Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Don't buy that 60GB PS3!

Originally posted by Master Grimm View Post
    Nothing, But this thread deserves something random...
    Right, because, we obviously don't have enough stuff between the Wii and 360, DRM, Direct-X, Graphics, Balance, Emulators, Non-emulators, Linux, iJunk, and more.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

I still think it needs more Randomness
      Watching FFXI live and it's making me sad That I'm broke 100% of the time...

Comment

> _ >

http://www.duelinganalogs.com/?date=2007-04-02

Yellow Mage = Linux
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

On a completely unrelated note, I don't think many people has spoken about the awesomeness of the Ignore User option. It can save you from a lot of headaches.

Originally posted by Feba View Post
          Ah, DRM. "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"
          I'm tempted to sig this one.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I haven't seen any good Mac vs. PC spoofs that include linux so far, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              What's that supposed to mean?

And, in response to Raydeus . . . I'm not being ignored, am I?

EDIT: It's in response to my anti-Mystic Knight stance, isn't it?

If so, why would you feel the need to bring that up here? ; ;

Can't you take grudges to, like, an Off-Topic thread, or something?
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                And, in response to Raydeus . . . I'm not being ignored, am I?
                Nah, not you.
                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

To Malacite:

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mhurron View Post
                  A - You should be beat to death
                  B - Congratulations, you created the RDM without the ability to heal or support.

>- > that's why. Mean maybe, but an eye for an eye. Let's call it a draw and drop it ^_^
                  sigpic

Comment

What's sad is that I can find a $600 PC with dual-core processors, 160+ GB HDD, 2GB ram, nVidia 7300GT, etc. Sony is seriously ripping everyone off with an inferior product. What we're really paying for is the BluRay technology or license, which makes no sense whatsoever as it's a Sony technology in the first place.

What happened to that old adage that Video Gaming manufactures make money off licensing and software sales and not hardware?

Sounds like Sony is hedging against a sure loss if they gambled and didn't pay off. However, at this point, anything they do right now is too little, too late. If they had released at $399, they could've crushed all competition and produced record breaking sales.

In either event, I have long since passed up video gaming. Nothing quite compelling there. I find more gratuitous entertainment reading manga and watching anime and taking care of my chocobo than I would be paying $50 per mediocre title after mediocre title on a $600 good-for-nothing e-peen toy...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                      What happened to that old adage that Video Gaming manufactures make money off licensing and software sales and not hardware?
                      As far as I know, Sony and Microsoft were playing by that rule: Both were losing money on every unit of PS3 and xBox360. Sony was bleeding especially badly.

The only one breaking the rule here is Nintendo with its Wii; that's actually making slight profit, I think, for every unit sold.
                      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                        As far as I know, Sony and Microsoft were playing by that rule: Both were losing money on every unit of PS3 and xBox360. Sony was bleeding especially badly.

The only one breaking the rule here is Nintendo with its Wii; that's actually making slight profit, I think, for every unit sold.
                        Microsoft was doing OK until they announced the 3 year extended warranty and blew a $1 billion hole in their operating costs. Of course, avoiding an even more expensive class action lawsuit was the smart thing to do, but still...

Icemage

Comment

Sony was apparently profiting on the 60 GB model before the price drop too, which means they will likely make money off the 80 once it's out.

But who gives a crap anyway unless you're a share holder in the company? As long as the games are good and the companies continue to give us gamers the high level of satisfaction we expect of them then it's all good. Wii could sell a billion units for all I care, if the games suck it doesn't mean jack.
                          sigpic

Comment

Because companies are never inclined to make games for the console that has twice the user base as it's competitors.

Comment

As long as the PS3 has a good player base developers wont stop making games for the console regardless of what other consoles do or don't do (specially in Japan, which as I've said before is the only market I'm interested in ).

It's kinda the same as with XI and WoW.

WoW has way more players, but that doesn't mean (at all) it's a better game or that people will stop playing XI for WoW. The same thing happens with the 360 and the PS3 from my point of view; and the PS3 has way more chances of catching up to the 360 than XI to WoW.
                              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

No, it's very much a different thing. Some people enjoy playing FFXI. Some people enjoy playing WoW.

Companies are out to make money. They will go with what makes more money. That simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X