X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video Game Villany

Originally posted by Reincarnation
    Doesn't Sephiroth just have a bigger fan base because he's constantly making an appearance? And maybe because his clothes...
    He has such a large fan base because FF7 was the one game that brought RPGs into the mainstream. Before then, many people ignored them.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Originally posted by DrivenTooFar
      Anyway, Sep is a badass but Kefka is defently more of a psycho. Do you remember that he poisoned an entire towns water supply even before his powers?
      Oh yeah!~ Seph, slayed a whole town and burned it down, not to mention all other sort of murders along his way to the summoning of the black materia.
      Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

They both suck.
        Everyone give it up for the super pissed off humpback whale that is Sin!
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

He'd then probley mail my still-twitching remains to my loved ones for fun, before killing them too
          L
          M
          A
          O

That just made my night. But then I saw this. . .
          I believe the sorceress from FFVIII would be the most diabolical - she was going to absorb all of reality into her powers, anihilating existence itself
          No. . . just . . . . no

Ultemecia was the worst "villian" on the face of the video game universe, not even making an appearance until eng game.

Ohhh, Time Freeze World. Ohhhh, I dont have any of my shitty abilities. Ohhh, I have to get them all to be able to fight her.

FF8 is the purest game-form example of a Stand-Alone Time Sink, making you do a bunch of redundant shit, that was FAR from optional. Ultemecia was just a hermaphrodite that was easily beaten by a homesexual-transvestite and his sterotypically dull ass friends. Dont get me started on how much FF8 sucked as an RPG.
          The Tao of Ren
          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
          Originally posted by Kaeko
          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselBoy09
            Oh yeah!~ Seph, slayed a whole town and burned it down, not to mention all other sort of murders along his way to the summoning of the black materia.
            SPOILER WARNING.

Actually no. Sephiroth got blaimed for, but wasetn responcible for many deaths at all.

The Majority of the people in Nibelhelm SURVIVED the incident, with a few exceptions. They were used in Hojo's Sephiroth Cloning expirment and many of them were seen looming around in black cloaks. Sephrioth only killed them later on during the Reunion, where most of them died anyways on the trip there.

Sephrioths first in plotline murders involved a small handfull of people in the Shinra Building, including President Shinra

A midgard Zolum was piked up on a dead tree in the marshes just before the condor reactor.

The second incident of people is Judo, in which in a gathering of soliders cloud was in, a solidure mentioned that a man in a black cloak killed a few men, along with the trip to costa de soul, where several soliders were killed. All of theses incidence are listein in which sephrioth could have been attacked first, and mearly killed as retaliation.

I have to point out that the murders in gold saucer were NOT Sephrioth's doing, cloud specifically stated that the muders were done by gunshot wounds, not a sword.

The next real time Sephiroth really killed anyone was Tseng, then Aeris, then the clones in reunion.

Thats about the end of it.

Kefka murdered on much grander scales and on more frequent occasions and more malicious intents than Sephrioth, hands down.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

I've never played VI, so I cant comment on Kefka. But I can ask this question. What makes a man truly evil? Is it his actions, or his aspirations? Sephiroth (actually it was Jenova, but thats a can of worms I dont think people are interested in at this point) used his powers to call an entire meteor to destroy the planet, so that he could absorb the planets powers and become something of a god. He was willing to wipe out an entire planet along with everyone in it, in order to become more powerful.
              I lied, I'll get into Jenova just for a second. The game made me believe this was something of a routine for Jenova....go to a planet destroy everything, gain massive power, and move to another planet. Did anyone else kinda get that feeling?
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Right, the entire plotline of final fantasy seven seemed to be a brush-off of Chrono Trigger, where a massive ailien comes don from the sky, and plots to devour the planet and move on. Where in FFVII, Sephiroth seemed to be a puppet of this.

Caspian, I highly reccomend playing FFVI, even if it is just an emulated verson, you wont be dissapointed.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

FF7 is not like Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is probably the greatest RPG ever created, made even greater by an abysmal sequel. No game has ever made me care about all the characters like CT did, and even tho *believe it or not* a lot of the characters were optional, taking the effort to get them and learn about them made the game that much deeper.

Lavos was essentially some ultimate evil people wanted to stop from coming, or at least, prevent his maturation. I believe in that sense, FFVII can *possibly* be considered a 'brush off", but even then, only barely.

Quite frankly, CT was a masterpiece made during the height of RPG innovation. ITs a shame that it came at the drastic end of the SNES's life span, and even sadder that those who play it can not appreciate it (i had my PS2 and PS1 taken at the time so. . . yeah, SNES was my best friend)

And I am not a die-hard who started RPGs back on FF1, I admit that FF7 started my gears. But in the way that FF7 di it was so genius. I bought a Playstation cause of FF7. I wasnt going to buy PS2 until I heard that FFX was going to be on it.

I probably wont get a PS3 at launch unless I see ocular proof that the next Final fantasy will be on it. Despite how bad SE fucked up with Kingdom Hearts (winter 06, WTF), I at least can trust their quality, if not for their uncanny knack at following deadlines.

Seriously though, FF12 better jump out the box and sing and dance before I play, all this time they're taking with it.
                  The Tao of Ren
                  FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                  Originally posted by Kaeko
                  As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Working...
                  X