The flying Wii-mote @_@;
    Same thing online comics been picking on the past few months lol ^^
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Re: Don't play Wii for too long. Or....

Oh man. Thanks Jei for the warning.
    Time to invent something to make millions of dollars off a strap with steel enforced strings.
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

wow, for some reason, that site came up sex/nude under Norton...weird...

I hope no one sues over this....end of Nintendo Wii...>.>
      Don't you just hate those people who name their characters after other games like Devil may Cry and animes like Trigun? ^^

Comment

i wonder if anyone's been hit in the face by a stray arm or mote yet :d

Comment

The stray arm or accidental slap in the face I figured would come up. But how damn hard was this friend trying to roll this ball that it a) snapped the wrist strap, (The Japanese seem to have some weird obsession with wrist straps, so I'd like to think they'd have mastered the design already.) b) broke his TV.

Either way it's funny to me!

I went into GameStop the other day, and two guys were in there toying around with the Revolution. (I will never call it the .... /cringe) Then I heard that the guy behind the counter required some collateral from them so they could play. Took one guy's driver license and the other guy's shoe! That had me cracked up. Guy then told me, the way he figures it, that once the snow starts nobody will be trying to run away with a controller! (Once the snow sticks in Michigan, it doesn't go away until May. lol)
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
            I went into GameStop the other day, and two guys were in there toying around with the Revolution. (I will never call it the .... /cringe) Then I heard that the guy behind the counter required some collateral from them so they could play. Took one guy's driver license and the other guy's shoe! That had me cracked up. Guy then told me, the way he figures it, that once the snow starts nobody will be trying to run away with a controller! (Once the snow sticks in Michigan, it doesn't go away until May. lol)

LMFAO!

Comment

Took one guy's driver license and the other guy's shoe!
              LMFAO That just made my dull day a little better, i can just imagine the guy standing in front of teh console wearing only one shoe, and trying to hop out of the shop with a controller.

Comment

Guy then told me, the way he figures it, that once the snow starts nobody will be trying to run away with a controller! (Once the snow sticks in Michigan, it doesn't go away until May. lol)
                Tell me about it. I've lived in MI all my life and if anything is going to slow down a thf, it's gonna be snow!

On-topic:

O man, that's almost as funny as it is scary. I intensely want the Wii, but I'm not trying to kill my only TV that I have in my bedroom.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I think the Wii is a poor excuse for a way to get excerscise. Now if Sony or nintendo came up with a way to integrate a Mag trainer into the console and incorporate my bike training into games like a new and improved urban assault version of paperboy or something, that would be the tits!!!

Comment

It's the guys fault anyway. You don't need THAT much force in a roll when it comes to Wii Bowling. O-o Like one of the people in that forum said, it looked like he just SMASHED the Wiimote into the TV out of rage.
                    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                    Originally posted by Nandito
                    Ponies.

Duh.
                    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

I'm not nearly as stupid, but just as likely could have broke a wii controller

After too much moving, I sank into the chair and banged rather loudly the remote on the table. At an angle too.

Comment

I dunno, it seems more like a setup then anything. It takes a lot of force to rip a wrist cord and crack a TV screen and the lil wii-mote doesn't look like it's heavy enough to produce that force. He must have been swinging it by the wrist cord itself or something stupid like that. My understanding is that you don't need *that* much force to play with a Wii, so even if the strap did break while playing it's his own fault.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                          I dunno, it seems more like a setup then anything. It takes a lot of force to rip a wrist cord and crack a TV screen and the lil wii-mote doesn't look like it's heavy enough to produce that force. He must have been swinging it by the wrist cord itself or something stupid like that. My understanding is that you don't need *that* much force to play with a Wii, so even if the strap did break while playing it's his own fault.
                          Depends on the game and your senitivity settings.

Most of us, it seems, when a movment doesn't work, we reinforce it by doubling the movements or increase the speed.

If anyone tried red steel, you'll know what I mean. Awkward controls = not doing what you want = flailing wildy = doing sort of what you want.

Comment

We brought the Wii home and played it pretty much nonstop for the past 24 hours
                            I think that sums it up, people were tired, got careless, and want to blame someone else for their mistake.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                              I think that sums it up, people were tired, got careless, and want to blame someone else for their mistake.
                              Yeah, the unfortunatly trusted a feature though to work as a safety which is about the only reason to put a strap like that on such a device. I bet the game with the Wii mote picks up data feed on the line of the swing, if you get a line straight and accurate then it's very possible for an object to have a tremendous amount of force behind it.

AOL CDs that my TKD instructor and I had using as "Throwing Stars" proved that if you do the technique perfectly you don't need a lot of force. I demolished about 3 of the 12 AOL CDs by hardly throwing them (They shattered on impact) it's just that I got momentum and technique right.

Really I could this happening with the systems design, especially if the guy is getting into the game. He winds back, swing a perfect line and at stop the swing at just the right spot and all the momentum and kinetic energy that had built up releases in that one burst shooting the controller straight at the TV.

I've probably still got a good line of Toy products from "Allen Test Products" when my father use to work for them. Lol he used me as live demonstration for them when I was a kid to see what a kid might possibly do to break the toys. I turned one of them into an object that flung a hard ring of plastic with enough force to embed it into a wall.

That's from a kid of about 8 years when i did that, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happening when kids get ahold of the Wii. Especially if their motor abilities are not that great. One thing for sure is that the blind kid that likes to play games the Wii does look like a bigger challenge for him to beat.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                              X