Five years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five years ago

What were you doing? I was in the hospital, giving birth to my oldest son.

Yes, today is his fifth birthday. It's a tough milestone, since I'm here and the kids are still living with my ex's family. It sucks. I can barely afford to pay rent and feed myself, so of course I can't afford to go see my babies, even on their birthdays, though I was pretty lucky that I got to see them at the beginning of this year for my younger son's birthday.

Anyway, I thought I'd share.

This is them:

The older one is on the right. I know it's kinda hard to tell which is which.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: Five years ago

The one on the right looks like he's going to grow up to be a Pretty Cool Dude.

Not just the slick hair, but the bitching SHOES OF FIRE.

Oh yeah!

Comment

I was just finishing 10th grade. Probably doing Taekwon-Do, a bit of archery, and a lot of Super Smash Bros Melee.

Comment

the same exact crap I'm doin now ._.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Five years ago...it's a bit of a vague memory. I worked in the warehouse for the company that I currently work for. I made just short of $10/hr. I rode a sport bike; which consumed all of my money in tires and chains 'n' sprockets. I didn't have a vehicle for the winter. A friend titled over one of his clunkers for me to get through the winter on... ...I was also single and had *zero* plans on getting married.

My son is just about 15 months old....

Comment

Five years ago....ummm...April 2004I just settled my divorce...umm...April to May 2004 did the Stella got her groove back thing and celebrated in the Bahamas... ummm...2004 to 2007 started a brief love affair with text based MUDS (yeah I know - met some great people that went the way of WOW that I never did)....ummm...2004 to 2006 briefly worked as an OR nurse (HATED IT) and went back to my first love the ED...damn my life was boring...
            Newbie Elvaan Redmage - Seraph server
            'Did I do that?'

Comment

5 years ago, I was 19 and getting my first job, it actually begun in January 2004 and by now I was probably enjoying FFXI which was a purchase I made around the time I started working which was when I got my CC. I worked there for 2 years... it was hell.
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

5 Years ago, I was still in PA, just begun playing FFXI, was heavy into RPs on yahoo groups and chat back when user rooms existed, counting the days for 10th grade to start. Oh right, having fun going on my bike for 2 hours on a trail and usually visit a friend at her place if I don't feel like going on the trail. And my hair was short with blonde highlights and spikey. Same status now as back then, single.
                Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Lets see. July 2004 my girlfriend at the time who was also my high school sweet heart decided to call it quits. I didn't have anything to do or many friends that I kept in touch with from high school that I could talk to, so I decided to get out of Dodge for a few months. Went and stayed with my brother in DC for the summer and came back like the week before september 1st. I learned the joys of living without cable tv, but at least I had cable internet ^_^ compared to at home where I only had dial-up lmao.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I had just graduated high school and was probably just enjoying my first real summer in a long time as I had taken summer school every year prior.

I don't remember much else specifically. I used to baby sit for my sister during the summer so I can imagine I was doing that.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Hmm, the summer before my last year of college. Mostly I think I was taking my last math course and a few engineering courses while doing computer training and service jobs on the side. This is when I changed to playing Ryoii and Nonomii instead of my Lv61 PLD/WAR (Neowind) and WHM/SMN (Hudson) duo.

It was just too disturbing to watch my blond haired Hume male in WHM AF follow around a tall, dark and handsome Elvaan male in PLD AF. White haired feline with a fun tail and little tarutaru with red highlights and pigtails was so much more visually pleasing. Plus WHM and PLD were gimp. WAR/NIN and RDM/WHM could do so much more.
                      Last edited by Ryoii/Nonomii; 07-23-2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Got married.
                        To be the best in this game...you must help each other become the best.

Comment

Lets see, 2004 i was in my junior year of highschool. finally lost weight, started getting into ffxi, as my first character Calphera. I was also working 30+ hours at staples, had a shit load of money and nothing to spend it on besides xi.

Today: I work full time as a department head at homedepot. Moving in with my girlfriend and my bestfriend of 6 years on august 1st. and still chugging away on ffxi.
                          Thf75/Cor75- Time to work on this...

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Was in technical training for my job in the Air Force (specific job training after basic training)
                            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Awww come on! No one is going to address how adorable those two boys are!? Well screw it I will! Great job Aks! They are beautiful! (Honestly, why is it that men get those long gorgeous lashes!!?)

5 years ago....??? Hell I can hardly remember what I was doing 5 days ago! LOL
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X