Holy ****ing ***crackers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy ****ing ***crackers!!!

Oh n/m he's a normal Marine, the other marines are called Reavers, they have jet packs and can move up and down terrain. The jet packs also allow them to move faster across Terrain.

There's a new trailer on http://www.starcraft2.com , that shows the game play video. It's mainly focusing on some new units and old classic units from the Protoss, but it also shows some new units from Zergs (exploding zerglings that explode acid), Reaver from Terrains as well. I won't ruin any other spoilers, but if you want to download it the 1280 version is pretty nice and clean.
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

@ _@ it's also a massive file and the stupid downloader says it'll take over an hour > <

EDIT: I freaking love the Protos Immortals. Finally a land-based answer to Siege Tanks!
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The design of the game is probably still very fluid right now. I bet at the time they were making the trailer they were thinking "Wouldn't it be cool if we gave marines jet packs?" and by the time the trailer was rendered and released, that idea had evolved into the reaper unit shown in the gameplay preview. The marines shown in that video seem to have big shields like medics in Brood War. Maybe they get some kind of defensive bonus when standing shoulder to shoulder, Spartan phalanx style? ^^
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

What the hell is going on in here? I can't understand a damn thing being said. Was that from "Red Dwarf"?

I'm getting dizzy....vision blurring...

MURPHIE!!! Get me out of this thread! I'm scared!!!

Comment

You went to that movie didn't you?

I have nothing valuable to add to this thread, however, looking at the replies, it seems that Starcraft is a good game. I'll look into it, and also Starcraft 2. This thread only caught my eye because I thought they meant Starcraft, the game for the Gamecube. Or was that Starfox? Doesn't matter either way though.

Ps. I wanted to quote Task Mage's last phrase, about the Spartans. For some reason I got the System Message about not allowed to post an URL though. I hate it.
            Last edited by Arctic Wolf; 05-22-2007, 08:42 AM. Reason: Add

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Comment

No, actually I didn't see 300. I don't get out much. <.<; I was reading about that style of combat in a wikipedia article about hoplites.

And you probably got that message because our default quote code now includes a link to the quoted post. I'd definately consider that a bug and I'll bring it up to the admins to see if it can get fixed.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

They cancelled Starcraft: Ghost which was supposed to be released on the Gamecube. It seemed like it would have been Splinter Cell style sneaking and killing.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                  They cancelled Starcraft: Ghost which was supposed to be released on the Gamecube. It seemed like it would have been Splinter Cell style sneaking and killing.
                  They were talking with some Microsoft xbox people about releasing ghost for xbox. They may have scrapped that idea along with it.

Seriously, Starcraft had good potential. I'm not sure why it took this long for them to release it. I guess good things come to those that wait.
                  Hacked on 9/9/09
                  FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Ghost was planned for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

It had a struggling development cycle (passed through three different dev teams). I think they had the multiplayer available for people to try at BlizzCon 2004 or something.

Everyone hated it, the game was canned.
                    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                    Currently Playing:
                    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

It turns out Blizzard has been working on SC2 since they released the Frozen Throne. SOBs, denying it's existence all this time! *foams at the mouth*

RAWR!!!! gimme gimme gimme mommy I want nowz!!! >. >b
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070521

I couldn't help it. I just had to post that...
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Working...
                        X