Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Guild Wars

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone who has or is playing Guild Wars could answer a few quick questions for me:

1) I'm looking into the game and might start it up with 3 other people. I'd like to pretty much exclusivly play the game with them (so 4 total) is this game set up where that is a possibility? Or will there be times when a large group is needed to advance in a mission etc?

2) Ive only started to look into this game recently, but Ive heard a lot of is focused on PvP, how does the mission/quest side handle? Due to the cirsumstances involved, I dont think my group would meet very often each week, like 2-6 hours tops per week. Is there enough content to keep us busy for a while (say 6 months+)

Thanks for your insights.

Re: Question about Guild Wars

Topic is a little old but nevertheless,
    1. 4 total is fine for a long time while playing, my 2 friends and I all played together for a very long time.

2. Missions can be fun, however, they can be dull at times. Often enough you go kill something and collect whatever it is that is dropped. The game can easily keep you busy if you like new features (orginal Guild Wars + 2 expansions). PvP is very fun as well as very hard, you need great skill and teamwork to be able to work together, instead of just wondering around.
    2-6 hours is pretty low, but you should work up slowly. May want to work out each week you will do, missions, money, or level. Mainly you level while you play missions, so either way.

Just make sure you all start out pretty different jobs to get that good combination in battle and while PTing. Such as a monk, two tanks, and mesmer or something.
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
    ---
    Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
    ----
    Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

Originally posted by John Doe III View Post
      The game can easily keep you busy if you like new features (orginal Guild Wars + 2 expansions). PvP is very fun as well as very hard, you need great skill and teamwork to be able to work together, instead of just wondering around.
      AFAIK, Guild Wars doesn't have any expansion pact, yet.

Each existing "champaign" (Prophesies, Fractions, and Nightfall) is a stand alone game, and can be used w/out purchasing any other champaign. Eye of the North (or whatever it's called) will be the first expansion pact, requiring one of the previously releases champaign, from what I've read.

After the first (and last) expansion, ArenaNet will abandon Guild War and work on Guild War 2 only. My understanding is that Guild War servers will continue to be available with no set mothball date, but no new (major) content will be released.

I guess it's safe to say Guild Wars is dying. (I don't see how ArenaNet can NOT lose money on operating Guild Wars server if they don't release more campaigns for it. Sooner or later the bean counters will knock some sense into the company and make it shut down the servers.)

Disclaimer: Not a Guild Wars player. Never seen it except in pictures.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I did not mean to say it was a collection ^^
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
        ---
        Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
        ----
        Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

heh, thanks for the input, alebiet delayed.

Comment

Working...
          X