Day Lite Savings Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Day Lite Savings Time

I agree with Haroldo Feba, not everyone is good at Math, in all honestly I hate Math. (not saying I am not good at it.) That and if you try to change something like the Calender, Halloween or Christmas. (no matter how bad you want to.) It wont happen, at least here in the US. I don't even know who, or how you change it anyway. That, and I don't think most people care.
    Proud-Member-Of-Stonewall

Comment

Far from standard? Really?

Comment

I depends on what exactly you call "metric system" and at what level of adoption you consider. My country is one the earliest adopters but It's still not a complete adoption even today. Many activities still use other measure systems. It's the case in big part of that gray area from what I hear from friends abroad. But hey, you tomato...
        We're seeing the same picture, just focusing at different points.
        Hobbes - Galka Red Mage 9|Warrior 7|Black Mage 5|Thief 5|White Mage 5|Monk 4 (Phoenix)

If you're on Phoenix and still haven't done the Gustaberg Tour, for Pete's Sake, send me a PM/Tell/e-mail

----Reading----
        Mage: the Awakening
        ----Playing----

[video game] Final Fantasy XI (WIN)
        [rpg] World of Darkness: Second Sight
        ----Listening----
        Coldplay - X&Y | Foo Figthers - The Colour and the Shape

Comment

Half of the world doesn't even use Daylight Saving Time......

Daylight Saving Time and Daylight Saving Time map for countries and territories 2009-2010

Seems mostly like a North America/Europe thing.
          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
            Half of the world doesn't even use Daylight Saving Time......
            Most of the other half is too close to equator, so we don't have much variation on daylight time during the year.
            Hobbes - Galka Red Mage 9|Warrior 7|Black Mage 5|Thief 5|White Mage 5|Monk 4 (Phoenix)

If you're on Phoenix and still haven't done the Gustaberg Tour, for Pete's Sake, send me a PM/Tell/e-mail

----Reading----
            Mage: the Awakening
            ----Playing----

[video game] Final Fantasy XI (WIN)
            [rpg] World of Darkness: Second Sight
            ----Listening----
            Coldplay - X&Y | Foo Figthers - The Colour and the Shape

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
              society should adjust to a more 24-hour schedule (as in, more than just gas stations and Wal-Marts).
              The day everything stays open 24 hours is the day Japan's ass needs to start pumping out droids. Because that's what you're asking us to become. Droids. Not only is that ridiculous, but a large portion of the problem with people's sleep and stress issues is that we are already going far too long and too often. Non-stop. Up ridiculously early and not in bed until ridiculously late. Last I heard, a large amount of people are estimated to be chronically sleep deprived, and the major factor is that we are already running too long. Making a 24-hour society wouldn't do much to alleviate that problem. You think people are bitchy now? Wait until everyone's having to work in the dead of night at some point, because offices, businesses, and stores flip over to this 24-hour thing you're touting. I know I'll be among those pissed off. I couldn't give less of a fuck about 'globalization' and all this catering to the whim and time-zone of everyone else shit. They want what we have? Call when we're awake. Same goes for us, we want what they have, we call when they are awake. I want to still have time to myself without having to constantly kiss-ass with customers or co-workers.

Humans were not designed for this sort of non-stop state of information and running. We have to have some quiet, some time to shut down, without everything under the sun being open around the clock, and some poor sap having to run it.
              "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Originally posted by Mystiqsoulchild View Post
                So who set there clocks back? I did lol...speaking of which why is the time on this website still a hour ahead? it says its 6pm, when it is 5pm here, and it is set to the right time zone. I was just wandering lol.
                Most of ours set automatically. I was shocked that my "Smart Clock" set but I guess it is "Smart". It has a special feature that when the alarm goes off, if you wave your hand in front of the sensor it'll snooze without you hitting the button. The bad thing about that is if something is in the way of the beam (Arm, leg, something blocking the sensor, etc.)when it goes off it'll immediately shutoff. I've almost been late to work 2-3x because my arm was hanging out of the bed and the clock didn't go off.
                {New Sig in the works}
                -----------------------
                "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                Originally posted by Solymir
                What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Telera View Post
                  Because that's what you're asking us to become.
                  Oh please. I said society. As a whole. Not individuals. I'm not saying that anyone should be up 24 hours a day, I'm saying that there SHOULD BE PEOPLE AWAKE 24 hours a day, and more importantly (since that already happens) that society should accommodate them. And yes, because of globalization, companies dealing with people overseas should definitely be able to deal with the time zone differences. That doesn't mean a longer work day, it just means that companies HAVE PEOPLE WORKING all hours.

Before you say that there are only so many people to fill jobs, keep in mind that a lot of jobs people have now are going to be replaced with robotics and stuff soon enough. For example, pretty much every worker at a fast food restaurant, other than the manager, could be easily replaced by automatons, using current technology. In fact, some clubs already have robotic bartenders.

Have pity on the night shift if you like, some people actually prefer being up at night, and working at night. Not everyone naturally falls into a pattern of waking up at 7 and going to bed by midnight. And just because things are open and running doesn't mean you don't get to sleep. Ever been to vegas? There are bright lights and enticing noises coming from all angles at all hours of the day, you can still sleep just fine. Especially with some basic measures of sound insulation; which are being built into many new developments.

A 24 hour world does not mean 24 hour people.

Comment

Working...
                  X