy has a 30 inch HD CRT that is 1080i for $525.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1172880155897

If you can hang in a while more and save up another $100 then this is a nice tv:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1186007835504

LCD is just freakin awesome and worth saving for. Also, screw getting more games using a non-HD tv. I'd rather take the game money and invest it into a good HD tv and enjoy the games I have than suffer! But thats me...opinions may vary! LOL
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Since when is upper hundreds to $1k 'cheap'?

Wow, maybe if I had a job that paid $18/hr and worked 40 hours a week, I could save up enough to buy one of those at some point.

But as is, I do good to afford a game and my next Legacy of the Force book every two or three months.

Sad thing is, I want a new job, but I refuse anymore retail and everything else open around here is fail or cheap pay. I'd love to be able to get a nice HDTV though. So I could actually read the boxes on Mass Effect. I'm sure they say very helpful things.
                            "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Being able to buy a 40" widescreen television for a grand is cheap. Considering inflation, buying a 40" television a decade ago would have cost a small fortune. The fierce competition between the different manufacturers has brought prices down tremendously, because there's now plenty of choice of what type of TV to buy, which wasn't the case a decade ago.

Comment

Yes the prices have really dropped, even in the past 3 years! I bought a 61" DLP 3 years ago for $3500. Good thing I bought an extended warranty with my set because it had bulb issues in the last year of the warranty. Since the warranty had a lemon clause, after the 3rd bad bulb I was given a credit at the store to buy a new tv. Since the tv I had was no longer available they found one in stock that had all the options I had and gave me that purchase price. In fact, the tv they had in stock was a 65" and was MUCH nicer than my old set. (Mine was 720p and this one was 1080p.) The price on this better tv was $2200. My eyeballs nearly fell out! But if I didn't have the warranty I would have been out the entire $3500 so I was very happy. I ended up putting $500 to the $2200 and buying myself a 52" Sharp Aquos LCD tv (64U series). So in 3 years I went from an ok 61" 720p DLP to a top of the line 52" 1080p LCD for $800 less. To me, thats a HUGE change in a short time.
                                Originally posted by Feba
                                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                                Originally posted by Taskmage
                                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                                Originally posted by DakAttack
                                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X