Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How the **** did this happen?!

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
    That's true, but the fact still remains that you are breaking the law and are subject to punishment. It might not happen, and it might.
    That's a great way to look at your freedom. The government says this is wrong. So without any questions whatsoever, I will just do what they say is right and not do what they say is wrong. After all, the greatest kind of patriotism is the kind where you don't question your government at all. Right?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the artist gets X amount of dollars for producing the CD
    Ok. Correction. An artist pays a recording label to produce and market a CD for them. The band/artist then receives minute amounts of money per CD sold. Most CDs will go gold or higher before a band actually starts to "make" money from it. Don't even ask how much a music video will cost the band.

Whether the artist is getting any money from CD sales or not, you are supporting your favorite band/artist by buying their work.
    No, listening to and enjoying the music from an band/artist is supporting them. Going to their shows and tours to show that you are fans of their music is supporting them. Giving giant conglomerates more money based off the hard work of others is not supporting the artist.

Edit: The majority of music I download is electronic. There are now hundreds of DJs and producers I would never had known about if not for P2P and file-swapping. Can someone really argue that me being exposed to more artists has hurt anyone down the line of music production? If I see one of these names coming to a venue nearby, you can be damned sure I'll be trying to check them out. To support them.

Also, not to mention, my 2 favorite bands, Sublime and Pink Floyd, are both out of the game anyway. Can't go see their shows, certainly won't pay a company for music that isn't theirs'. Hence, piracy.
    Last edited by Ameroth; 10-15-2008, 12:27 PM.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Celebrities make entirely too much money anyway.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gyotsha View Post
        Innocent until proven guilty.
        Let me know how that works out for you.

*IAA has all the 'proof' it needs when they take your crap and take you to court. You're required to prove they're wrong. If you don't, the fines get levied. The system exists in their favor and the laws are applied in such a way that if you can not prove otherwise, electronic media is assumed pirated.

Incidentally, the BSA works the same way.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

That's a great way to look at your freedom. The government says this is wrong. So without any questions whatsoever, I will just do what they say is right and not do what they say is wrong. After all, the greatest kind of patriotism is the kind where you don't question your government at all. Right?
          You're putting more words into my mouth, and saying that I am implying other things, kindly stop that. There is no need to start implying that I am some mindless drone just because I am not publicly decrying this.

Seriously, so far all I have said is be willing to face the consequences for breaking the law, geesh.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Seriously, so far all I have said is be willing to face the consequences for breaking the law
            And I have disagreed with that notion of "I should just accept my punishment for breaking a stupidly retarded law." According to your theory, MLK should have just STFU and stayed at the back of the bus... Am I wrong?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

And I have disagreed with that notion of "I should just accept my punishment for breaking a stupidly retarded law." According to your theory, MLK should have just STFU and stayed at the back of the bus... Am I wrong?
              Yes, you are wrong.

According to my theory, MLK should not have been surprised if he was arrested.

Saying it again.

Regardless of the law, the fact that it is a law means don't be surprised if you are punished for breaking it, and counting on a law not being enforced is not a good idea nor do I consider it a valid defense for breaking the law, regardless of the law.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

Comment

I also like pink Floyd and downloaded everyone of their albums for free.

I don't have any support for big corporations, which is why I do not shop in box stores like wal-mart.

Vyuru-

All Ameroth is saying is willingly taking punishment for something trivial like this is as bad as MLK doing nothing at all, and we all know how that turned out.

This is clearly another power grab, first the patriot act and now this. This whole presidency has torn your civil rights apart and most just go on like it doesn't happen. Thinking if I get caught or investigated I must have deserved it. It all started with the false flag attacks, you might know them as 9/11, have you ever questioned that or did you just take it in stride? Ill give you a hint both those towers were designed to with the possibility of being struck by planes, and jet fuel does not burn hard enough to melt steal,. Look Into it, then look at the documents that strip your rights away like the patriot act and this, then catch a bus to canada and live in actual freedom and not a fictitious freedom.

sig courtesy tgm
                retired -08

Comment

Oh lord, there is just so much wrong with that post.

Do you have any knowledge of metals, conductivity, general engineering, structural engineering, anything at all?

This is a fairly nice post that covers the basics, enjoy.

Re 9/11

Read it, understand it, if you don't understand it then go take some engineering classes and learn for yourself.

The fact that you have kids and are raising them scares me, you have a really warped view of reality Mageo.

Comment

Mageo you are retarded. Do you know when the towers were built? Early 60s. Planing being late 50s. Know when Boeing's first commercial airliner was? 1958.

I'm sure they thought about "in 40 years, advanced versions of these airliners will run into these buildings." Do you think before you post?

---------------------------------------

Anyway, back on topic:

Anyone who actually buys DRM music gets what is coming to them. There are several legal sources of buying this music.

For example: I have bought at least 5 download albums off of Amazon (which is completely DRM-free - the down side is you can't redownload these, so I burn them to a CD and throw them on my back up drive just in case.)
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

One of the reasons the tower collapsed was due to its structural build, it had no concrete stability core and the reason it collpased down in a heap was due to disproportionate collapse. Once a couple of floors go, the wieght of them is too much for the lower floor, thus that goes then his weight hits the next, to much and so on... In the Uk the concrete core hi-risers are more stable and resistant to that, its in our building codes. whether one of ours would ahve survived the superheat of a kerasene fireball would take a lot of modelling to find out, but the collapse wouldn't be as severe.

Comment

Am I the only one that gets the impression that the American Government is going down the craphole?

Edit: On topic, I agree that this sounds like a powergrab. Seriously, confiscating the PC I can understand, but all media devices? Lame.
                        Quotes

Comment

Just when you think he can't get any more retarded, you find out Magoo is a Truther. That's some funny shit right there.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Empedocles View Post
                            Am I the only one that gets the impression that the human race is going to hell in a handbasket?
                            Nope.

Enjoy the ride.

Comment

It sounds like a Big Brother-move...watching everything that everyone is doing and take action when necessary...England is going that way too...
                              Life is good, Final Fantasy is better...

Silverlance on Leviathan (Hume MNK)

Comment

DMCA Catches McCain On YouTube - Computing News - Digital Trends Well I think we should call the Czar and turn McCain in lmao.
                                {New Sig in the works}
                                -----------------------
                                "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                                "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                                Originally posted by Solymir
                                What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Working...
                                X