Chrono Cross wasn't that bad. I has bad ass music and some cute chicks o.o

FFT:A tho..... orz
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Re: Holy ****ing ***crackers!!!

The music was great, I'll give you that. That's about all though ..
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

FFT's story was pretty good I felt.

The real beauty of that game was how well the job system was implemented. I was hoping for something similar when I first heard of FF XI 5+ years ago, but I'm still happy with how it all turned out.

And Seiken Densetsu ftw! I can't wait to buy SD4 later this month! ^^
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

oh FFT is the light, FFTA is a deep dark scarey pit without a hint of light.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

My only problem with FFT is the senseless melodrama wedged in-between a turnbased battle that could already take and hour or two to complete, something the Tactics Orge team still hasn't managed to address properly in an SRPG. But at least in FFTA the story was lighter and it didn't take 20 minutes of reading to get on with the battle.

This, amoung other reasons, is why Nippon Ichi owns the SRPG genere now.

Disgaea > FFT

Comment

I can't say how much I hate FFT:A. After a FFT being so dark and serious, suddenly we get a bugs bunny loony toon advance as it's sequel...

I might not be as disappointed with FFTA if I didn't like FFT that much.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                And I think you missed the sarcasm in my reply to Mhurron.
                PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
                Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

And I think you missed the sarcasm in my reply to Mhurron.
                  Nah, I caught it, I was just bored.

Comment

I liked the story in FFT. The story in FFT:A is lighter and takes less time, but isn't worth the reading that it does take imo. And the battle mechanics in FFT:A were dumbed down and the jobs were so redundant and unbalanced.

I've never played Disgaea, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom. Yeah, I hear they're awesome but I absolutely hated La Pucelle Tactics which came before, and I also hear the later games have similar mechanics so that kinda puts me off trying them.

Err ... I didn't mean to derail this thread so badly. Could we wrap up this offshoot conversation in the next few posts prz?
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

K, lemme wrap this up.

SE makes other franchises, they're alright, but we wish they were better

Who cares? I've never even played FFT. STARCRAFT2 IS COMING OUT. WOO. Wait, why am I excited?

Starcraft2 is made by blizzard. LolWoW, lolDiablows. Will be full of noobs

Who cares about Starcraft? Am I the only one who found out there's an online dynasty warriors, but it's jp-onry?

I hate JPonry stuff. I wish we could just cut them off entirely so we wouldn't have to know

That would kinda be like region specific servers, SE's game dun do dat. But WoW does.

Who made WoW again? Blizzard?

Oh yeah, did you hear they're making a second starcraft game? There seems to be a lot of buzz about it.

There, thread rerailed, enjoy your day.

Comment

> . > Blizzard has the best conceptual art ever. Check out the various sketches for the Protoss (since Terran and Zerg aren't up yet). I LOVE their Diablo art!

Yeah, I kinda agree with you about the lengthy in-battle conversations for FFT. There's one mission in particular, I believe it's before the attack on the church where Delita supports you. It takes like a good 5 minutes (and that's rushing through the text) just to get into the fight! > . <

FFT:A annoyed the hell out of me with the rules and judges. I personally found it gimmicky (much like the Nintendo Wii up to this point, come on give us some more good games like Zelda!) and way too cutesy.

When I first heard FF12 was gonna be based on Ivalice, I thought WOOT! Maybe we'll see St. Ajora back in his own time (what with the emphasis on airships and all) but noooooooooo... we got lolIvalice instead.

/rant off.

Star Craft 2 FTW. Battle.net n00bs be damned, I want it anyway.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                          Who cares about Starcraft?
                          Somewhere around 9 million people, and just about the entire country of South Korea. Hell, it's pretty much their national pastime.
                          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                          Currently Playing:
                          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                            Somewhere around 9 million people, and just about the entire country of South Korea. Hell, it's pretty much their national pastime.
                            LoL they do have Pro gamers with contracts. I still find it funny that one guy made 300k in Us dollars.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Protoss Carriers ftw. Those with the cloaking ships could easily wipe out anything.

Siege tanks were also a blast, atleast until you had a single enemy unit get in b/w your line of tanks in heavy dute mode, and you destroy 5 of your tanks with splash damage.

Also, tbh, I don't think I ever played SC online. The regular game was just too much fun. I had friends who played it a lot, but I never got into it.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Pai: kekekeke!

Caspian: you should try battle.net sometime. There's a number of really good maps out there. Personally, I loved the defense maps, especially the bugged ones. But, even if they wern't, they were still all fairly good.

That is, until a ground D forced you to defend against air units. Those sucked.
                                Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                                90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                                70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                                52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Working...
                                X