New 360: some things i like/dislike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 360: some things i like/dislike

Just got my Xbox 360 on Friday afternoon. Got it early since i wasnt gonna be with my girlfriend for the break and it was a christmas/1 year anniversary (actualy anniversary was yesterday 12/23/07)gift from her. Its awesome.

Louder than i expected when running a disc.I only have Ultiamte Alliance and Forza Motorsport for the time being. Ive clocked in about 10 hours on Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and about 2 on Forza Motorsprt.

Pros: New game system means new games to play= less boredom
    Looks pretty good even on my small non HD tv.
    No wire on my controller which means i can lay down on my bed and play.
    If my mom oks it i can get FFXI in my room and prolly end up making use of theses forums and my ls that i use on my char at dads house.
    Its fun getting "accomplishments" it makes me feel(oddly enough) Accomplised

Cons:Like i said louder than expected(is it just me?)
    I have to pay to get new games =(
    On my small tv which is actually normal size to me...(i thyink its like 16 inches i dunno)there are times when the font in game is tiny. Is that a problem on lots of the games? Like in Forza Motorsprt lots of the font is really small and hard to make out. Eyestrain.

I was also wondering if: Other than Halo 3, CoD 4 and Assasins Creed(cause i already want these) any notable games and opinions on said games? I wanna see whats widley liked by the people who are interested in the games i am(such as FFXI)(also dont include GH or Rock Band cause i already want them but dont really think im gonna get them)
    I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
    It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
    We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
    Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
    Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
    Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Re: New 360: some things i like/dislike

Anniversary of what?

And what the hell at your GF being able to afford to buy you a 360, but then having to ask your mommy if it's ok to move your console into your room.

as for the fonts, have to remember that most 360 games are made to be on large HDTV screens. Fonts are going to look small on that screen no matter what, though, unless you're sitting annoyingly close. My advice, look around for After-Xmas sales on TVs.

Comment

Ok Anniversary. As in one year. Dating a year. Thats implied when i say my girlfriend(as apposed to Wife or anything). (and she can afford it cuase she has/had a job for a long while.(I dont.))
      Im 16 and moms okay with consoles in my room i got my Xbox ,GC, DC, PS2, PS and Super Nintendo in there. Shes just uptight about the whole Internet crap and the fact that id have to run a wire from my room to a rouder in the living room which is the main point of having to ask to get the 360 online.

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

Thats implied when i say my girlfriend
        Not really. Unless you're married, there are about half a dozen things Anniversary could be, and that's just the 'normal' stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Humar View Post
          ize to me...(i thyink its like 16 inches i dunno)there are times when the font in game is tiny. Is that a problem on lots of the games? Like in Forza Motorsprt lots of the font is really small and hard to make out. Eyestrain.
          Xbox 360 games are designed to be played on a 720p HDTV or higher, so if you're viewing on a non-HD small screen, yes, the font is going to look small and cramped. The only solution to this is get a bigger screen that is at least 720p resolution.

I was also wondering if: Other than Halo 3, CoD 4 and Assasins Creed(cause i already want these) any notable games and opinions on said games? I wanna see whats widley liked by the people who are interested in the games i am(such as FFXI)(also dont include GH or Rock Band cause i already want them but dont really think im gonna get them)
          The 360 has a lot of nice games. In particular you may want to look at Mass Effect and Bioshock.

There's also the upcoming titles you should watch for, such as Too Human, Alan Wake, Huxley, GTA4, Resident Evil 5, Ninja Gaiden II, Fable 2 and Lost Odyssey.

Icemage

Comment

Well id consider myself normal, and when i see/hear Girlfriend and anniversary i automaticaly assume that said girlfriend and boyfriend have been dating that long.
            And honestly cant think of anything else it could mean.
            But enough on that. Feba do you have any opinions on 360 games? any oustandish ones? or ones to keep away from? Do you have a 360?

Edit: Also rememberd that i want Oblivion. And intend on getting it.

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

I would recommend dead rising, but the text on that is supposed to be very hard to read with an SDTV, so no I suppose.

Icemage's recommendations are good, too.

Comment

Oblivion is oh so good. Get it.

And Dead Rising may have been patched for that problem. I know that Lost Planet was. That doesn't save it however, from being a good game destroyed by poor execution however.

I also recommend CoD4, The Orange Box, Mass Effect, and Eternal Sonata. Also, Ace Combat 6, Rock Band and Gears of War.
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Gear of War, BioShock, Orange Box, Mass Effect as well as Halo3, CoD4, Assassin's Creed. All very good games, with allot of replay value. Then there is the replay value on line with CoD4 and Halo3.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Pai pai: nope, they said they wouldn't patch it.

Comment

Oh yeah i forgot abou the orange box. Sister mentioned it to me said i should also get that. She wants to save up for GH for herself(and i wont mind it either )

Has anyone played Viva Pinata? Sis wants it and i remember reading a few good reviews for it in EGM i think but has anyone played it and have insight on it?

Are the Dead Or Alive games as good as the one for the Dreamcast was? Im worried that maybe the fighting aspect of the game has diminished and in its place would be just more boob bouncing.

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

Viva Pinata is a good casual game for all ages. Get it if you're interested.
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Its basically a bunch of minigames right? or is that something else?

And if it is a bunch of minigames is it pretty much like Fuzion Frenzy? ive played the one for Xbox and the demo of Fuzion Frenzy 2

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

The original Viva Pinata is a simulation game, strangely enough. I'm not sure who Microsoft was trying to market the game to, because they tried to make it sound like it's kid friendly, yet I doubt any kid that watches Viva Pinata would have the patience to play it.

Viva Pinata Party Animals is the new one that has all the mini games.
                            PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
                            Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

Jwalton I love your icon...

...Amazing

Das Oldskoolen

My Fav

Comment

Working...
                              X