Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pai Pai's OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread, Risen from the Dead! Braaaaains....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pai Pai's OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread, Risen from the Dead! Braaaaains....

That's right, you heard me.

Resident Evil 5, baby.

The latest in the ever-so-popular survival-horror series is making its way to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. While the director remains publicly unnamed, series veteran Jun Takeuchi will be taking command of the game's production.

All that has been said by Takeuchi in interviews is that the game will carry on where Resident Evil 4 left off, although Leon will not be the central character. (I haven't finished 4 as yet, so don't tell me if it's that way for a reason!) He says that the gameplay will be based on the multitude of changes brought on by Resident Evil 4, but the newest title will deliver truly next-generation graphics, gameplay and horror. According to Takeuchi, the development team has been going back and looking at the original Resident Evil title, and has been trying to deliver a new experience which will also remind players why the original was such a hit. Takeuchi stated "the need to suddenly escape near-death situations" as one such example of focus in the game.

As you can see from the screenshots (And yes, those are realtime, although there is no mention of whether those are Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 captures.), the main character is male, and the setting is yet another run down city, this time looking a bit more modern than the European area in Resident Evil 4. While this version's "zombies" have eluded public eye thus far, Takeuchi claims that the dev team is working on making them as smart as ever, and is making use of the next-generation systems' massive capabilities to make their appearance and actions realistic to an unprecedented degree.

When asked about a release window, Takeuchi merely stated that this game is currently Capcom's most in-depth and highest budget production, and although he did not specify how long the title has been in the works so far, said that development is expected to take a total of 3-4 years, and that fans should not hope to see the title as a launch release for the Xbox360 or even for the Playstation 3. When asked about the Tokyo Games Show scheduled for September, a Capcom representative said that an appearance by Resident Evil 5 is not unlikely.

Once again, Resident Evil 5 is currently in development for the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3, and a release date has yet to be determined by Capcom.
    Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 07-20-2005, 05:24 PM.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread!

I'm guessing its probably a tentative holiday season '06, but arent going to say anything anytime soon incase they wont hit it.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

/me drools

Cant wait! Thanks pai for the screens /bow. It's good to see that their refrencing the first RE but i hope they are looking at the remake as well. RE1 was a great game but to play it with revamped graphics as RE:Remake really brought out the horror. It's no joke when the same little scene can scare you almost every time (pending on your real life envoirment at that moment). I hope its scarrier than RE4, which was scarry but not as scarry as RE:Remake. All the other RE's cant compare to RE:Remake and RE:4... unless they remake the others a well but i doubt it. ^_~

Comment

Originally posted by TBoTB
        [RE:Remake]
        Would that be RE: Director's Cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Caspian
          Would that be RE: Director's Cut?
          No, that would be the gamecube remake that came out a while back. It was excellent in gameplay, horror, and graphics which added to the horror and lifelikeness of the characters.

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember that one, friend of mine got it and Id go to his apartment turn out all the lights and scare the crap outta myself when a crimson head would suddenly pop. Seem to recall screaming like a girl when that would happen.

Comment

LOL, yeah crimsons were the scariest zombies. on my third playthrough i would just burn the corpse first time around... although there were the scripted ones >.<. One of my fav' scariest moment was at the beginning. Having the sound turned all the way up and being cought in the moment, that first window cracking as you walk past would always get me... ALWAYS!! Even thought i played that part before it would still get me T_T. The other thing is the door bustin zombies, you can never have to many of those.... ._.

Comment

Yes. While I agree that RE4 is the best in the series, it's nowhere near as scary as Resident Evil GCN or Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
                Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Nemesis!!!....... T_T Yes Nemesis was reallys carry too but if it had came out after RE:Remake then it wouldnt have been as scary. In all its a good game though, good supsensefull moments throughout the game and plenty of "heart pounding" scares.

Comment

You can now download the Resident Evil 5 Trailer, as shown at PS Meeting 2005 at IGN.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/734/734381/vids_1.html
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Only Resident Evil 1 was able to irk me enough to call it scared, each game after seemed a little bit too stylized and too far past it's horror routes to be scary.

Comment

Using my mod powers, this thread has been resurrected from the dead like the zombies we've come to love in these games.

A few details from the latest preview on RE5.

“We settled on the fact that we wanted to show the origins of the virus. So for the setting we thought, how about using the place where humankind was born?”

In the areas where you’re separated from your partner there’ll be one roaming for each player, but when you’re thrown together you’d better have more than one escape route in mind. Resident Evil 5 is far less linear than its predecessors. The open locations have multiple exits to utilize (and hence entrances for the enemies to swarm you) instead of the staple diet of ‘corridor action’ we’ve grown accustomed to.

New to Resident Evil 5’s combat system is the ability to lock to a wall and fire around the corner. Say goodbye to awkward shuffling in order to find a line of sight through a doorway. Strafing is still out, but factor in Chris’ ability to duck and dive with the right stick too and he’s much more agile than Leon.

Joining Chris’ fight is a new female character. Now that Chris has a partner he needs to keep in constant touch. He has both a Bluetooth headset (and phone) and a walkie-talkie; one is for chatting with the female mercenary and the other for speaking to the outside BSAA contact, Metal Gear Solid codec style. Currently nameless, the mercenary’s inclusion means that, for the first time, you’ll be able to tackle a true Resident Evil game co-operatively online. Like Gears, the entirety of Resident Evil 5 features jump in/jump out gameplay with the AI taking over the reigns of our mysterious female mercenary when you’re playing alone.

Jun’s also painfully aware of Resident Evil’s massive fan following, which is why there will be plenty of familiar faces. On the character front, we know that Chris Redfield, Albert Wesker and Sherry Birkin will be returning.
                        With all this excitement it’s easy to forget the rest of the package. Resident Evil 5 doesn’t just feature a story; there’s the returning Mercenaries minigame and a whole host of other extras that are still safely under wraps.
                        Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Re: Pai Pai's OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread

Wait, this was first announced back when TBoTB was still on these boards?

Thems be some LONG times ago.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

lock on walls huh? sounds like they are going the Tom Clancy rout ^.^ awsome

oh yeah, and this has to be the one time someone necro-posted, and NOONE cant argue ;p
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Personally, after playing RE4Wii, I cannot imagine playing it on another console. The shooting mechanic was just so close to perfection. The controls could use a bit of work, but running, switching to shoot, aiming, and firing was just so incredible. I've seen videos of people on the GC/PS2 versions, they're entirely different games.

Also, considering RE4 was a gamecube title, it looks freaking amazing. I would've loved to see what they could manage with the Wii; RE4 is already one of the best looking Wii games, to improve on that?

Comment

Working...
                              X