Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest moment of Ownage in History!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest moment of Ownage in History!

[ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7364830/19256240"]Kownacki leaps over the catcher on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

It even tops the breakdancing baby kick and kittens pouncing babies from the bushes.

The internet has been won, nothing can top this.

Well, until we see Nancy Pelosi part with her little gavel for good.

Re: The Greatest moment of Ownage in History!

I don't really care at all about baseball, but fuck, that was cool.

Comment

He got Superman'd lmao.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Woosh!
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I haven't played baseball in years, but I thought you were "out" if you jumped over another player to get to a base.
          Thanks Kazuki.
          Dragoon Equipment

Comment

It's alright, but not even as cool as death-by-traffic-cone.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
              I haven't played baseball in years, but I thought you were "out" if you jumped over another player to get to a base.
              Maybe it doesn't apply to college baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
                After giving the MLB official rules a quick once over in regards to runners, I didn't see a single word of being out if you jump over someone. As far as I've always known, as long as you stay on the baseline while you're running, it's perfectly legal, and you're more then allowed to leap over people's heads. However, it very rarely pays off since it's so easy to tag someone out when they jump over you. It's usually better to try and knock the ball out of the catcher's hands by running through them.

Chances are the catcher flinched or otherwise closed his eyes thinking he was gonna get hit and was caught off guard.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                  I don't really care at all about baseball, but fuck, that was cool.
                  I agree too. That was just awesome lol.

I'd just be like "WTF Just happened!?!" If I was that catcher. XD

Comment

If I remember correctly from the video I watched last night I think the catcher leans forward as the runner approaches which would make it difficult to make the necessary movement upwards to tag the runner.

Nevermind, I saw it wrong, but it does look like the catcher was replanting his foot/feet just before runner gets there.
                    "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                      Nevermind, I saw it wrong, but it does look like the catcher was replanting his foot/feet just before runner gets there.
                      I remember, back in the 80s, it was ok for the batter to try to run over the catcher to make him drop theball. If that is still true, I can see why he replanted his feet
                      PSN ID: Kelshan
                      Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                      Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                      sigpic

Comment

I have rewatched the video since posting, and I honestly don't know what the catcher was doing. He was certainly leaning forward because you see him fall forward as he tries to move his glove upward. He may have just been repositioning his gear to take the hit better.

And yes, you are still allowed to collide with the catcher for the chance of knocking the ball loose.
                        "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Haha.. That was sweet.
                          A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            It even tops the breakdancing baby kick and kittens pouncing babies from the bushes.

The internet has been won, nothing can top this
                            I disagree, though it was probably the greatest bit of athleticism I've ever seen in Baseball.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              the greatest bit of athleticism I've ever seen in Baseball.
                              One hell of a qualifier there, boy.

You done good.

Comment

Working...
                              X