Don't buy that 60GB PS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't buy that 60GB PS3!

Well if we just want to talk about nearby gamestops, I can probably beat you. There's one at a shopping center near here, one at a mall, the two I mentioned earlier, there's an old store that I think used to be a mom'n'pop shop, that I'm 95% sure was bought by gamestop- but I haven't had any business over there in a long time. And those are just the ones I know about.

Comment

Haha Feba, but you live in the middle of the united states
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

So?

Comment

I don't think anyone surrounded by corporate game stores is exactly winning.

Comment

Went to Futureshop today with the intent of buying a PS3... going to wait just a little bit and think it over, but I believe I found the best deal I'm ever gonna get (any time soon that is).

For $855 CND (that's with tax) I'd get the System, HDMI Cable, 2 Controllers, 1 Game of my Choice, 1 Movie of my choice (out of 5 pre-selected. Pirates is in there so woot) and a 3 year PSP (Product Service Plan, not the system!). Pretty freaking good deal I'd say, it's just a lot of money to drop. I can afford it no problem, but damn that's a lot of money...
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well, that's still a pretty good deal. My purchase came to $850 USD after the system, an extra controller, 3 games, a 3-year warranty extension and a Bluetooth headset. After the whole Target employee discount thing, which was a godsend.

But like anything, you should take some time to let it settle in before you spend that much money at once. Even my TV was a great purchase saving $1100 on it, but it was still a lot of money to plunk down and it took some time to get my head around it.
              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
              Currently Playing:
              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                This place is infected with them.
                This one area, you go to the mall, and there's a gamestop in there, you walk to the foodcourt, into the parking lot, cross the street, and there's *another* gamestop not five freaking minutes away.
                Man i thought my area was bad. On one side of the street we have a best buy. In that shopping plaza we also have a Gamestop. Across the street we have a Circuit City, n in that plaza we have a movie store that has a gaming store connected to it. A block down the street we have a mall that has a Game stop in it. and across the parking lot is another Gamestop. About a block down on the same street is an EBgames, and another Gamestop.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

In a mall near by, we have an eb, and a gamestop in the same wing.

It used to have a Babages as well.
                  -Baka Inu!
                  Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]

Comment

coincidence or conspiracy?
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Considering they are all owned by the same company now, coincidence.
                      -Baka Inu!

Comment

I dont know about sony anymore.... I have been a gamer since.... well 1988 (got a NES at age 5) and SOny was looking to be agreat game company...till they started all kinds of BS... not just with their systems and the "entertainment system" crap (its needs to play games... thats it) but more recently them shutting down Lyksang (SP?) for a very terrible reason, and now their crappy PS3 system....

I think for a good while I will just stick with the company that has treated me so well since I was 5 ;p

Nintendo was the man, then came Sega and all was good...... then Sony joined the fray, and still, all was bliss..... Microsoft joined the fight and it got interesting.... who will win in the end.... I think we all know
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

If you check the weekly sales numbers in japan, I'm sure you can come to the conclusion that Nintendo will win, (seeing as how the DS Lite is sold out, every week in Japan, you can't find one, anywhere).
                          -Baka Inu!

Comment

Originally posted by InuTrunks View Post
                            If you check the weekly sales numbers in japan, I'm sure you can come to the conclusion that Nintendo will win, (seeing as how the DS Lite is sold out, every week in Japan, you can't find one, anywhere).
                            Put it in your sig already.

Comment

We, the consumers, will win! :3
                              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                              Currently Playing:
                              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Ps3 = BAD!
                                I know About the PS3 even though I only have a 360, My friend invites me to his house to Play the Ps3 and the over all quality is BAD, Yea it looks good in HD. But wheres the quality of games? There way too fast. (I beat Most of them, Including resistance Fall of man in around 2:30: Just by running and Gunning and not dieing once, Unlike Gear of War which took me about 2 days at the same difficulty for both. And the connection sucks. Me and my friend got the Same Internet service. Works the same and Everything. But I got The 360 Elite and he Has the 60GB PS3 (He's $ like that and I had to save up for 2 years to get an elite. But the PS3 network quality also sucks. It lags and disconnects on most of the games unlike the 360. Which only lag on new games for about 2 weeks or a week (I.E. The Darkness) So I would recommend saving yourself some cash and a lot of time to her the Pro edition OR the Elite (Your choice) for less. Because the PS3 ain't worth it... Unless you want a cheap Blue-Ray paper weight.
                                Watching FFXI live and it's making me sad That I'm broke 100% of the time...

Comment

Working...
                                X