X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You made jam from what?

Royal hair: Jam made from Princess Di's hair - Yahoo! News

Sun Jul 4, 1:51 pm ET
    LONDON – The royal hair? Jam made from one of Princess Diana's hairs has been selling strong at an art exhibition in London.

Sam Bompas, who founded catering company Bompas and Parr, says a tiny speck of the late princess of Wales' hair has been infused with gin, then combined with milk and sugar to make the preserve, which tastes like condensed milk.

Bompas says he bought the hair off eBay for $10 from a U.S. dealer who collects celebrity hair.
    He said Sunday that the product, called "occult jam," aims to provoke people into thinking about food marketing and what they eat.

The jam is an exhibit at a surrealist art show at the Barbican Art Gallery and in the first week 500 of the 5-pound ($7.60) jars have been sold.
    You know, I'm not even going to debate the authenticity here. Could be anyone's hair. Could be pubic hair. I just want to know why someone would make jam from hair. Morover, how does the hair become jam?

I don't know, maybe jam in the UK is just different from what I know here, but that doesn't sound like something I'd spread on toast. Condensed milk flavored jam? I'll stick to peach or strawberry.

Re: You made jam from what?

Jam to us you call Jelly. its a fruit spread basically, but yeah thats bizzaar.....

Comment

One word...
      EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Those crazy artists.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          I just want to know why someone would make jam from hair. Morover, how does the hair become jam?
          I anticipated that this thread would be disgusting, but I had also anticipated that the jam would be made from toes. Wrong end of the human body, I see.
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

All I can say is that if a MINUTE piece of hair in a food product grosses you out, I hope you eat nothing but fresh foods and never eat out.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Even fresh foods are going to be covered in insect shit.

Honestly, people, food is pretty much disgusting, no matter what it is.

Comment

lol True, but if some people would learn more about processed foods or tour the kitchens of the places they eat out at, I guarantee their food habits would change. Another side effect, some possible weight loss! lol
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  All I can say is that if a MINUTE piece of hair in a food product grosses you out, I hope you eat nothing but fresh foods and never eat out.
                  I just think that purposefully making food with hair in it is just disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                    I just think that purposefully making food with hair in it is just disgusting.
                    have you ever seen that one asian dish that's like duck eggs or something.

only they use fertilized eggs, so you also eat yummy bird embryo.

this is sold by street vendors.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Balut (egg) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia here we go

diff'rent strokes man

Comment

... I didn't need to see that... Should have stuck it in a spoiler...

Comment

It's just food. It's not any more disgusting than eating meat from anything else, you just aren't used to it. Plenty of seafood are served similarly in the West.

Comment

Who says I eat meat?

Comment

Not saying you do, just that you wouldn't go around looking at a picture of steak going "EW". For better or worse, it's a cultural norm, and we're used to seeing it. I mean, again, these are sold at street vendors. They're no more novelty food to the people that eat them than hot dogs are to us.

And hey, at least in comparison to hot dogs, you can tell what these are made of.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              And hey, at least in comparison to hot dogs, you can tell what these are made of.
                              Conversely, they lack the one distinct upside that hot dogs have: ignorance is bliss.
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                              X