New 360: some things i like/dislike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 360: some things i like/dislike

Thanks, hehe. I got myself a white Apple iMac for Christmas, and I've already put it to some great use. Though I didn't make the original drawing of course, I'm just pretty decent with ye olde Photoshoppin'.
    Last edited by jwalton; 12-24-2007, 09:40 PM.
    PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
    Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

Freaking awesome game. Prolly best game ever for the Dreamcast and Future was awesome on the Xbox(but not better). It would be amazing to see one for the 360. But thats prolly not gonna happen . Future coulda been better if they didnt get rid of the whole drawing the Grafitti with the joystick.
      I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
      It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
      We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
      Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
      Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
      Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Comment

Personally, I'm hoping the original gets ported to Xbox Live Arcade. It's certainly not outside of the realm of possibility, as I look at Rez and Ikaruga coming their way, both cult classics on Dreamcast.

Comment

Played the x-box version and loved it. I also hope they release the original as well. Would be fun to play. Just been playing Two Worlds again and found out it has a patch for multi player so me and my friend have been on and to be honest its not much different. Glad i got this game for free.
          "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

JSRF is compatible with the Xbox360, just fyi.

As far as good games, Blue Dragon is great if you're into FF sytle games (I"m assuming so seeing the forums you're on), and Beautiful Katamari. Both of these games are $40 now I believe (or maybe Blue Dragon was a sale I saw I dunno...)
            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Eternal Sonata is worth checking out but be warned, its VERY linear. COD4 naturally, Orange box if your into FPS, and the Ghost recons are a decent play too. You could probably pick up GR1 and 2 in a sale and Eternal Sonata will probably be there too
              "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Here is some recomendations from an Xbox 360 games tester:

The Club, Eternal Sonata, Assassins Creed, CoD 4, Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

Theres probably some that i've forgotten, but those are some of the ones i tested at work and actually enjoyed.
                Name: Alkisti
                Server: Cerberus
                Job: 20BRD/10WHM.

Comment

Well I ended up getting Halo 3 for X-mas and lots o' money. Gonna spend that money on FFXI for my house(which means i need to buy a rouder and keyboard as well) and decided to save up for Rock Band. Plan on also getting CoD4, Orange Box, Assasins Creed, Eternal Sonata, and Blue Dragon sounds nice as well.
                  And man Halo 3 is awesome. As soon as i got home(day after Christmas) i hooked my awesome new stereo
                  and put Halo 3 in and started playing on Heroic. Got to level 6 before going to bed.
                  But im pissed at my cousin cause about an hour after i got it he freakin ruined the story for me...

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

Well if you have the money its worth buying a HDTV but not a must have.When i first got my 360 i was using a 25 inch SDTV. It was amazing , but when i stepped up to HD it was jaw-dropping. America seems to be WAY ahead on terms of HD and you should be able to pick up a fairly decent one for not too much money. ( i saw a 30 inch HDTV for £1099!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Trilby
                      ( i saw a 30 inch HDTV for £1099!!)
                      Well how much is that in Dollars?

Currently my mom is at work so i plugged the 360 into the tv behind me in the living room and its like 36 inches i guess(i dont really know thats just my guess if anything i think its just a little bit bigger than 36) not hd but it looks crazy nice on there.
                      If i did get a bigger tv for my room it couldnt be much bigger cause it has to fit on my TV stand. Its got about 2 1/2 inches on either side of the tv for room but almost no room front or backways. But then again arent most HDTVs not long front to back?

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

If you buy a flat panel LCD or Plasma, yeah... they take a lot less space than CRT televisions. Once you go HD though, you won't ever want to go back, trust me. If I'm not prying too far, what's your spending limit? I ask since folks including myself can recommend a possible HDTV purchase, if you let us in on how much you're willing to spend and the max size the TV could be so that it'd fit on your stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Trilby View Post
                          America seems to be WAY ahead on terms of HD and you should be able to pick up a fairly decent one for not too much money. ( i saw a 30 inch HDTV for £1099!!)
                          In American dollars, that sucks.

xe.com says currently 1099 GBP is 2192 USD.

For comparison, Best Buy has a 32" Westinghouse LCD (720p) HDTV for $700 or a full HD 42" LCD for $1200.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah but for comparison, Westinghouse sucks. Depends on what brand Trilby is talking about.
                            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                            Currently Playing:
                            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Trilby View Post
                              America seems to be WAY ahead on terms of HD and you should be able to pick up a fairly decent one for not too much money. ( i saw a 30 inch HDTV for £1099!!)
                              What?

I got a 32" for £450. You can pick them up for alot less too if you go for a cheaper brand.

You can get 40" 1080p LCD TVs for about £7-800

Comment

You can pick them up for alot less too if you go for a cheaper brand.
                                Cheaper brands aren't usually a good thing when you're talking about monitors

Comment

Working...
                                X