New Years Resolutions/Goals for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions/Goals for 2011

Yeah, I know, they generally fail but it's never a bad thing to set goals. So let's have 'em!

Easy: Go back to school.

Medium: Lose 30 pounds. That would bring me exactly at the major goal weight I've been wanting to get back since I had my kids, and since I've lost at least 15 lbs in the past six months, I think I can do this.

Medium: Make some new friends.

Hard: Forget about/get over my most recent heartbreak. I've done the most important (and very difficult) step, which is cut off all contact, but I never got any real closure as it was kind of a lost contact kind of breakup and as such, I may never know what happened, so I've been tempted over nine-thousand times to call/text/e-mail/facebook to just talk and find out what the hell happened, but I have at least accepted that it's over and that I need to move on, so that is my goal. To do that.

Anyway, what are yours?
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: New Years Resolutions/Goals for 2011

Start working out again.

Comment

Like everyone else at this time of year... get in shape.

Although, I plan to start Muay Thai sometime in Q1 2011, and I'm going to take up breakdancing as well. Both these activities should help me get back in shape.
      Burning questions are burning: Is jenova_9 really a girl and is she cute? Does she talk like that in real life?

Burning.

This is why I J9: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...otionally.html

http://selenagomez.com/

Comment

Well for me, friends and family it has been a bit of a crap year. I lost my gran, my friend Melanie lost her mother, I lost alot of things which I don't wish to go into. I was made redundant, yeah 2010 will certainly go down in my books as being one hell of a shit year.

So Goal for 2011. Not have a shit year.

Comment

I'm surprised by the fact that I have none.

I mean the things that are within my power either already did them or don't care about to actually do them.

Then there's the bunch of wishes that are either completely beyond my control or are already scheduled for a few years in the future.

Things like getting a Persocon (someday), going to Japan (maybe in a couple of years), or finally having 32hr days so I could play more. Finding a girl I could fall for would be nice, but again completely out of my control, you either win the lottery or do not. And knowing myself it would probably be more realistic simply waiting for Persocons to be created. <_<;

So... hmmm... maybe sleeping more?
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

(1) Continue to not play MMOs as life is more productive when you don't play them.

I know I keep expressing interest in DCUO and FFXIV, but I don't think I'll ever play them because I'll just be met with disappointment in humanity again. P2P RPGs have come full circle, I think Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Monster Hunter are more my speed these days. No commitment, no drama and no silly adherence to a corporate structure complete with inept middle management.

(2) Blog more. Kinda fell off around late September.

(3) Look into auditioning for voice work, join a theater group while expanding on writing projects. Basically put my existing skill set to use somewhere that can't be usurped by blogging, podcasts or waste away in the dying print medium.

(4) Get a dog. Preferably some variation of Welsh Corgi (just because they are awesome). I need something to keep me a bit more responsible and neat. Plus it can be used as a lure for women. And also, dogs love you unconditionally and listen even though they don't know what the hell your talking about.

(5) Stay on current dietary habits. I've been losing weight now that I visit certain restaurants less. Tex/Mex/Cajun is my guilty pleasure and I've been keeping it in moderation rather than constantly indulging.

(6) Once back on some form of health insurance, see a sleep therapist. I think sleep problems have been the culprit of my problems in previous years. Paxil was hurting me more than helping me, B6 and Vitamin supplements have helped bridge the gap that Paxil was preventing from being realized . Paxil acts as a substitute for seratonin, effectively telling your body to not produce it. This forces you to be reliant on - or more accurately, makes you addicted to - Paxil to function. Thankfully I'm in the minority that doesn't find it addictive, but coming off of it still had its quirks (and being on it also had some rather undesirable side effects I will not discuss) . So what I need, I believe, is to seek treatment from a sleep therapist to close the gap.

Its not that I can't sleep or get a good REM cycle, I can do that often, its just I can't ever get to seem to get the straight eight hours I need. Its almost always broken up. Under the right stimuli I can occasionally get it, it just lacks consistency.

Comment

My resolutions?

Get some more friends... I am really anti social.... Doesn't help that I am really shy, and never have anything to talk about too...

Use my computer less...

Loose my weight that I have been trying to for years.

Get more used to alcohol so I can go out drinking with people.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                Get more used to alcohol so I can go out drinking with people.
                Don't.

Try to be more confident about yourself instead. If you find out you enjoy drinking (hopefully lightly) that's fine, but do not do it just to fit in.

If people give you a hard time because of your lack of drinking they probably aren't the best company anyway.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                  Try to be more confident about yourself instead. If you find out you enjoy drinking (hopefully lightly) that's fine, but do not do it just to fit in.

If people give you a hard time because of your lack of drinking they probably aren't the best company anyway.
                  I am confident with my self, but I would like to try it, even just once. I also heard that its a great way to meet people too because you are also more relaxed. It might make me less shy IRL,

Comment

Really, the most you need to relax is like one or two beers. That's about it. If you don't like beer, some wine coolerish thing then, but probably only one of those. Nurse it, or order some water with it and alternate sips. I hardly ever drink anymore so I go out, have about a six pack (sometimes not even, depending on what I've eaten), and I'm pretty well obliterated. I find that it only takes one beer to really get me calmed down. I love how it tastes, though, so I don't keep it in the house much because I might find myself drinking a lot more than I really want to.

That, and I can't afford it. A six pack of Bud Light costs more than a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      Really, the most you need to relax is like one or two beers. That's about it. If you don't like beer, some wine coolerish thing then, but probably only one of those. Nurse it, or order some water with it and alternate sips. I hardly ever drink anymore so I go out, have about a six pack (sometimes not even, depending on what I've eaten), and I'm pretty well obliterated. I find that it only takes one beer to really get me calmed down. I love how it tastes, though, so I don't keep it in the house much because I might find myself drinking a lot more than I really want to.
                      Well.. Right now I am trying to figure out what alcohol I like. I tried a beer when I was younger and OMG! It tasted horrible! lol I like Sake though, but the burn... >< Cotton Candy rum is good though....

Comment

I have always enjoyed beer (what can I say, I am of German descent) so I've always just been a beer drinker. Harder stuff I can't really stand, and the fruity stuff usually upsets my stomach because it's so sugary. I'd rather not speed up the process of developing diabetes. Mike's Lemonades are pretty good.

I remember drinking one of those at my mom's house back when I was like 19 and she looked at the bottle for a second and asked me what I was drinking. I told her it was Mike's Lemonade and she was like, "Oh, ok." Took the chance that she didn't know it was an alcoholic beverage and it worked. I'm willing to be she still doesn't know I was drinking right under her nose. Lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

One of my resolutions to eat more sushi. I LOOOOVE tuna and avocado sushi (with a sprinkle of sesame seeds!). It's a lot more healthy than a burger from friggin McD's so I really need to stop there more and eat something like that.

As for sake....we had an incident this afternoon with some. lol Went out to the Japanese restaurant to celebrate and the chef was squirting sake into everyones mouth. I tried to say no but peer pressure and all....OMG...I had a frickin out of body experience! Honest to god I thought I was going to pass out. I am a M-A-J-O-R lightweight when it comes to alcohol. That one rather large mouthful of sake damn near took me out. Everyone sounded like they were at the end of a long tunnel and I felt like I was floating above my chair. I could see someone laughing and grabbing my arm but I couldn't feel it. ROFL So then I came home, passed out, and woke up about 15 mins ago when my g/f called. lol
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I am really anti social..
                            If you're not doing anything that's impulsively breaking commonly accepted moral/legal norms and violating the rights of others, then you're not being anti-social

This is social:

This is anti-social:

Again.

Social:

Anti-social:

This message is brought to you to gamers everywhere sick of being called "anti-social." Picking off cars with a rocket launcher from the top of a parking deck in real life would be anti-social, in Grand Theft Auto its just something I'd do for catharsis.

Comment

Haha... Thanks, I needed that laugh BBQ....

But... I NEVER go outside or talk to anyone besides my family... And all I really say is "yes, no, ok, can I have XXX please?"

Comment

Working...
                              X