Xbox 360, how do you put up with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360, how do you put up with it?

Alright, so I came home from college today to find that my little brother bought an Xbox 360 yesterday, everything brand new, I also found he bought Gears of War, what a good brother, he can read my mind. So I pop it in, eagerly waiting to play and what do you guess greets me? A message saying "please insert disc into a XBox360 to play"...... I popped it out, made sure he did infact buy an Xbox 360, and tried again... I've tried about 30 times now and I'm ready to strangle someone to death. The system won't load the disc. Both the Xbox 360 and disc are BRAND NEW. It will load other games, for example, I resorted to trying Armored Core 4, which I found was a significant blunder in comparrison to every Armored Core that has ever existed. So now, I'm sitting here looking to find out what is going on and I'm finding out that EVERYWHERE there are messages about this littering the net and seemingly no answer as to how to alleviate the problem... Is it just our system or were the Xbox's made from, as someone coined the term the other day with a GM, "pure fail". I'm furious and disappointed that something so shotty was pushed out into the market.
    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Re: Xbox 360, how do you put up with it?

Everybody knows the Xbox 360 hhas issues, but we accept it for what it is: a medium for little children to piss me off through.

Comment

Are you sure you put the disc in the right way? You know that shiny silver side? It goes face down., or facing left if you have your 360 standing up (which you shouldn't anyway)
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Originally posted by InuTrunks View Post
        Are you sure you put the disc in the right way? You know that shiny silver side? It goes face down., or facing left if you have your 360 standing up (which you shouldn't anyway)
        Afriad it's a known issue the Xbox just doesn't read some cd's with no explanation as to why. At least he didn't get the red brick error where the power light has a red circle around it. (The appearance when a 360 dies).

Comment

hurry it back to the store and change a new one I guess.

At least yours tell you straight ahead before you play. My 360 really like to do that to me mid way into the game.... wasting my session -_-

Downloaded Castlevania Symphony of the Night was the best thing about my 360 so far... none of the 360 games really appeal to me. Even blue dragon turns out to suck really bad. /sigh.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Well, we took Gear of War back and exchanged it for another copy and it works now without any problems. Its a pretty good game so far.
            Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
              hurry it back to the store and change a new one I guess.

At least yours tell you straight ahead before you play. My 360 really like to do that to me mid way into the game.... wasting my session -_-

Downloaded Castlevania Symphony of the Night was the best thing about my 360 so far... none of the 360 games really appeal to me. Even blue dragon turns out to suck really bad. /sigh.
              Eternal Sonata looks really fun and original. It has a really unique premise and a beautiful art style. I'm really happy it'll be coming to PS3 next year, but since you have a 360 now I'd really recommend buying it. Just came out this week.
              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
              Currently Playing:
              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Played about two hours of Eternal Sonata so far. Unbelievably beautiful game, and fun as hell to boot. Blue Dragon got all the attention because Sakaguchi was at the helm, but Eternal Sonata is the real gem. If you have a 360 and love JRPGs, Eternal Sonata is a must. I'm not even remotely kidding. Screw Blue Dragon.
                PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
                Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

It looks astounding. I can't wait to get a chance to play it next week.
                  PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                  Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                  WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                  Currently Playing:
                  FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Thanks, cheers. Finally something to look forward to. Any other recommendations?

I like winning eleven series too and heard the new one will be coming out on 360 pretty soon. I might buy 2-3 more extra controller for that game too so my friends can meet up and play it.
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Ace Combat 6 is around the corner! I also enjoyed Project Sylpheed, though that's a hit/miss depending on what kind of gamer you are. I loved space-flight combat sims like Wing Commander back in the day, so Project Sylpheed was a perfect fit. Mass Effect is the one to get though. Thank goodness it has an official ship date in November, I can't wait.

On a side note, I upgraded to a 360 Elite because I kept running out of disk space, and rather than spend $179 on Microsoft's ridiculously overpriced hard drives, I figured I could upgrade to an Elite and sell my old one which would basically come out to being around the same level of expense. My 360 Elite was from caselot 276 (it's printed on the side of the box, caselot 270 and later are all supposed to have the new heatsinks) complete with a BenQ DVD-ROM drive which is a bit quieter than the Hitachi drive that was in my old 360. The fans are a lot quieter... PS3 quiet. The HDMI isn't doing me any good though, since my HDTV is 1366x768, so 1080i or 720p has to be scaled either way... my VGA cable gives a better picture by sending out the exact resolution. In any case, I've plenty of space for all the crap I download, and for Square Enix's next-gen MMO when it finally ships.
                      PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
                      Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

Working...
                      X