Another ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!? News story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!? News story

FOXNews.com - Grandmother Arrested After Slapping Granddaughter for Cursing at Her

Florida -- 10Connects.com reports that Theresa Collier, a 73-year-old grandmother was arrested last week for slapping her 18-year-old granddaughter who was swearing at her.

Collier says she allowed her 18-year-old granddaughter, Felicia Collier, who had just gotten kicked out of Catholic school and is now enrolled in online classes, to use her computer to do homework. Felicia was kicked out for cursing at a nun, explained Collier.

Felicia did not want to obey her grandmother’s direction to complete her assignments.

"She kept repeating the F-word to me, about the whole family.  She just went on and on and I just got so upset, I got up and slapped her across the face," she told 10 Connects, "She grabbed my wrists and I couldn't get out of it and she let one go and she punched me in the cheek here."

The unruly teenager then called the police who arrived at the house and arrested her grandmother.

"If an officer on scene finds probable cause to arrest a person, because they've committed domestic battery, then our policy is a mandatory arrest of that person," said Lt. Loux, "The discretion does not come because the victim does not want to prosecute.  It doesn't come because the victim has remorse for calling police."

Felicia was in court on Wednesday for her grandmother. She signed a form to not prosecute her grandmother and to allow contact with her. However, it seems that Theresa and her husband do not want any contact with their grandchild. They are not speaking to Felicia.

Collier has to wait for her next day in court to find out if prosecutors will pursue the battery charge against her.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Another ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!? News story

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    18-year-old granddaughter
    You seem to be making the same mistake everyone else is with this story. The law changes significantly when it is not longer a child and you struck an adult. This wasn't a guardian disciplining a minor; it's actually pretty clear cut domestic assault on the part of the grandmother, and the granddaughter for that matter, but the grandmother didn't call the cops on her.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
      You seem to be making the same mistake everyone else is with this story. The law changes significantly when it is not longer a child and you struck an adult. This wasn't a guardian disciplining a minor; it's actually pretty clear cut domestic assault on the part of the grandmother, and the granddaughter for that matter, but the grandmother didn't call the cops on her.
      You're an idiot.

If I was a spoiled rotten brat and was disobedient and rebellious, stepped up to my Grandmother's face and cussed her out, the next thing that would happen would be her hitting me and me hitting the floor. This girl was probably being vindictive. Spoiled brats that don't get their way "ALWAYS" are.

You don't talk back to the people who help you and have raised you; unless there's more to the story and relationship than meets the eye. Somehow, I don't see an 18 year old girl that has every opporunity available to her to GTFO as being "abused" by her 73 year old grandmother. Give me a <bleep>ing break. The woman is 73. The girl obviously is a whiny, lazy, madd-at-the-world-and-I-don't-know-why brat. SHE SHOULD GET OUT if she doesn't want to deal with life as it currently is. She should go make her own damn way and see how easy it is to pull up your boot straps and live a hard life on a consistent basis.

The girl should be lucky she had a roof over her head, food to eat, and assistance with her life instead of sitting there cussing out her Grandma about it (and the family also? lmao honestly)

But there's more than meets the eye here; always is.
      °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
      sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Bitch (granddaughter) got what she had coming, but seriously, she punched the Grandmother right back, she's cussing like the little cunt she is, and the GRANDMOTHER gets arrested?

Bad judgment call on the cops. I mean really, what did she say? "Help, my 73 year old grandmother is trying to kill me!"

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
          You're an idiot.

If I was a spoiled rotten brat and was disobedient and rebellious, stepped up to my Grandmother's face and cussed her out, the next thing that would happen would be her hitting me and me hitting the floor. This girl was probably being vindictive. Spoiled brats that don't get their way "ALWAYS" are.

You don't talk back to the people who help you and have raised you; unless there's more to the story and relationship than meets the eye. Somehow, I don't see an 18 year old girl that has every opporunity available to her to GTFO as being "abused" by her 73 year old grandmother. Give me a <bleep>ing break. The woman is 73. The girl obviously is a whiny, lazy, madd-at-the-world-and-I-don't-know-why brat. SHE SHOULD GET OUT if she doesn't want to deal with life as it currently is. She should go make her own damn way and see how easy it is to pull up your boot straps and live a hard life on a consistent basis.

The girl should be lucky she had a roof over her head, food to eat, and assistance with her life instead of sitting there cussing out her Grandma about it (and the family also? lmao honestly)

But there's more than meets the eye here; always is.
          You seem to misunderstand what Mhurron is saying. No doubt it's a douchey move by the granddaughter to pull that kind of attitude on the people who are putting a roof over her head, but the granddaughter IS now 18 yrs old and considered and adult, so as much as I'm glad the grandma slapped the bitch, the cops had to do their job since she DID strike first.
          Originally posted by Van Wilder
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
          Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

It annoys me people have way too many rights these days.
            A slap here and there did me no harm at all. If I had sworn at my grandmother I'd probably have been pushing up daisies by now.
            All this naughty step bs and time-outs are rediculous the introduction of these "parenting" methods coincides with a major loss of respect.

Bring back the good old days of a slapped ass and good manners. People may disagree with me but the way I see it there is a big difference between an occasional slap dished out with good reason and pysical abuse.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

I bet that’s not even how the story went. I bet grandma was just pissed because she was supposed to be at dynamis but her grandchild was doing homework on her laptop
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
                ........I'm glad the grandma slapped the bitch, the cops had to do their job since she DID strike first.
                I concur with the previous poster that the cops "did not" have to do their job in this one. Cops make judgment calls all the time. These particular cops were just being too cerebral and to the letter. Laws are not made to brow beat someone with that is clearly in the right, due to technacalities; though the world would have one think differently. Unfortunately for Gramma, she got stuck with some idiot cops.

If someone mentions this took place in a southern state or California, then I'll concede my point and let others win.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                sigpic

Comment

I concur with the previous poster that the cops "did not" have to do their job in this one. Cops make judgment calls all the time. These particular cops were just being too cerebral and to the letter. Laws are not made to brow beat someone with that is clearly in the right, due to technacalities; though the world would have one think differently. Unfortunately for Gramma, she got stuck with some idiot cops.

If someone mentions this took place in a southern state or California, then I'll concede my point and let others win.
                  Here's the problem with ignoring a protocol. Let's say they did that for the very first time for this call, and after they left the accused hurt the accuser worse, possibly even causing death. What do you think would happen to that police officer?
                  "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Unless it has been changed recently. As far as I remember in Florida if you strike or push, any physical contact against someone else in your house, its classified as domestic violence, and in that case the officers have no recourse except to book the offender regardless if the person attacked wants to press charges or not. It was done this way because too many domestic violence calls would happen, and the spouse or whatnot would not press charges, then the officers are back out there again and normally for something much worse now.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, just how it is and why from what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                      Here's the problem with ignoring a protocol. Let's say they did that for the very first time for this call, and after they left the accused hurt the accuser worse, possibly even causing death. What do you think would happen to that police officer?
                      I agree with you completely. Something needs to be done about those murderous 73y/o grannies out there that slap their children for talking back to them. Or next thing you know, Granny has a shotgun and is chasing Lil Ashely out into the front lawn and suddenly its a episode of COPS and at least SOME white male in the neighborhood wil have his shirt off and be smoking a cigarette. AT LEAST ONE.

I just have to say, I'm glad the cops protected their jobs; but honestly? You have to have a little faith. That's the tough part. Would I like to be the cop sitting there in court watching a73 year old woman get arraigned on charges of domestic violence. Yeah, I wanna be that guy. I want to go into the locker room later and have the other dudes all say to me, "So Kage, my Gramma makes a mean minced meat pie. She beats the dough up and everything on it. Are you gonna arrest her too?"
                      sigpic

Comment

"If an officer on scene finds probable cause to arrest a person, because they've committed domestic battery, then our policy is a mandatory arrest of that person," said Lt. Loux, "The discretion does not come because the victim does not want to prosecute. It doesn't come because the victim has remorse for calling police."

Reading isn't really your thing is it? Neither is thinking for that matter. This law is written explicitly to remove the ability of the officer responding to a domestic assault call for the very reason that often they include the perpetrator intimidating the victim in the time it takes for the police to respond. If a domestic assault has occurred (it did) then the responding officer must arrest the offender (they did). The local court system will handle the judgment calls after the situation has cooled off (they are).

There are lot's of statutes the police do not have leeway in applying. This is one of them.
                        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

There are lot's of statutes the police do not have leeway in applying. This is one of them.
                          DUN DUN
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Well... I for one hope that granny gets what is coming to her.... Like say, pay some court fees (usually $50'ish), have a chuckle w/ the judge about cops, and file a restraining order on that ungrateful little bitch she allowed under her roof. Unfortunately pushing that trash out on the streets is slightly dangerous as it has proven it will beat up its own grandmother over absolutely nothing.

If I saw one of my relatives strike my grandma, they'd be hospitalized even tho I might be jailed.
                            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

"If an officer on scene finds probable cause to arrest a person, because they've committed domestic battery, then our policy is a mandatory arrest of that person," said Lt. Loux, "The discretion does not come because the victim does not want to prosecute. It doesn't come because the victim has remorse for calling police."

Reading isn't really your thing is it? Neither is thinking for that matter. This law is written explicitly to remove the ability of the officer responding to a domestic assault call for the very reason that often they include the perpetrator intimidating the victim in the time it takes for the police to respond. If a domestic assault has occurred (it did) then the responding officer must arrest the offender (they did). The local court system will handle the judgment calls after the situation has cooled off (they are).

Probable cause. Just LoL.

Would you want to be labeled the dude that arrested Gramma for baking cookies and smacking her kids that misbehaved? Teen, Adult, or no...

Wait, don't answer that question: you already did in so many words.

Cops make judgment calls all the time and don't arrest offending parties frequently. This one just had that one cop(s) who didn't have any guts or, being nice about it, any street smarts. Now we get to expunge on the necessities because some over zealous reporter wanted to make a name for themselves and put this in the spotlight. We can sit and balk all day at what is written in the law. But what really happens is that whole "looks good on paper, doesn't apply to real life" situation.

Case closed: the poor Granny had the one set of cops that were too chickenshyt, not enough common sense, or just are too cerebral. Let's not be naive and think the police "arrest every offending member" in a dispute; depending on the gravity of the situation at hand.

Like I said, more than meets the eye here; but still all utter non-sense, however you want to explain it away.

I'll almost bet you 2 gil this took place in Florida. Have you ever been harrassed by the cops there?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X