I'm Speachless...(WoW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Speachless...(WoW)

What company on earth would be so stupid to make a trial version of a game unattractive? Blizzard.

After loosing about half of my FFXI friends to WoW I was going to try it out to see what it was like. Only I never did. After I spent 3 hours downloading the trial version, and went to run it, I got the prompt saying that trial version accounts where limited to one character, level 20, 10 gold, unable to trade with other players and use AH, unable to engage in PvP, unable to use chat functions other then and area chat(say) including unability to use party chat and messages(/tells), unable to level any tradeskills, unable to join a guild(linkshell) and finally, you have to pay a $10 fee to register your "free" trial ID.

Oh, and the trial ID lasts 10 days. Thats it. $1 a day for a limited trial version when the fulll version costs 50 cents a day(except you have to pay the full month, but still...)

If FFXI did this for your trial period(we now have 30 days and unlimited options, for free) I probably wouldn't have ever started.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: I'm Speachless...(WoW)

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

Comment

otoh, you do have to spend $29 bucks to buy your 30 day free trial of FFXI unless you get a buddy pass. even then, you're limited to what you can do within the game so i don't see why you're so upset.

but tbh, the $10 is new to me. I got in on a 10 day trial (fileplanet) w/o the $10 way back when

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

You still have to buy the full program from blizzard after the trial, you can't play full version on downloadable trial client. Plus FFXI(no expansions) if like $10 now.
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

I can't criticize them on their policies too much with the numbers they generate. I can see how it would be frustrating but I also see how it could be enough of a tease to entice people into playing.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

wow... V.V

Isn't that if your buy a copy of WoW your got 30 days for free? Which is the same as FFXI? Since FFXI does not even have download-able trial version~
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
              You still have to buy the full program from blizzard after the trial, you can't play full version on downloadable trial client. Plus FFXI(no expansions) if like $10 now.
              granted, but the retail price of WoW is now $19, so in the end, they both cost just as much.

however, the retail of WoW will give you an additional 30 days, which is something you don't get with FFXI

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                wow... V.V
                Isn't that if your buy a copy of WoW your got 30 days for free? Which is the same as FFXI? Since FFXI does not even have download-able trial version~
                I was under the same impression, that if you buy the game retail you get full access to everything during the 30 day period.

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                  I was under the same impression, that if you buy the game retail you get full access to everything during the 30 day period.
                  onion soldier is talking about the 10 trial WoW has on their site

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
                    onion soldier is talking about the 10 trial WoW has on their site
                    yea... I was concurring with Celeal that there was another and probably better option.

Comment

Onionsoldier, they created three new servers for the Christmas rush and trial players. I played on one recently and it was terrible. I'm sure you can imagine what it would have been like for normal players if trial players zerged the servers and started begging for money, items, enchants, help, power levels, runs through instances, and much, much more. It kind of seems like a bane for new players interested in the game, but it's a boon for everybody else.

Also, paying players get to bypass trial players in queues.

Comment

You know, I think this whole thing is to prevent players from abusing the free 10gold by creating trial account over and over....

FFXI trial account basicly gives you empty account you can go in and start your level 1 character. Makes more sense to me.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

There's no free 10 gold, there's a 10 gold limit. I think any new player would be hard pressed to make 10 gold by level 20 anyways.

Comment

I can teach you everything you need to know about WoW in 1 hour Follow these instructions:

1. Go to the low-level Horde area named The Barrens
                            2. Type "/1 Chuk norriz is my dad LOLZOAR"
                            3. Reply to the next two chat responses with "/1 STFU HUNTRE NUB"
                            4. Reply to the third chat response with "/1 Reported to GM for profanity."
                            5. Sit back and enjoy WoW.
                            Last edited by Facerip; 12-08-2006, 12:04 PM. Reason: Gah firefox won't let me enter line breaks :(

Comment

lol i didnt understand a single word of that

Comment

Working...
                              X