Re: Tekken 6 trailer

Nah.

I've always been a DOA fan. 100% games.

Comment

/drool...

Comment

I'm an old school KoF 98 and the such kinda guy, so all these Tekkens, DoAs and VFs are kinda meh to me.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

wow, very nice. Me is big Tekken fan on Arcade =P
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I can't express how much I love this series. It has lots of depth to the game play, huge difference between a button masher and a player that knows how to play. It's a lot less newbie friendly compare to DOA, which makes it more suitable for hard core players. DOA is still good to play with friends who neve really played the game before, they can still enjoy it. But meh, DOA creator was so proud of their product they talk so much shit about Tekken.

Things I really like about tekken include more serious realistic characters, realistic environment, believable animation, frame accurate moves, lots of strategy, woa lots more to say lol. I also have made a tons of friends who I just met at Tekken arcade back since Tekken 3 There are huge player base worldwide with many world tournament being held each year.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I feel like I can say the same things about DOA. Tecmo sacrifices a little bit of realism for style, but it's not to the point of ultra-fantasy. Tekken feels clunky, espessially playing the arcade version. I like DOA's fluid feel.

Comment

I want to take this oportunity to say (yet again) how much I hate Tecmo's aproach when it comes to making women.

That is all, thank you.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Too bad I don't have PS3, I would love to get that game. Guess i'll have to just play it in the arcade.

Comment

The trailer basically opened with "Remember the last two pointless fighting games we made? Well, here's another."

Tekken and DOA keep trying to beat out Virtua Fighter's quality with quantity. I'll give Tekken that its not a button-mashing bimbo brawler like DOA is, but they could stop repainting Eddie Goro and other characters and just admit they have no new ideas for fighting styles.

All the while, Soul Calibur remains in a class of its own. Not even Namco can top themselves when they make sequels to it.

Comment

I played Tekken and loved it till tag. After tag it died. Its still not bad, but its not great. As for DOA being a button masher game; it is, but if a button masher goes against someone that really knows what they are doing, it will be a slaughter. To each their own. I've liked Tekken, I've liked Street Fighter, I've like mostly every fighting game under the sun, however, I have had the most complaints with SNK. Some of their KOF games have been nice and fluid, others have been cumbersome and sloppy. However, Mai Shiranui ftw.
                      Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                        I want to take this oportunity to say (yet again) how much I hate Tecmo's aproach when it comes to making women.

That is all, thank you.
                        Some of the newer females, and I think one or two of the older, aren't all bounces and cleavage. Itagaki commented on the girls' looks by saying something similar to, 'when you're looking at these women while they're fighting you might as well be looking at something good'. I certainly agree that they should probably not be total uggos and notties, but I also agree they don't need to open such large doors. (lolBoris)

Besides, what other game lets you play as a female Spartan?

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqwhatever
                        Tekken and DOA keep trying to beat out Virtua Fighter's quality with quantity. I'll give Tekken that its not a button-mashing bimbo brawler like DOA is, but they could stop repainting Eddie Goro and other characters and just admit they have no new ideas for fighting styles.
                        Virtua what? Is that franchise even profitable anymore? (BURN) Soul Caliber has gone downhill, though I do still enjoy it from time to time. I wish Ivy wasn't always the end-all be-all character. Hey, a sword that can turn into a whip? Would any fighter in their right mind really walk up on that? She's got long and short range covered. It is SO time to invest in a gun.

To each his own. I wont play a fighter unless it's in 3D, anymore. I'm a visual kind of guy, so I need to feel the characters with my eyeballs. It's probably why I'm more attracted to DOA. The fleshed out character concepts, flashy fighting styles, and soon a fleshed out Dead or Alive universe. Will we ever learn what the Epsilon project really is?

I have a fever, and the only cure is more Torn Sky.

Comment

Working...
                        X